Hey guys! I hope you are all having a fantastic week! It’s almost Friday! Yay!
Here are some pictures of my eats over the past week. Under the pictures, you will find my eats from yesterday along with my workout.
Small Chicken Caesar Salad
Along Side a Pasta Creation. This is the serving bowl, not my portion!
Turkey Burger Wrapped in Romaine with Grilled Corn on the Cob
And my Eats from Yesterday:
- Breakfast: Low Sodium Ezekiel Bread with Peanut Butter, a Banana and Coffee
- Am Snack- Apple with Almond Butter
- Lunch- Ezekiel Pita with Melted Cabot Cheese and Salsa
- Dinner- Chicken Breast with Corn on the Cob and Garlic Green Beans
I ❤ Summer Veg!
I grilled everything inside, so easy!
I used Olive Oil, Sea Salt and Pepper on the Corn and Garlic, Olive Oil and Pepper on the Beans! Yum! Dinner is served!
Yesterday’s Workout was 20 Minutes of Cardio on the Treadmill and Legs
Here is my Leg workout that I did and it made me very sore by the evening!
- Smith Machine Squats- 5 sets, 10-15 Reps <—Make sure you are getting down as low as you can go. These are great for lifting and or keeping your glutes tight and high!
- One Leg Deadlifts- 3 Sets, 15 Reps
- Walking Lunges- 4 Sets, 10-12 Reps
- Hamstring Ball Curls with Holds at the End- 3 Sets, 15-20 Reps
- Leg Extension- 3 Sets, 10 Reps
- Calf Raises on Smith- 3 Sets until Failure
Here are the workout Stats:
- Time: 1:00
- Calories: 466 40% Fat
- Max Heart Rate: 186bpm 97% max
- Average Heart Rate: 150bpm 78% max
*Yesterday we were running late so we only had time to do 3 sets of some of the exercises. We usually vary between 4-5 sets and lift heavy weights and stick with 10 reps. Yesterday, for the first time in a while, I eased up on the leg weights and just did more reps to trick my body into thinking it was performing some new things!
*If you want to burn more calories, you can do plyos and cardio bursts during your rest periods such as, mountain climbers, butt kicks (my fav), high knee kicks, mountain climbers, burpees, jumping jacks. I do this to some extent on most days, but recently haven’t been doing as much. Yesterday I didn’t incorporate any.
*I like working my hips during leg day as well, but we didn’t have enough time. If you have time, I would suggest doing hip circles, 10-15 each direction of each leg. They will be burning by the time you are done and you will have nice limber hips and a nice tight tush! : )
I hope you all have a great Thursday!!!
See you later! : )