New Strength Circuits and Yesterday’s Eats

26 Jan

First, lets start with the rest of the Eats from yesterday.

• PM Snack-  4 Organic Dried Figs (Costco find) and a Glass of Hot Coco

SAM_3701 SAM_3703

• Dinner was going to be a salad, but the Husband was SO hungry and wanted something that would stick to his ribs.  So, I made pasta loaded with vegetables.  Whole Wheat Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onion, Lots of Garlic, Even More Broccoli and Chicken.  I topped mine with a little EVOO and Feta while the Husband made his into a Stir Fry and topped his with Sriracha and Teriyaki.

I was planning on using my new baker from Crate and Barrel but it broke while I was adding the ingredient to it!  : (

I love cooked broccoli in my pasta!

SAM_3709 SAM_3713

Greek Pasta!

Dinner turned out really great!  But now my body is really craving a big hearty salad today!

And, before I get to the circuits, I just read an article that Trader Joe’s might be coming to Prescott, AZ!  You have no idea how happy I would be.  The closest TJ’s or Whole Foods is located in Phoenix about 2 hours south of us, so this would be the best new sto get in 2011!  The TJ’s wouldn’t be open until Fall and once it is confirmed, I might have to make a countdown!  The article I read said an “unidentified” grocery store will open in a new shopping complex and will be approx, 1200 square feet.  Being the detective I am, I googled the average square feet of a TJ’s and I found anywhere from10,000 – 15,000 square feet is average, so maybe just maybe TJ’s will FINALLY be coming to Northern AZ!

This might be my new Friday night hang out! : )

Residents from The Ranch Hope Trader Joe's Is Coming Soon

As you can tell, I am overly excited!

Okay, So here are my new strength workouts for days 3 & 5 of my new workout schedule.  I am going to focus on toning my muscles and not building any more muscle.  I want to develop my cuts even more over the next month and a half and with this workout, I am sure I can accomplish my goals.

Day 3 Strength

• Plank into Push Ups
  • Jumping Squats

• Lunge with Back Kicks
  • Hamstring Ball Curl
  • Leg Extension
  • Wood Chops

As I continue to do these workouts, I am sure I will tweak some of the circuits to burn more calories, get a better burn and just keep it fun.  I will update them if I do!

I hope you all have a great day!  Happy Hump Day!  : )

10 Responses to “New Strength Circuits and Yesterday’s Eats”

1. Kat January 26, 2011 at 7:44 am #

Sounds like tons of fun! The pasta looks great!

2. movesnmunchies January 26, 2011 at 8:58 am #

wow great workout!! you always have awesome ones.. and love that pasta!

3. Stacie@sugarandsneakers January 26, 2011 at 8:58 am #

RIP your pretty bowl.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm #

No kidding, but I called the people at C&B and they told me to throw it away and tehy will be sending out a new on asap! Talk about the best customer service!

4. Michelle January 26, 2011 at 11:08 am #

I would be so excited if Trader Joe’s came to our area as well, but seeing we just got Target a couple of years ago, I don’t think it will happen any time soon.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2011 at 3:55 pm #

I wish we had a big Target. Our is so small and hardly has anything! But no big deal! At least we have a small one! I hope you guys get TJ soon!

5. Stefanie January 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm #

Your pasta bowl looks so good–now I’m craving some pasta for dinner! 🙂

New Strength Circuits and Yesterday’s Eats

26 Jan

First, lets start with the rest of the Eats from yesterday.

• PM Snack-  4 Organic Dried Figs (Costco find) and a Glass of Hot Coco

SAM_3701 SAM_3703

I love cooked broccoli in my pasta!

SAM_3709 SAM_3713

Greek Pasta!

This might be my new Friday night hang out! : )

Residents from The Ranch Hope Trader Joe's Is Coming Soon

As you can tell, I am overly excited!

Day 3 Strength

• Plank into Push Ups
  • Jumping Squats

• Lunge with Back Kicks
  • Hamstring Ball Curl
  • Leg Extension
  • Wood Chops

I hope you all have a great day!  Happy Hump Day!  : )

10 Responses to “New Strength Circuits and Yesterday’s Eats”

1. Kat January 26, 2011 at 7:44 am #

Sounds like tons of fun! The pasta looks great!

2. movesnmunchies January 26, 2011 at 8:58 am #

wow great workout!! you always have awesome ones.. and love that pasta!

3. Stacie@sugarandsneakers January 26, 2011 at 8:58 am #