My Top 10 Foods I Can’t Live Without

26 Jan

Drum roll please…

(in no particular order)

#1.  Flaxseeds

#2.  Peanut Butter

#3.  Apples

#4.  Greens (spring mix, spinach…)

#5.  Ezekiel Breads and Products

#6.  Cranberry Juice

#7.  Salsa

#8. Hummus

#9.  Wine

#10.  Bell Peppers

If I had to pick 10 foods to eat the rest of my life, this is what they would be!  I think we always have these items on hand and if we don’t I’m sure to always restock them in our kitchen!  On any given day, I probably eat at least 5 of these foods if not more!  BTW, at the last second, I remembered wine!  I deleted Crushed Red Peppers from the #9 spot and replaced it with wine (hello, just look at this blogs header!)

Dinner tonight was Chicken Apple Gorgonzola Salad (minus the walnuts, we are out).  I wasn’t too hungry since I had a third PM snack.  Yes ladies and gentlemen, I had 3 snacks this afternoon.  If you are a reader of my blog, you should know that just doesn’t happen.  I am very calculated with my meals and snacks and plan them so I know I will stay full and have energy until my next meal.  I am all about keeping my blood sugar stable all day!  So about 2 hours before dinner, I broiled an Ezekiel Pita topped with 1tbsp olive oil, a sprinkle of organic natural feta, fresh ground black pepper and crushed red peppers.  I had a huge side of jalapeño hummus with it!  Yum, yum, yum!  I may have spoiled my appetite for dinner, but I just couldn’t wait.  🙂  I didn’t wait to take a picture and ate snack #3 in record time.

Used coconut oil and water to cook the chicken.

Okay, so I am really excited about a new part of BHL that will be featured later in the week.  I am now going to be doing an Athlete in Real Life interview every now and again to explore different sports and exercise practices more in depth.  I want to find out what different athletes eat, what motivates them and find out why they love what they do.  The first interview will be on yoga.  Yay!  I hope to inspire myself along with you guys and also learn some fun new facts and ideas along the way!  So check back tomorrow or Friday for the first Athlete in Real Life Interview!

Question:  What are the foods you couldn’t live without?  Top Ten?

38 Responses to “My Top 10 Foods I Can’t Live Without”

1. Karen January 26, 2011 at 7:24 pm #

I definitely can’t live without oatmeal, chocolate and yogurt!

Looking forward to the Athlete in Real Life interview!

2. Kat January 26, 2011 at 8:05 pm #

I so cannot live without bananas! Or oats! And I totally have the same pitcher as you 🙂 I fill mine with iced tea!

3. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) January 26, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

I am taking this blog idea for my factual friday, I hope you don’t mind. But if ya do just email me and let me know. 🙂 I have bought flaxseed but I have yet to try it out.

I can’t live without greek yogurt and coffee personally.

4. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) January 26, 2011 at 8:08 pm #

I forgot to leave you my email but lolzthatswim@gmail.com. 🙂

5. Katie January 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

Everything beseides 5, 6, and 10 I cant live without either!!! Oh I would have to add almond Breeze Almond Milk to that list too and some crackers like Dr Krackers!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 27, 2011 at 6:57 am #

I love Almond milk and was thisclose to putting it on the list. But only use it in my green smoothies and since bananas didn’t make the list, I decided again putting almond milk on it!

6. Nora @ Healthy Honey, Hungry Hubby January 26, 2011 at 8:44 pm #

In no particular order…

-apples
    -romaine
    -tomatoes
    -beans (if I had to choose one type, I’d pick garbanzo)
    -edamame
    -coffee
    -wine
    -tortilla chips
    -salsa
    -Laughing cow cheese

7. Shanna, like Banana January 26, 2011 at 8:46 pm #

Ooo good one…

-vino (red)
    -coffee
    -peanut butter
    -oats
    -mixed greens
    -cheese (jarlsberg, gouda, or reggiano parmseano)
    -popcorn
    -extra firm tofu
    -nectarines
    -tortillas (preferably La Tortilla Factory)

8. movesnmunchies January 27, 2011 at 5:43 am #

ahh i want to try ezekial products!
    I ouldnt live without
    nut butters
    oats
    protein powder
    eggs
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
    cinnamon
    agave!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 27, 2011 at 6:59 am #

I had protein powder on my list too, but ended up taking it off and replacing it with salsa. It was a toss up, but salsa ended up winning! : )

9. CaSaundra January 27, 2011 at 6:34 am #

Love this list! A few of mine are squash (all types), frozen yogurt, cereal, and apples!

10. Mellissa January 27, 2011 at 7:15 am #

I think all the things on your Top 10 are on mine! I would add cheese and mushrooms!

11. ihearteggs January 27, 2011 at 7:49 am #

I’m pretty sure I could live off just the PB and wine lol

…. maybe it’s time I admit a problem?!

12. jsutera654 January 27, 2011 at 8:21 am #

Haha, how on earth could you forget wine from that list?? 😉

13. Jess January 27, 2011 at 9:29 am #

peanut butter, oatmeal, bananas, and bread!

14. Stacie@sugarandsneakers January 27, 2011 at 12:32 pm #

Hmmm peanut butter, apples, pancakes and wine would definitely be in my top 10. On a side note, I’ve never tried flaxseed. In fact, I don’t even know what it is! I’m a health and fitness failure…

15. thefitacademic January 27, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

I love the idea of doing an “Athlete in real life” feature! How cool!
    I agree with most of your Top 10. I’d have to throw in a meat, too, though…probably chicken : )

16. healthyappletite January 27, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

what do you use flaxseed on/with/for?

17. fashionfitnessfoodie January 27, 2011 at 3:41 pm #

Omg I was thinking of posting the top 10 foods i cant live without on my blog for tomorrows favorite friday!! I agree with PB for sure 🙂
    Cant wait for the interview tomorrow!!

18. Stefanie January 27, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

I agree with pretty much all of your items! I’m excited to for your Athlete in Real Life interviews!

19. Bess January 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm #

Haha “helloooo, look at the header people!” I love wine just like you do, girly!

I love the Athlete in Real Life Idea! I know I’m technically not still a soccer player, but if you are interested in anything to do with soccer and the athlete’s life, let me know! Doing it my whole life has left it pretty fresh in my mind 🙂

Can’t wait to read the other interviews!