Weekend and Workout Recap

23 Aug

Hey guys!  Happy happy Tuesday morning to you all!  : )

My weekend started off good.   On Saturday I got so much done.  I’m almost done cleaning out the baby’s room closet.  Let me tell you that thing was stuffed with random things.  I took my forever!  Sunday morning, I woke up feeling fine and then about an hour after I woke up, I was in bed trying to fend off a bad headache before our Sunday gym session.  My headache kept getting worse and worse so I opted to stay put in bed and run to the grocery store instead.  I probably spent 90% of Sunday in bed and 10% of the day actually getting things done around the house.

I was hoping to go to bed on Sunday and wake up feeling refreshed for a busy Monday morning starting with a 9:15am prenatal appointment.  That didn’t happen.  I was up all night.  Lets just say my face and toilet got reacquainted.  My headache had turned into a full blown migraine.  : (

By Monday morning, I couldn’t even keep water down which was scary because I wanted to make sure the baby wasn’t getting dehydrated.  At my doctors appointment the doctor didn’t seem worried at all and gave me some suggestions and prescriptions to take.  I don’t take prescriptions unless absolutely necessary so I’m going the more holistic approach on dealing with these headaches.  On a positive note, we heard the baby’s heartbeat.  It was so cute!  I love hearing his/her fast little heartbeat.  It literally melts my heart!  We also booked our gender scan, our next appointment, for three weeks!  Yay!  Keith still knows its 100% a boy, and I have no clue what my guess is, but I might be leaning towards a girl!

After our appointment Keith and I knew I wasn’t going to be going to work, so I basically slept the day away for a second day in a row.  But on the upside, I’m feeling really good today.  A little tired, but I’m SO happy my migraine is gone.

Keith and I were talking last night and decided I’ve not had an easy pregnancy so far.  Once the morning sickness was gone, I fell into pregnancy headaches.  So. Not. Fun.  But totally worth it for the baby at the end!  : )

I was only able to get in four Workouts this past week and here are my stats:

Tuesday 8/16- Cardio

• Average Heart Rate:  134bpm  70% max

Thursday 8/18- Cardio

• Time:  52:24 Minutes
  • Calories:  417  50% fat
  • Max Heart Rate:  182bpm  95% max
  • Average Heart Rate:  153bpm  80% max

Saturday 8/20- Strength (We started working out and then had to go shortly after to take care of something, so this is from 1/2 of my workout.  I didn’t record my second half once I got home)

• Time:  24:17 Minutes
  • Calories:  154 50% fat
  • Max Heart Rate:  168bpm  88% max
  • Average Heart Rate:  133bpm  69% max

Eats in pictures:

Grapefruit and Breakfast Sandwiches

Made this for the husband- Chicken Green Bean Casserole

Salad-  I’ve been craving them.  In the mix, romaine, red onion, cucumber and tomato.  I also added dried cranberries and pasteurized feta to mine!

More salad- this time with added red bell pepper.

My monster salad topped with Huckleberry dressing.  I need to order more of this.  It is my favorite right now and almost gone!

Saturday night treat during the Vikings game.  One of my favorite splurges!  Baked Alexia Mozzarella Sticks.  The baby needs calcium right?

We decided to take off both Monday and Tuesday this week from the gym and use them as our rest days so my head could recover.  We plan on getting our five weekly workouts in starting tomorrow thru Sunday.  I also need to do some yoga to stretch out my body after basically napping all day Sunday and Monday.  My hips really need to be stretch out!

That’s it for now!  I’ll be back later with another weekly pregnancy update.  I can’t believe it’s already that time again to post another update!  Where are the weeks going?

Question:

• What is your favorite food to splurge on?
  • What was your favorite part of your weekend?
  • Any suggestions for new fast paced workout songs?

16 Responses to “Weekend and Workout Recap”

1. Heather August 23, 2011 at 7:59 am #

Mmm frozen yogurt is my favorite splurge! Is it bad that I kill a half gallon in four servings?! Yikes 😦 Have you heard anything about not getting your heart rate uP over 150 when you’re pregnant? I actually had hr readings similar to yours and my 11 month baby is perfectly fine. Hyper but perfect!! Not sure if their is truth to that. Just hydrate WAY MORE than u think u need!!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 23, 2011 at 11:06 am #

My doctor told me to keep my heart rtate around 160bpm on average which I normally do, if not lower. Sometimes during my running burst my heart rate will shoot up for 5 seconds before I slow it down to a walk. This is completely fine. The doctor also told me to listen to my body and never get too out of breath where I can’t hold a conversation. I watch my heart rate like a hawk on cardio days since it raises so easily now. I also drink plenty of water. Some doctors even want women to keep their heart rates below 140bpm, but after doing some research I think that is just an old way of thinking, I can’t find anything negative about getting your heart rate a little higher if you are used to working out hard. Most baby books now wont even give hr recs but just say listen to your body and make sure you don’t push yourself too hard. So I’m going with them!

• Heather August 23, 2011 at 1:06 pm #

Oh no, I hope you didn’t think I was thinking anything negative, I was just wondering what the deal was with that because when I was working out while pregnant I was told to keep it low too. I just wanted to know your thoughts. Please don’t think I was questioning you in the least, I was really just curious!! By the way, I tried your at home workout and it kicked my butt!! Can’t wait for more 😉

2. Maren August 23, 2011 at 8:56 am #

Oh my gosh that sounds awful, but you are so positive! I had migraines growing up until I finally learned how to manage them in high school. They are the worst. I hope you start feeling better soon!

3. Kerryne August 23, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

As if being pregnant isn’t hard enough right? I had TERRIBLE migraines with my first child too. I hope that they ease up for you. Its awful feeling so miserable and at the same time being so concerned for this little being growing inside of you, so much to worry about! Take care of yourself and listen to your body! 🙂

4. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather August 23, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

I have been craving salads lately too. Must be the heat. And 4 workouts is awesome, especially with the headaches!

5. Jamie @ Food in Real Life August 23, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

Your eats look good! I”m really into grapefruit right now too. Are you going to find out the gender of your baby? I forgot if you told me that already. Also, I don’t really track my heartrate when I’m working out- I just go with how I feel.

Oh and I love to splurge on pizza and ice cream 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 23, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

Yes we are! Only 18 days to go! I can’t wait, I was so excited to book my ultrasound I was so giddy! We actually just booked everything yesterday! Are you finding out the gender?

6. Allie August 23, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

I am so sorry aboutthe migraine but so happy you are beginning to feel better 🙂

My favorite thing to splurge on is any type of bread or ice cream or muffins or coffee drinks!!

7. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) August 24, 2011 at 9:49 am #

I get migraines too. They are terrible. I normally take caffeine pills when they start to come though and that kills them. I had one, once where I had to go to the hospital and get a spinal tap. Blah. My mom ate a lot of grapefruit when she had was pregnant with me too.