Ants in My Pants

30 Jan

I’ve been antsy lately.  Really antsy.  I feel like there are no big changes on the horizon in my future and I am craving something big to happen.  I wasn’t always this way, no change used to be my ideal, but over the past three years we have had major things happen each year.  Let me show you:

2007

• October- The Boyfriend and I move ourselves across the country from Minnesota to Arizona into a new house

256

• The Boyfriend and I become roommates for the first time
  • The boyfriend and I start working on opening our first gym and working together

Future Gym #1

226

• November- I fly back to MN to throw my sister a baby shower
  • December- My sister welcomes a new baby girl into this world 5 weeks early
  • I fly home for Christmas to visit my new niece and spend Christmas with the Family

768

2008

• January- The Boyfriend and I open our first gym (yay!)

938

• July-  Keith’s brother gets married in Park City

Beautiful Bride Debbie

049

• September- Move into a new house (close to gym #1)

052

• October- The Boyfriend and I open up our second gym

035

2009

• April- The Boyfriend is now my Fiancé

IMG_0014 (2)

• August- The Fiancé and I open up our third gym

2010

• January- Move into our third house in less than 3 years

outside

• August- Here comes the bride, we finally tie the knot after 5 years

218

• November- 2 weeks away on our Honeymoon

• December- We get our first puppy

These are just the really big highlights of the year, during the past 4 years there has been numerous (too many to count) trips to Minnesota, Montana, Mexico and one trip to Wisconsin (for a wedding a few weeks before our own).  Also, planning a wedding in a different state is a lot harder than it seems, all while the Husband and I are running 3 gyms ourselves.

So, here we are in 2011 with no plans to move into a new house (which we were averaging once a year), no plans to travel to Minnesota or Montana in our near future, (I’m sure we will start planning some trips to see family starting this spring), no Mexican vacation in sight, no plans to open a 4th gym and no plans to have a baby just yet (I go back and forth on this ALL the time).  So what’s next?  I don’t know, and that is such a change from the past 4 years of constant change and planning.  I almost feel lost.  We are busier then ever running our three gyms and taking care of a new puppy, but I’m still feel like I need to be doing more with my time.  I talked about this with the Husband and he feels the same way I do.

Question:  Have you ever felt this way?  Do you crave change?  I’m a creature of habit, but do like change and switching things up every now and again!

25 Responses to “Ants in My Pants”

1. Kat January 30, 2011 at 9:24 am #

Holy smokes!! 3 gyms and 3 houses? Wow, sounds like you are living the dream girl 🙂

2. Katie January 30, 2011 at 10:18 am #

Never knew you guys owned gyms! How awesome!! Congrats to all the amazing things!

I feel you on the moving stuff, except we went from apartment to apartment , I first started dating mike in 2008, we moved in together 4 months later, then the following summer 2009, we got engaged, moved to DC ( for a job he got ) then moved to Fort Wayne, IN ( for a job) in July last summer, and now we are living here and getting married in Pennsylvania this June! Im from PA originally, so I feel ya on the wedding planning tough being out of state, you pulled it off well though! I do like change, and its good ; ) life should always be changing , you should never be at a standstill for too long ; ) Have a great day love! xoxo

3. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) January 30, 2011 at 10:45 am #

Wow you life is so exotic and changing! Exotic, can I use that ha? Anywho-I love the pictures of change and sometimes I crave it. During the summer when I’m back home for too long but also when I’m at school for too long.

4. Shanna, like Banana January 30, 2011 at 11:17 am #

Why so many homes???

I definitely crave change! While I’ve worked at the same company for over 4 years, I haven’t had the same job for more than 11 months. I like small fast paced assignments. I have to have somewhere “on the books” to travel to. 2009 was Mexico and Egypt. Last year was Italy and a bazillion short trips across the US. This year it is Kauai so far but I know I need to go somewhere further…ahhh!

5. Jess January 30, 2011 at 11:17 am #

wow you have had an exciting few years- and i didn’t know you owned 3 gyms!
    change scares me more than i crave it, i think- but i know where you are coming from. i like to have things to look forward to!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 31, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

I never used to like change until change was just a part of my everyday life. I got so used to it, that now it feels weird not having any chagne coming my way! : )

6. movesnmunchies January 30, 2011 at 11:24 am #

wow! you should def be so lucky to have had such amazing changes!! i know exactly how you feel.. im a big change person too.. but i think its so much better when change springs up on us naturally.. it will happen!

7. Bess January 30, 2011 at 11:40 am #

I love change. I can’t wait until I get to move to a new place but right now I’m happy since I just started a new job personal training on the weekends. It helps me not feel stuck in a rut and I get to make some extra money! One day I hope to find something I love doing that doesn’t feel monotonous but will still support a nice lifestyle! We’ll see 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 31, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

Starting a new job is always so much fun and exciting, plus it changes up your whole routine! I hope you have so much fun with it! Personal Training rocks!

8. jsutera654 January 30, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

WOW! I didn’t realize you’d done THAT much in such a crazy short amount of time. I knew you guys owned a gym but didn’t realize there were THREE Of them. You are living the dream girl, I love that! And am slightly jealous hehe, I’ve always wanted to make fitness my job, and you’re doing it. VERY cool. As for the antsy pants? Usually when that happens to me, something is just around the bend that shakes things up. So you might be pleasantly surprised 😉

9. Jamie @ Food in Real Life January 30, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

Wow- you’ve done so much! I’m so impressed with your gyms and those beautiful houses! I actually don’t crave change, I usually fear it! I’m a creature of habit through and through 🙂 My biggest change was recently when I left my career field of 7 years and went back to school for teaching. Took me forever to get used to such a big change. I think I finally got used to it,and now school is almost over! LOL

10. Maren January 30, 2011 at 2:42 pm #

You’ve had such a busy few years. I can’t believe you opened and own 3 gyms! That’s incredible and amazing. Everything will fall into place. Don’t worry.

11. Stacie@sugarandsneakers January 30, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

I had no clue you owned 3 gyms! Wow, that’s amazing! Hard work totally pays off!

12. Stefanie January 30, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

Seriously, looks like you had an amazing 3 years! Your gyms look amazing–I wish I lived closer to you! 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 31, 2011 at 2:01 pm #

It has been an amazing three years! If you lived closer we could motivate eachother to run faster and farther on the treadmill! : )

13. J.Lynn February 1, 2011 at 11:07 am #

Oh yeah girl, I get an itch for change when life gets a little too “routine”. I think travelling is the best solution for me. And moving to a new city 🙂