Yesterday, Keith and I worked our legs in the wee hours of the morning. By the end of our ses, I could barely pick my leg up enough to walk. Today, I am SO SORE! Usually my hamstrings or quads are the sorest, but today, it is my glutes! It hurts to sit, stand and walk. Do you want sore glutes? Check out the workout below and adjust the weights accordingly!
Leg Workout- Heavy Weight, 5 Sets and 10 Reps (if you can make it) : )
- Squats on Smith
- Walking Lunge (at least 10-12 per leg each set) <— These are killers, at one point, my knee fell to the ground and I couldn’t get back up!
- Hamstring Ball Curl
- Hip AB and Hip ADD <—I normally don’t do these, I prefer hip circles, but Keith wanted to do the inner thigh machine we we just did both
- Leg Extension
*Make sure you do each exercise with proper form and take each rep nice and slowly, let the burn takeover!
It probably didn’t help that I was already sore from my intervals the day before.
Okay, now on to the eats from-
- Breakfast- Tortilla with Egg, Cheese and Salsa with 1/2 cup coffee
- AM Snack- Giant Apple with Almonds
- Lunch- 3 Dried Figs, Chobani Yogurt and Whey Protein Shake
- PM Snack- Flaxseed, Chia Seed & Cinnamon mixed with Cranberry (pure) and Water
- Dinner- Tilapia Fish Taco with Chopped Tomato, Cheese and a Squeeze of Lime. I also ate 1/2 of a Chicken Sausage. Not the best meal, but it was healthy and that’s all I care about!
- Breakfast- Tortilla with Egg, Cheese and Salsa with 1/2 cup of coffee
- Am Snack- Giant Apple with Almonds
- Lunch- 5 Dried Figs, Chobani Yogurt and Whey Protein Shake mixed with H20
- PM Snack- Shelled Peanuts and a Flaxseed, Chia Seed, Cinnamon Cran-water concoction.
- Dinner was Stuffed Peppers (green bell peppers) with Ground Turkey, Chopped Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Onion, Chopped Tomato and Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese. I got full fast and was only able to eat 3/4 of my pepper. Luckily Keith was willing to help out!
I think it weighed 2lbs! It was dense little guy!
- Breakfast- 1 Slice Toast with Peanut Butter and Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread, 1/2 Banana and 1/2 cup of Coffee
- AM Snack- Large Apple
- Lunch- 1/2 Ruben from The Raven Cafe with a few Sweet Potato Fries
- PM Snack- Once again, Flaxseed, Chia Seed and Cinnamon mixed with Cranberry juice and Water
- Dinner- Leftover Turkey Mix Taco with Cheese and Salsa
I tried unrolling it to take a picture of the inside, but it didn’t look pretty with the salsa all squished, so I have this pic of my dinner!
I love stuffed peppers because they are so easy and quick to make. With both Keith and I working together in the kitchen, we can whip us these bad boys in 15 minutes! Not only are these quick, they are super healthy and PACKED with nutrients! I like to sneak as many vegetables as I can into these bad boys!
- 2 Green Bell Peppers Cored (or your favorite color- we used green since we had 2 on hand)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 2 Tomatoes Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1.5 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- Seasoning is your preference. We use sea salt, pepper, garlic, crushed hot peppers
- Pickled Jalapeños
In a skillet on medium heat cook turkey until it is done. In the same skillet or in a different one, sauté the red bell pepper, green bell pepper tops chopped, 1/2 the tomatoes and the yellow onion until the vegetables are softened. While the turkey and vegetables are cooking, place the two green bell peppers in a microwaveable bowl with an inch of water on the bottom. Cook for 5 minutes or until the peppers are softened. In a sauce pan, heat up the black beans to desired heat. Once the green bell peppers are softened, fill them with black beans, turkey and vegetable mixture and top with shredded cheese. Once they are assembled, stick them under the broiler on high until the cheese is melted and bubbly! Serve immediately and enjoy!
Bon Appétit! Keith’s Dinner!
Since I haven’t done the Cute Quincy Pic of the Day in FOREVER, I’ll leave you with these!
My little Boo Boo!
Trying to look cute so I will drop him some cheese I was shredding!
That’s it for now! I have a early and busy day tomorrow training, working out and then…..relaxing…..because it is FRIDAY!!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!! I can’t wait to have a well deserved glass of wine! : )
Question: Do you ever get yourself super sore? What is your favorite muscle to get sore? I like getting my booty sore and also my triceps and my abs too!