Dinner and Williams Sonoma Surprise

9 Feb

Good morning everyone!  I hope you all had a fantastic night of sleep!  Did you get your 7-9 hours?  I love sleep, and get really crabby if I don’t get my 7-9 hours.  My perfect night of sleep would include at least 8, but no more than 9 without waking up once!  I can dream right?

Okay, so onto dinner.  Last night I made Chicken Green Bean Casserole, one of the husband and I’s favorite.  It takes a little effort to make, so I surprised both of us, when I offered to make it.  I typically leave recipes that require effort for the weekend.  I like quick and easy meals during the week (think salads).  With the casserole, we each had a salad.  I have been lacking vegetables so this was a must in my book.

So refreshing!

If you eat chicken, this is a must make recipe!  It’s a very comforting meal!  Just look at that cheesy goodness!

My serving, I did go back for another 1/2 servings as well!  A girls got to eat, right?

While getting dinner ready, we had a knock on the door.  I went to answer it and it was the UPS man.  I saw a big box and since it wasn’t black and white (we all know I have a Crate and Barrel addiction and get packages weekly), I left it outside.  When the Husband came into the kitchen, I told him he got a package.  After he brought it inside he told me it was addressed to me from my second obsession Mr.. Williams Sonoma!  I immediately remembered I ordered that great kitchen deal, a mixer with WS gift cards we had from out wedding!

Look at this thing of beauty glowing in the kitchen!

I can’t wait to try it out this weekend, I’ve already started looking for recipes!  If you have any recipes to suggest, I would greatly appreciate it!

Questions:  How many hours of sleep does your body crave each night?

Do you have any suggestions of what I should make first in the new mixer?

24 Responses to “Dinner and Williams Sonoma Surprise”

1. ihearteggs February 9, 2011 at 7:49 am #

You should DEFINITLY make cookies! … and mail them to me! lol

I try to get 8-9 hours a night…. especially the further I get into my prep since my sleep gets wonky so it’s not always “quality”

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 9, 2011 at 11:16 am #

haha, I usually can’t bake cookies at all, they don’t taste well, but I hoping they will start turning out with the new tool!

2. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) February 9, 2011 at 8:14 am #

I need at least eight or I’m crabby for real. I don’t do well without my sleep. HA. Mr. Somana is one of my newest obsessions as well. 🙂

3. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) February 9, 2011 at 8:17 am #

Ah I can’t spell today but Mr. Sonoma is one of my current obsessions too. Aram just bought me a bunch of their mixes.

4. Jess February 9, 2011 at 8:23 am #

that mixer is beautiful! (is it strange i just called a kitchen appliance beautiful? haha).

I need 8-9 or I am crabby and need a nap. I wish I was one of those people who could survive on less!

5. Little Miss Fitness February 9, 2011 at 8:43 am #

We have the same mixer…but from Crate and Barrel! Congrats!

I usually get 7-8 hours. But lately it is so hard to roll out of bed even with a lot of sleep! Must be this weather!

Have a fantastic day!

6. Sophia @ Raven Waves February 9, 2011 at 8:47 am #

The casserole looks gooey and delicious!! Usually my green bean casserole don’t have any chicken, but that’s a great idea! My body craves 8 hours, but I usually get 7 or less 😦

7. Caree @ Fit-Mama February 9, 2011 at 10:20 am #

I totally need 8-9 hours a night but that doesn’t mean I get it. I am super cranky when I don’t (and when I don’t its bc of the kids). So caffiene is the only route to feel better!

8. thegrassskirt February 9, 2011 at 10:46 am #

I need at least 7-8 hrs of sleep a night…or you don’t want to know me in the morning! 🙂 I got the same mixer for my wedding last April after wanting it for nearly my whole life- and I have yet to use it! Cookies are always a good break-in food. 🙂

9. Katie February 9, 2011 at 10:51 am #

oh so sweet!!!!!! I really hope to have one of those one day! I put it on my registry!!!!

I wish I knew what yummy recipe to create with your new appliance but I dont : p

have a great day love! xoxo

10. Stacie@sugarandsneakers February 9, 2011 at 11:56 am #

What a beautiful mixer – I think it really wants to make a cake!

I am with you on the sleep thing! I need at least 7 hours to function in society.

11. Maryann February 9, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

How exciting!! I don’t know of any recipes but I know that the kitchenaid mixer is highly sought after by many 🙂 I definitely need 9 hours of sleep a night, unfortunately I only got six last night though, which is why I am at starbucks right now “studying”.

12. movesnmunchies February 9, 2011 at 2:03 pm #

AHH congrats on the new mixer!! that is legit!

13. Holley February 9, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

Yay for kitchen aid mixers! They are the best! I would probably have much stronger arms if it weren’t for my mixer 🙂

I HAVE to have 8 hours of sleep. Other wise I do not function (read: I’m a major crab). So I usually go to bed early like an old person.

14. CaSaundra February 12, 2011 at 7:29 am #

I still need to try your green bean casserole recipe–it sounds so good!
    And you’ll looooove your new mixer. Mine is the highlight of my kitchen! 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Homemade Black and Bleu Pizza & KitchenAid Pizza Crust « Balanced Healthy Life - February 12, 2011

[…] time was different though.  I used my new KitchenAid Mixer to make the crust and I kid you not, the dough was ready in less that 5 minutes (after I let the […]