Happy Friday!!!

3 Jun

I am so happy it is almost the weekend!  I only train for two hours this morning and then freedom is almost mine!  : )

On the agenda for today is work, workout, Barnes and Noble and Costco and then just relaxing and doing nothing the rest of the night!

Yesterday, Keith and I skipped out workout as we had Real Estate homework to get done.  Since Friday (today) was our rest day, we just swapped the days around!  Today, will be the 20 minutes cardio followed by biceps and shoulders.

On another note, while I was driving yesterday I thought I saw a HUGE road kill snake.  As I got closer to it, I realized it was alive and just slithering across the road.  For those of you who have read my blog for a while, you know I HATE snakes!  I really wanted to run it over and kill it but instead went against everything my body was telling me and swerved to avoid hitting it!  My heart rate was sky high for a few minutes afterwards, but eventually I recovered!  I thought it would be good karma to let the thing live!  But it seriously was about 4-5 feet long.  Yuck!  I don’t think I’ll ever get used to all the snakes in AZ!

Eats from yesterday were a little heavy so this weekend I will be eating lighter to make up for yesterday!

• Breakfast-  Were still out of PB (we are getting more tonight, yay), so I was an Ezekiel Tortilla, Eggs, Cheese and Salsa

• AM Snack-  Banana and Almonds
  • Lunch-  Turkey Burger and a few BBQ Chips

• Dinner-  Grass Fed Beef Taco with Romaine, Tomato, Red Onion, Salsa and Cheese

I usually eat a small lunch and then have a decent dinner or vise versa, but yesterday I ate both a big meal for lunch and dinner!  We have leftover tacos for dinner so I think I’ll keep my lunch small.

Speaking of a small lunch, I got new protein powder to try out-  Jay Robb.  I’m planning on having it today and seeing if I like it.  It has no MSG, Aspartame, Acesulfame-K, Sucralose, Artificial Flavors, Artificial Sweeteners and no Artificial Colors.  I bought a small packet of the chocolate flavor.

Here is a pic of it.  It’s in a plastic bag, because I found Quincy on his puppy bed chewing on it.  I have no idea how he got it!

Not the best pic, I know!

Questions:  What are you weekend plans?

Have you tried Jay Robb protein before?  What type do you use if any?

13 Responses to “Happy Friday!!!”

1. allieksmith June 3, 2011 at 6:55 am #

Happy Friday! I have never tried that protein before, I’m interested to know what ya think of it!
    My plans for the weekend include a race and strawberry festival 🙂

2. Sarah June 3, 2011 at 7:04 am #

I haven’t tried that kind but I love Muscle Nog. It is an egg protein too and I love it! So good!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life June 4, 2011 at 6:49 am #

This was my first egg protein and I thought it was okay. I think I’m going to stick with the whey but buy the Jay Robb brand. I didn’t like that the egg white protein and 2 grams of sugar alcohol in it!

3. Shanna, like Banana June 3, 2011 at 7:54 am #

Glad you didn’t run over the snake, even though I think they’re icky too.

My weekend plans include shopping tonight and tomorrow..woohoo! And also some good workouts of course.

4. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) June 3, 2011 at 11:23 am #

I use optimum nutrition in cake batter. Oh my god-it really does taste like cake.

I don’t know too many other people that add salsa to their eggs. I’m super pumped right now. Lets go make our own colony of egg and salsa eaters because everyone judges me here.

5. Maren June 4, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

That taco looked awesome, and your better than me. I’d have killed the snake for sure!

6. marissa June 6, 2011 at 7:37 am #

curious to hear how the protein is??! Never heard of it, but like what’s in it or should I say, NOT IN IT?!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life June 10, 2011 at 7:16 am #

I didn’t really like the protein. I’m thinking about trying the whey protein from his line, but haven’t yet. I guess I’m not a fan of egg white protein?

7. cardiopizza June 9, 2011 at 6:30 am #

I’ve tried Jay Robb…I thought it was just OK…a bit bland for my taste.

Hope you had a nice weekend!