Weekend Warrior!

11 Apr

Hey there!  How was your weekend?  Hopefully it was filled with healthy eats and fun workouts!  I didn’t get a chance to post but I’m back with a week of fun posts for you all!  I did have a few hours on Saturday free, but instead of posting, I watched Black Swan…..have you seen it?  I thought it was an awesome movie, but a bit bazaar in a few of the scenes!  Now I know why Natalie Portman won the Oscar this year, she definitely deserved it for her brilliant performance!  Okay lets get straight to my weekend workouts!

• Friday-  Tricpes and Back Strength in the AM and Intervals in the PM
  • Saturday-  3 Mile Walk/Run in the frigid temps of AZ (only 30 degrees) and in the snow!  I did learn on my walk/run that running or walking in the snow is just like running or walking on the sand, it really gives the butt a good burn!
  • Sunday-  Biceps and Shoulders Strength

My biceps are already killing me!

My eats of the weekend were quite odd, I normally, some would say religiously eat 6 small meals a day.  Well, this weekend I wasn’t hungry for my afternoon snack or dinner.  I can’t remember everything I ate, so I will just point out the fun non-typically eats of the weekend.

Friday-  Calamari Tacos (Lent)

Saturday-   1 1/2 Chicken Fajitas (Late Lunch) and  Margarita!

We went to a restaurant called El Charro.  It was good, but the fajitas were a little overpriced for what we got.

Sunday-  Homemade Pizza with fresh mushrooms, red bell pepper, red onion, red sauce & natural uncured nitrate free pepperoni.

We used the recipe for crusty pizza crust I have posted here.

SAM_4912 SAM_4913

SAM_4922 SAM_4915

SAM_4926  SAM_4925

SAM_4931 SAM_4932 SAM_4933 SAM_4934 SAM_4935

Best homemade pizza ever!

Don’t worry, there was plenty of protein shakes and vegetables added into my eats over the weekend so I was still staying balanced with my eating.  Tonight for dinner we are having salmon and asparagus, my new favorite meal!

On Saturday, it snowed a few inches and blanketed the streets and trees!

On the agenda for tonight is grilling dinner then getting to bed early.  We just got back from a walk with the puppy and both Keith and I are exhausted!  I need my beauty sleep for a rocking early morning cardio sweat session!

Question:  Are you working out tomorrow?  What will your workout look like?

12 Responses to “Weekend Warrior!”

1. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) April 11, 2011 at 6:12 pm #

My workout is a brick of 1 hour Arctrainer and 7 mile run. Ick heavy day for me tomorrow.

That snow picture is beautiful but I know the feeling of just wanting warmth. All our snow finally melted this week thank goodness.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 16, 2011 at 7:23 am #

You are insane with your workouts! You motivate me to do more cardio even though I got sick of it a few months ago!!!

2. *Andrea* April 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm #

i am Definitely working out tomorrow! i couldn’t today because my car broke down : ( and it took 2 hr to get home with triple A, etc. etc. i am planning to do a quick run and then the bike to catch up on some reading.

this pizza looks delicious!!! and mexican is my favorite

3. Sophia @ Raven Waves April 11, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

Definitely working out tomorrow! Gained several pounds from my vacation haha! Not sure what I’ll be doing yet though!

4. Tara @ Dashing in Pearls April 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm #

That pizza looks delicious! Homemade pizza is my boyfriend and my favorite thing to make together.

Not working out tomorrow b/c I’m recovering from my first half marathon.

5. marissa April 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm #

Def working out tomorrow 🙂 pizza looked yummy! I want a recipe for calamari tacos? that sounds so good!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 16, 2011 at 7:25 am #

They are amazing, I had them last night for dinner too! We get them at a restaurant and I’ll have to ask for the recipe the next time I’m there!

6. Running Girl April 12, 2011 at 7:10 am #

I need to workout tonight, but I have a full day of crazy. So, that means I’ll need to do an evening run after the kids are in bed. Not my favorite, but something to keep me going.

I had the same thoughts about Black Swan. 🙂