Grilled Salmon and Asparagus

4 Apr

This weekend was filled with lots of good and healthy eats.

Here are my eats from yesterday (Sunday)

• Breakfast-  Egg, Cheese and Natural (no nitrates and uncured) Bacon Sandwich
  • AM Snack (post workout- Bicep and Shoulders)-  Lemon Larabar
  • Lunch-  Grilled Chicken Breast Salad

Spring Mix, Granny Smith Apple, Tomato, Red Onion, Walnuts, Chicken & Gorgonzola Cheese.  I used Annie’s Balsamic dressing

• PM Snack-  4 Peanuts
  • Dinner-  Salmon and Asparagus

Grilled Salmon

Recipe Adapted from All Recipes

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 Salmon
  • Sea Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/3 cup Water
  • 1/3 cup Light Soy Sauce
  • 1/4 Cup Olive Oil

Rinse the salmon and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.  Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the salmon.  In a bowl mix together, water, soy sauce, olive oil and brown sugar until the brown sugar is dissolved.  Place the seasoned salmon in a zip lock baggie and pour the marinade over it.  Refrigerate for at least two hours minimum.

Preheat the grill to medium heat.  Cook the salmon for 6-7 minutes per side or until the fish is flaky to touch.  Serve and enjoy!

Peel the skin off and serve

We paired out fish with fresh organic asparagus.  We seasoned with asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and the following sea salt, pepper, minced garlic and vegetables seasoning.  We used a grill pan to cook the asparagus until it was tender but still had a bite.  It was delicious!

A delicious, balanced and healthy meal!  : )  Keith and I both agreed, this was the best salmon we have ever had.  It was even better than my Vegas salmon!

Question:  What is your favorite way to eat salmon?

20 Responses to “Grilled Salmon and Asparagus”

1. Tara April 4, 2011 at 10:36 am #

Both meals look delicious!! I think I might have to make salmon and asparagus for dinner!!

2. Stefanie @TheNewHealthy April 4, 2011 at 10:36 am #

I don’t eat salmon, but asparagus is one of my favorite veggies! 🙂

3. marissa April 4, 2011 at 11:34 am #

that looks so yummy! we like ours baked in the oven, topped with chopped garlic and 2tbs zesty italian dressing! So good 🙂 Might have to try yours too! I love grilled asparagus!

4. Jenny April 4, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

Wow what a great dinner! I can’t remember the last time I had Gorgonzola Cheese, this post is making me run out to buy some. Asparagus is definitely one of my favorite veggies. I can never get enough 😀

5. Erika April 4, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

Thanks for sharing this recipe it sounds great! I’m going to try it asap!

6. Tina @ Faith Fitness Fun April 4, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

Favorite way to eat salmon would have to be in sushi form. 😉

And I love the look of that salad. Blue cheese, nuts, and fruit is my favorite combo for a salad.

7. allieksmith April 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm #

Mmm, you had some yummie eats!!! LOVE salmon 🙂

8. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) April 4, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

I saw the title of this blog and had to view it. Asparagus and salmon are my two favorite foods ever!

9. Running Girl April 5, 2011 at 9:19 am #

We usually barbecue our salmon on cedar planks (after marinating). YUM! We’re having salmon & asparagus this week as well.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 5, 2011 at 10:22 am #

I could already eat it again! I’ve only had salmon on cedar planks a few times and loved it! I love the falvor the fish gets from the cedar board!

10. CaSaundra April 10, 2011 at 6:14 am #

I’d have to say that salmon is probably my favorite fish!