Bump Pics and Wednesday Recap

11 Aug

You guys probably noticed I posted all of my pregnancy journals this morning.  I hope you enjoy them, I decided to write them so I can look back on them at later dates and remember every little detail of my first pregnancy!

I wont be turning my whole blog into a pregnancy blog, but since pregnancy is a huge part of my life, I will definitely be posting on it while still keeping my blog about living a balanced healthy life through diet, exercise and lifestyle choices.

Here are my bump pictures so far.  I really need to take more as my stomach is changing by the day.  So far I’ve gained about a pound, but it seems like I’ve gained so much more in my stomach.

4 Weeks Pregnant- this stomach is of distant memory!  I wish I still had my trainer abs!  Also, please excuse my dirty bathroom mirror!  : )

This next pics is during my 9th week.  Very bloated.

Here is 13 Weeks Pregnant.  I think a little less bloat and more bump!

So, as you can see I’m growing by the week.  I can’t wait until I have the full on baby bump!  : )

Now onto workouts and eats:

My workout this morning was 45 minutes on the treadmill.  I did walking, incline walking and running.

Eats from yesterday are as follows:

• Breakfast-  Egg and Cheese Sandwich on Ezekiel English Muffin
  • Am Snack-  Almonds, Walnuts and Apple Pie Larabar
  • Lunch-  Tomato Soup and  Grilled Cheese Bagel Thin
  • PM Snack-  Chobani Yogurt
  • Dinner-  Eggplant, Mushroom and Chicken Parmesan

It looks cheesy but it’s actually not.  The only cheese in this recipe is on the top!

Yesterday when I got home from work, I raced to the mail box to see if my prenatal yoga DVD came.  It did!  I was so excited I ran inside, grabbed my yoga mat and gave it a go.  I did the 30 minute practice and really enjoyed it.  The session really focused on stretching out the hips and we did a lot of downward dogs for stretching out the hamstrings.  So far so good and I can’t wait to try out the three other three practices as well.

I’ve gotta run and go get ready for work, but I’ll be back tomorrow with a health product review!

Have a fantastic day!!!  : )

21 Responses to “Bump Pics and Wednesday Recap”

1. Shanna, like Banana August 11, 2011 at 7:48 am #

Oh I’m so envious of you long torsoed girls! My waistline is very short so even when I’m not pregnant, I don’t have that long lean look. You are progressing perfectly it looks and still tiny tiny!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 11, 2011 at 10:30 am #

It might look tiny, but my bump feels huge, especially like you mentioned on your blog at night! It seriously grows ten times during the day. I think I am just ultra aware of it though!

2. Lisa@HealthyDiaries August 11, 2011 at 8:24 am #

Congrats on the great news! That’s so exciting! My husband & I plan on trying for our first baby soon! I can’t wait to follow you throughout this exciting period in your life!

3. Jess August 11, 2011 at 8:49 am #

I loved reading the journals. You look great!

4. healthyappletite August 11, 2011 at 9:13 am #

aww so cute! 🙂 you were teeny tiny before!!

5. allieksmith August 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

Aww your baby bump is so cute! Congrats again! I LOVED reading all of your posts 🙂

6. Jenny August 11, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

What an adorable baby bump, you are one hot pregnant woman! 😀

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 11, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

Thanks! It keeps growing by the minute! I can’t wait until its bigger so people don’t have to wonder if I am pregnant or not when they see me!

7. Jamie @ Food in Real Life August 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

Ahhh I didn’t know you we’re pregnant too!! How awesome! Congrats! You’re bump is so cute!

8. Heather Eats Almond Butter August 11, 2011 at 5:35 pm #

Hi gorgeous mama-to-be,
    Your baby bump will be here before you know it, and it’s such an amazing thing. I miss that belly and feeling those kicks. Honestly, I have never felt as comfortable in my own body as I did when I was pregnant. Also, yoga helped me so much – I totally credit it for my fast and relatively easy delivery. All those hip openers and squats will work wonders. Can’t wait to read your birth story. 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 11, 2011 at 5:54 pm #

I can’t wait to feel the kicks!!! I really don’t want any drugs what-so-ever during labor and have been reading lots about yoga really helping the whole birthing process. I am totally open to doing as much yoga as I can if that means a healthy, easy and quick birth! Plus my hips are already ultra tight and all the hip openers are probably going to work wonders on them! 🙂

9. tinafaithfitnessfun August 12, 2011 at 5:36 am #

You still look so super fit and tiny in my eyes. 🙂

And CONGRATS!!!!

10. Laury @thefitnessdish August 12, 2011 at 7:19 pm #

You are SO tiny! You’re like me though…when I was early I was all “here’s my bump, guys” now looking back I laugh because early in my pregnancy there was really like nothing there haha. You still are so lean!!! I couldn’t WAIT to start really showing too. Wait til you start showing a little…you will prob do the same hyperextending low back thing I did because I was obsessed with people knowing I was pregnant hehehe….love it!!! Nothing like when you start feeling the fluttering too…like butterflys or popcorn popping. Started for me around 17 weeks!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 13, 2011 at 8:19 am #

I’ve been waiting to feel the baby start to move. I thought I felt the baby move once during my 10th week, it only lasted a few seconds and it felt like someone was tickling my stomach from the inseide. I haven’t felt anything like it since. Sometimes I think I feel something but then just think it was from food digesting! : ) I will love when I’m really showing so people don’t need to quess if I’m just packing on a few pounds or if I’m pregnant! : )

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. First Wedding Anniversary « Balanced Healthy Life - August 26, 2011

[…] last night, I decided to do the 45 minute prenatal yoga DVD I purchased a few weeks back.  OMG…it totally kicked my butt.  I had showered just […]