Week 15 Pregnancy Update- Navel Orange

24 Aug

How Big is Baby?

According to TheBump.com, Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby’s legs now out measure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can’t feel the movements.

And, according to BabyCenter.com, Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She’s busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she’s likely to move away from the beam. There’s not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby’s a boy or a girl! (Don’t be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby’s sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby’s position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to “hide the goods.”)

How I’m Feeling Physically

Week 15 started off good, but quickly turned horrid near the end.  I woke up on Sunday feeling fine until about an hour later when a slight headache crept in.  Needless to say, I spent all of Sunday in bed as the headache kept progressively getting worse.  Overnight, I woke up to a full blown migraine.  I padded my head in ice packs and made many frequent trips to the bathroom where my face and the toilet got reacquainted.  My headache was so bad I couldn’t even keep water down.  I missed work on Monday and just napped all day.  By about 4pm, I took a Tylenol and drink a glass of diet coke for the caffeine.  Thankfully, my headache started going away about an hour later.  I’m hoping these don’t become frequent visitors since I have always been prone to headaches.  I  picked up some magnesium and plan on buying a humidifier for our bedroom to help keep the headaches at bay.

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Emotionally I’m starting  to get really antsy to start buying baby things and getting our house in order.  I feel a little overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done and bought before the baby is here.  I think once the nursery is starting to take form I will feel a little better.  We had another prenatal appointment this week and it was a quick weigh in, get blood pressure and hear the baby’s heart beat!  I love hearing his/her little heart beating so loud and strong!  I think both Keith and I were proud parents hear that!  I’m also super excited since we booked our gender scan!  Yay!!!  Only 18 days to go!  : )  I could care less what the baby’s gender is, but I just need to know so I can go out and buy come cute outfits!  I’m also excited to pick out a name and start calling the baby by its name.  I think once I know if it’s a baby boy or baby girl I will be able to connect with baby on a new level.  Keith still is 100% positive it is a boy.  There is no question about it.  I am still confused on what the baby’s gender is, but I’m slightly leaning towards a little princess!  I know this is very cliché, but we just want the baby to be healthy.  Oh, and speaking of healthy, I read in one of my baby books last night that pregnant women shouldn’t use face products that contain salicylic acid.  Not great news for me.  My face wash, toner and moisturizer all contain it.  I started freaking out last night.  I plan to buy all new face products today since there is risk that products that contain salicylic acid can cause deformities.  They said products that contain less than 2% are okay if used once or twice a day, but my moisturizer has 5%, so that needs to go immediately.

Odd Ramblings

• Sleeping:  8 hours a night
  • Naps:  I think I took one on Sunday and Monday.
  • Cravings:  Grapefruits, Salads <—I can’t get enough of them lately!
  • Foods I still Can’t Stand:  White fish and also Chicken Green Bean Casserole.  I made it this week and took one bite and couldn’t take another.  Luckily Keith loves it so he could eat the whole pan of it!
  • What I’m Most Excited For:  Gender scan in 18 days!
  • Weight Gained so Far:  about 2lbs

Week 15 Pregnancy Photos

Just for fun and to compare, here is me at 4 weeks and then 15 weeks!  You can really tell the difference!

It’s getting BIGGER!!!

I think last week I had two people tell me they thought they could see the starting of the baby bump!  Yay!  : )

I hope you make today a great day, and I’ll be back tomorrow with an in-home workout of the week!

16 Responses to “Week 15 Pregnancy Update- Navel Orange”

1. Heather August 24, 2011 at 8:11 am #

Awwe so cute! I love baby bumps! Sorry about your headaches, I hope they go away soon. The humidifier really helped me (I had a chronic dull headache) for the headaches and for the stuffiness. Have you had any of that??

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 24, 2011 at 9:45 am #

I get dull headaches all the time and think some of them are due to my allergies because my cheeks and eyes will hurt. I think after work today I’ll venture over to Target and try out the humidifier tonight and see how that goes!

• Nicole September 1, 2011 at 8:50 am #

Try getting a salve called Tiger Balm and rub it on your forehead, cheeks, and under eyes (just don’t get it in your eyes). That salve and excedrine migraine always help mine. I dnno if you can take the excedrine with the pregnancy but I bet the Tiger Balm for sure would work. It is in a small round glass jar almost the shape of an octagon and has a gold or copper lid. The sides kind of look chinese or japanese. I think they sell it in CVS and possibly whole foods or trader joes.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 1, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

I’ll have to try it out, I haven’t heard of Tiger Balm before! I can’t take Excedrine at all. : (

2. Shanna, like Banana August 24, 2011 at 8:25 am #

Still so tiny, but the very very beginnings of a bump are there!

I’m sorry you’re still feeling off. Boo! It will get better (I hope!).

And I have the extreme desire to next, but due to a lot of guests, we can’t tackle the nursery until October..meep!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 24, 2011 at 9:46 am #

haha, I think my bump is huge already, I can’t imagine what I’ll think about it in another 5, 10 weeks! : )
      You will have so much fun putting the nursery together! Have you started looking at bedding and room decor yet?

• Shanna, like Banana August 24, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

We have! And we’re already registered at Buy Buy Baby..that part is so fun!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 24, 2011 at 5:34 pm #

I can imagine how fun that is going to be! I’m so excited to start shopping, much more so than Keith is!

3. Erica August 24, 2011 at 11:59 am #

I hope the headaches stay far far away!!! Your bump is so cute! And hooray for scheduling the gender apt

4. Marissa August 25, 2011 at 5:02 am #

ugh! I suffered from migranes during both pregnancies of mine…here’s hoping that was the last for you 😦

you look precious…look at that TINY bump! I am sad that I never took weekly pics of my baby belly with either of my boys. Not even sure why. But I totally wish I could go back and compare pregnancies and now I can’t! Keep those up each week…makes it fun later!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 25, 2011 at 7:21 am #

That is the main reason I’m doing the pregnancy weekly posts. It makes me take a pic of my growing baby bump and I think it will be fun to look back on! Sorry to hear you suffered migraines as well, they are not fun.

5. Caree August 25, 2011 at 7:03 am #

congrats on the pregnancy!!! and you are sooo super tiny!!! you look great!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 25, 2011 at 7:22 am #

Thanks! I already feel like my bump is getting so big! It def. is a lot bigger at night, we laugh at how big it grows during the day!

6. Shayla @ The Good Life August 31, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

I hope your headaches get better! And you’re still so teeny tiny, but I do see the lil beginnings of a bump! 😉

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 1, 2011 at 7:13 am #

haha, its amazing how big you can feel when your body first starts to change! I think my stomach is already so large, but I know its going to get SO much bigger with the healthy growing baby!!!