Happy Hump Day!
This past weekend I renamed operation self improvement day! After weeks of running around like a chicken with my head cut off, it’s time to take time and devote it to improving my outer image and piece of mind. Let me explain more…..
- Workouts- I haven’t had an excellent track record the past few weeks, so on Saturday I kicked off my work outs again
- Nails- Both my hands and feet are in dire need of repair and I can’t wait until they are freshly manicured and painted
- Pale skin- I’m a BIG fan on sunscreen but with Arizona being cold and cloudy and sitting inside, my skin feels like it needs some vitamin D badly, I feel like I look almost see through, so I need to get a little tan that will most likely come from a bottle, although I’m planning on laying out this weekend if the weather permits! : )
But, I don’t want to be as tan as Pauly D either
- Fruits and Vegetables- Although we have been eating healthy, I just feel bloated and am craving fruits and vegetables. Also, I’ve been craving fish like crazy lately!
- Purse Problems, I love my purse. I wear it like it’s an extension of my arm, but lately it is so filled and cluttered with all sorts of junk. I’m sick of never being able to find anything. I need to clean it out and re organize it. It’s embarrassing when you go to pay for something and can’t find your wallet…
- Bright White Teeth- I love bleaching my teeth and keeping them uber white (almost bordering on obsessed) so I’m going to give them a good bleach sometime this week! : )
- Wear New Cute Clothes- A few weeks ago, I went on a shopping spree and bought a bunch of new things for springs, unfortunately I haven’t been able to wear much of it yet so I’ve been making an attempt to dress up more for work (I can only go so far as I work in a gym and train clients). I really like wearing my new cute duds to Real Estate Class!
- Practice Yoga 3 Days a Week- With all the other things going on in my life, I’ve put yoga on the back burner. I always feel so great when I do it so I’m planning on practicing on Tuesdays, Thursdays and either Saturday or Sunday to get in my three sessions a week!
Maybe if I practice I will be able to do this move in the future! : )
- Meditation– I have been slacking and need to pick up this habit again. I’m going to start with just ten minutes of gratitude meditation every single day, no exceptions (Click the link to learn more about meditation)
I think that is everything I need to get done to feel back in tip top control of my outer appearance! I also need a hair cut and dye job to cover up my roots, but that will come next week!
Here are my workouts from this week so far:
Saturday- 5 mile run with Keith and the Puppy
Monday- 20 Minutes Intervals and Pecs
- Time: 50:05
- Calories: 436
- 30% Fat Burned
- Max Heart Rate: 216 113% <—I think this is wrong
- Average Heart Rate: 160 83%
Wednesday- 20 Minutes Arc Trainer and Legs
- Time: 45:22
- Calories: 352
- 35% Fat Burned
- Max Heart Rate: 182 95%
- Average Heart Rate: 150 78%
We have softball tonight so I’ll get some bonus exercise tonight as well!
- (5/24) Dinner- Mahi Mahi Fish Taco with Spring Mix, Salsa and Shredded Cheese
- (5/25) Breakfast- 1 Slice Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread with 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter and 1/2 cup of Coffee
- AM Snack- Handful of Raw Almonds
- Lunch- Chocolate Whey Protein Shake mixed with Water
- PM Snack- Flaxseed, Chia Seeds & Cinnamon mixed with Cranberry Water
I read the following in Women’s Health Magazine this morning and thought I’d pass the information along. I’m a big fan of both strength training and cardio, but I come across many people and clients who only want to do cardio and not strength because they want to lose weight and not bulk up. Well, here is a fun little article to peak your strength training interest!
From Women’s Healthy June 2011 Page 28
Cardio VS Weights
The Winner: Weights
While cardio burns slightly more calories than lifting weights, pumping iron will blast more fat overall, says exercise physiologist Cassandra Forsythe, PH.D., R.D. “For every pound of muscle you gain, your body burns an extra 35 calories a day at rest,” she says. Plus, research show that women who strength train fry more fat postwork than those who do just cardio. After you hit the weights, your muscles expand more energy as they rebuild themselves.
Question: Are you a weights fanatic or a cardio freak?