Salmon is My Fish of the Month

12 Apr

I’m loving salmon.  Everything about it.  It’s coral color, it’s high count of healthy fats, the way it makes me skin glow and hair shine!  It’s salmon month in our home and I LOVE IT!

Eats from yesterday:

Breakfast-  Peanut Butter Toast on Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread, 1/2 Banana and 1/2 cup of Coffee

I can’t remember the rest, so not like me.  I think I had a protein shake for lunch and an Ezekiel tortilla for a PM snack?

Dinner-  Salmon and Asparagus!  YUM YUM YUM!!!

I used this salmon marinade recipe that I posted last week!

I’m going to keep this post short because I have exactly seven minutes before the new Jamie Oliver Food Revolution comes on!  I LOVE this show!  I told Keith I was going to blog when he saw that the new show is on!  Yay for surprise premiers of your favorite shows!

Now onto the Cute Quincy Pictures of the Day!

My Favorite Pic of the Day!  My Little Heartbreaker!  haha  : )

Question:  Have you ever watched any of Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution before?  Keith and I were huge fans of the show so I can’t wait for this one to begin!

14 Responses to “Salmon is My Fish of the Month”

1. Tara @ Dashing in Pearls April 12, 2011 at 8:57 pm #

I love Jamie Oliver and how HONEST and REAL he is!

I’m making salmon and asparagus tomorrow for dinner thanks to you. That looks SO delicious!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life April 16, 2011 at 7:21 am #

Me too and how he opens peoples eyes to eating healthy!!! I’m happy I inspired you to have salmon and asparagus for dinner! : )

2. allieksmith April 13, 2011 at 4:09 am #

I LOVE the picture of your little heart breaker 🙂 SO adorable!
    Salmon is so delicious 🙂

3. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) April 13, 2011 at 5:04 am #

I’m addicted to salmon and it will be my fish of lifetime choice for ever ha.

4. Running Girl April 13, 2011 at 8:55 am #

That salmon looks fabulous! I’ve only seen Jamie Oliver when he was on Biggest Loser – maybe I should check out his show.

5. kelly @ D2BD and Cocktails & Cardio April 13, 2011 at 10:00 am #

I’m so happy for shows like Jamie Oliver’s coming out – I think the truth about the food we eat will set a lot of people free from the chains of bad food and bad eating habits. At least I hope it will.

I am still trying to acquire a taste for salmon, it’s currently my least favorite of the fish we have often but I know as with many other foods if I eat it enough and find the right balance of spices I can learn to love it.

6. Shanna, like Banana April 13, 2011 at 10:18 am #

Hon, gotta tell ya, I hate fish, so I’m not on board here 😉

BUT Quincy is as cute as ever – love the brown fur on his back leg.

7. marissa April 14, 2011 at 6:16 am #

we love salmon too! We marinate in italian dressing and bake with chopped garlic on top! SOOO yummy, easy and delicious but I’ll be trying your recipes too 🙂 Thanks for sharing and your puppy is PRECIOUS!!!!