Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed your Thursday! I’m so happy tomorrow is Friday! : )
Nothing much new to report from today. I worked, made lunch for the Husband and myself, walked the puppy, watched basketball, did laundry and dishes, and am now just chilling the rest of the night cheering on Butler to win against Wisconsin since I have them in my Fantasy March Madness Bracket. The H has Wisconsin so I will be happy if his team wins and mine loses! : )
Yesterday I posted an article about how to detox your home. I decided to take the advice yesterday afternoon and simmer some water with orange peel in it to make our house smell like citrus. We had some oranges that were going bad and needed to be used up quickly.
Bad idea. I totally forgot I turned on the stove and about an hour later the husband came back home and thought something was on fire. All the water had evaporated and the orange peel was burnt black! Today I tried it again and added in LOTS of water and also some vanilla. Both the Husband and I thought it is a great idea but not very cost effective since you need to be burning up gas the whole time. When I was little, my Mom used to put vanilla and cinnamon sticks on the stove to make the house smell good! I like to do that over the holidays. I did find out if you get the liquid hot enough and turn off the gas, it will still keep emitting the fragrance for a while until it cools.
Other exciting news….I hardly slept last night. The puppy would not stop whining all night. All Quincy wanted to do was sleep with us in bed, but we wouldn’t let him so he just whined from around 10pm until 4:30am when we FINALLY caved and let him up to sleep. I will admit, the Husband and I created this monster by letting him up on our bed and letting him sleep with us a few nights last weekend. You live you learn, right?
Okay, on to Eats:
- Breakfast- Peanut Butter Toast on Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread + 1/2 Banana and 1 cup of coffee
- Am Snack- Almonds, Walnuts and a Pink Lady Apple
- Lunch- Left Over Eggplant, Mushroom and Chicken Parmesan over Whole Wheat Pasta (YUM!)
- Snack- Vita Top
- Dinner- Calamari and 2 Glasses of Chardonnay (We went to the Firehouse and had a Wednesday Happy Hour- Cheers!) <—I didn’t take any pics because I was having too much fun, but here is a picture of it from another post I did when we ordered it from the same restaurant. The husband and I love it and split an order yesterday. Best ever!
- 1/2 Cup of Coffee + Blueberry, Peach and Spinach Smoothie with Vanilla Protein and Almond Milk <—Wasn’t the best, and I had to practically choke it down!
- AM Snack- Almonds and Walnuts + 1/2 Pink Lady Apple (it was a little soggy)
- Lunch- Turkey Burger + Sweet Potato Fries, YUM-O
You must try the Alexia Brand Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
Turkey burger with hormone free cheddar, ketchup, mustard all on an Alpine Valley Whole Wheat Bun
- Dinner- Fish Taco. I wasn’t really hungry so I had a very small fish taco with fish, cheese and hot sauce on a corn tortilla. The corn tortillas I found have only three ingredients in them: Stone Ground Corn, Water and Lime. How cool is that? Plus they taste GREAT!
I am stuffed and ready to get to bed. Tomorrow is going to be an early one.
Before I go, I’ll leave you with the Quincy Picture of the Day (I really need to bring this back)! BTW, our little puppy now weighs 35lbs.
“You caught me.”
“What do you want now?”
“Please Mom, I’ve been good. I’ll take either Peanut Butter or Cheese!”
Question: What is your favorite brand of tortilla? Do you like corn or flour?