Dog Birthday Party

28 Mar

Yesterday, Quincy was invited to a dog birthday party.  It was for a group of .  Scotties that I believe turned three.  We were excited to go and see how Quincy reacted to the other dogs and reacted around all the people.  I’m proud to say our little puppy did great.  He was a little timid and felt safe sitting in the shade watching the other dogs play.  He did find his favorite new hobby- digging.  He dug a HUGE hole in a matter of minutes.  He was filthy and covered in dirt.  I wish we would have waiting to give him his bath after the party.

Once we were home, Quincy slept from 4pm until 6:30am.  He was SO exhausted.  He did wake up long enough to eat his dinner.  Below are some of the pictures of the puppy at the Doggie birthday party.

I think there were 6 or 7 Scotties total.

Jack the Wesite

Mommy and Quincy

Digging

Quick Digging Video

Happy and ready to go home

SAM_4787 SAM_4788

5 minutes after this photo was taken we was out.  Zzzzzzz.

Despite a busy weekend, we squeezed in a quick lift yesterday morning.  We lifted shoulders and biceps.  Dinner was spicy pasta with lots and lots of spinach and added green bell peppers, onion and mushrooms.  It was delicious!  : )

Served over organic whole wheat pasta.  YUM!

My bowl- I actually took too much and the Husband had to finish mine!  We will probably finish this meal tonight for dinner since we have leftovers.

Question:  Have you even been to or thrown a dog birthday party?

20 Responses to “Dog Birthday Party”

1. Shanna, like Banana March 28, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

What an adorable idea! I think it’s something I should start doing for sure.

2. Jess March 28, 2011 at 12:41 pm #

Quincy looks so big and cute!

3. Maren March 28, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

He is so cute. And I can’t believe it was a doggy birthday party, so much fun.

4. marissa March 28, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

too cute 🙂 Yes, we used to throw our yellow lab b-day parties!! SO FUN!! Now that we have two kiddos, I feel terrible that we’ve neglected her b-day these past few years 😦

5. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) March 28, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

hehe all my dogs do is eat and sleep-they are both some of the laziest dogs in the world I swear.

6. Jenny March 28, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

I actually have thrown birthday parties for my doggy when he was alive 😀 We would buy a cake and everything! lol

7. Erika March 29, 2011 at 9:06 am #

Hi I read your comment above mine on Bess’s blog Bessbefit & I am glad I did since I’m trying to lower my sugar intake natural or not all around, so thanks for the tip on the fig bars!

I read a few of your posts, I never knew that home air freshners contained any carcinegans, SO scary the thought of that!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 29, 2011 at 11:54 am #

Thanks for stopping by! I try and stay away from all sugar unless it is natural from fruit. The human body does not do well with sugar, especially when it is processed fake sugar!

I just posted an awesome interview I did with Bess on being a soccer player! Def. check it out!

8. Erica March 29, 2011 at 2:12 pm #

oh my gosh! How fun is this?? We’ve never been to a doggy birthday party but have been to doggy get togethers. So fun to see all the dogs interacting. And how adorable is your baby? Love!

9. kbwood March 29, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

HOW FUN!!! That dog is so cute- makes me miss mine! I love that there are doggie birthday parties! Hope you are doing well sugar!

10. Stacie@sugarandsneakers March 29, 2011 at 4:31 pm #

I must say, I’ve never been to or had one, but hey any excuse for a party right?