Cleaning up the Google Reader

8 Mar

Today I decided to clean up my Google Reader.  Over the past year, my GR has gotten out of control!  Every time I would log in, I was overwhelmed with 500 new blog posts.  I didn’t know where to start so I never read from it.  I decided to clean it up after a lot of blogs I used to read daily didn’t interest me anymore and a lot of new blogs I currently read weren’t added into it yet.  So far, I have gotten rid of about 25-40 blogs and it feels so liberating!  It’s amazing how many blogs get added over the course of months!  I really wish I had the time to read all the blogs I love everyday (since there are so many fabulous blog writers out there), but it was time to do the deed.  Out with the old and in with the new!  I love signing in now and seeing all my blog friends posts instead of just random ones I didn’t care about!  If you are new to  my blog or have a blog of your own you would like me to check out, leave a comment with your blog’s web address!  I love finding new great blogs!

Any who on to other things….This weekend the Husband and I are going to Vegas with another couple!  I.  Can’t.  Wait.

I will miss this little bugger like crazy!

I can’t believe he used to be smaller than my purse!

But, he will be in good hands with our house sitter!

Today’s workout was shoulders and triceps.  I should mention that I can hardly sit since my hamstrings are so sore from yesterday’s workout, which I didn’t think was very hard while I was doing it.  Holy hamstrings!

Eats of the day

• Breakfast (7:00am)-  hot lemon water, 1/2 cup of coffee and an egg wrap

• Am Snack (11:00am)-  organic pink lady apple and a handful of walnuts and almonds
  • Lunch (1:00pm)-  Ezekiel pita with hummus

• PM Snack- (3:15pm)- flaxseed and chia seed drink with cranberry water
  • Dinner- tilapia and spicy broccoli

SAM_4398 SAM_4395

Dinner was nutrient rich and healthy!  A win win in my book!

Question:  Is anyone else going to be in Vegas this upcoming week?  Any recommendations on what to do or see while we are there?

And don’t forget to leave your blog URL so I can check it out!  : )

17 Responses to “Cleaning up the Google Reader”

1. livinlifeinlouie March 8, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

vegas! I have never been there, but have a blast!

2. Shanna, like Banana March 8, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

Oh Vegas — such good times to be had! There was actually really great music at The Rok, but it’s pretty clubby. Have fun!

3. Maryann (The Balanced Bean) March 8, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

So jealous! Vegas is always a blast 🙂

I hear ya- I actually have been trying to sort through my google reader as well…or else It can become pretty overwhelming!

4. Stefanie March 8, 2011 at 10:05 pm #

I totally hear you on the google reader–mine stresses me out!

Have so much fun in Vegas! I went there a few years ago and stayed at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay–it was a blast!! 🙂

5. movesnmunchies March 9, 2011 at 5:43 am #

i love cleaning blog subscriptions up!!!! not sure if youve seen mine or not but in case you havent!

6. jsutera654 March 9, 2011 at 7:37 am #

Oh man, my google reader gets out of control now and then too. But I try to regularly weed out ones I don’t read often and only focus on the ones that I’ve grown to love so much. It’s so hard though, I keep finding new ones to start following! Ack! 😉

7. Bess March 9, 2011 at 7:00 pm #

Have so much fun in Vegas! I am jealous…I’ve never been but want to SO BAD!

8. Karissa @ CardioFoodie March 10, 2011 at 9:38 am #

I need to clean out my GR too. Much like you I was just so overwhelmed that I never read anything.

9. Caree @ Fit-Mama March 11, 2011 at 8:56 am #

Have fun in vegas!! Super jealous, its been a good 8 years since I have been!! 🙂

10. Running Girl March 14, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

I LOVE Las Vegas! We go there often. I love the drinks (martinis/cosmopolitans) at Olives at the Bellagio. Great people watching at Mon Ami Gabi. And for dinners: SW or Bartalotto at the Wynn, Botero at the Encore. Yum!

I’m a very beginner run & just started blogging.

Hope your trip is fabulous!