Week 16 Pregnancy Update- Avocado

31 Aug

Week 16 came and went super fast!  It was pretty uneventful (despite weight gain), but in my book, that is an amazing pregnancy week!

How Big is Baby?

According to thebump.com: Watch what you say… tiny bones forming in baby’s ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you’re interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.

According to babycenter.com:  Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he’s about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren’t recognizable yet. He’s even started growing toenails. And there’s a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

How I’m Feeling Physically

This week has been a walk in the park (knock on wood)!  Easy breezy!  No headaches, no morning sickness, I can eat all my old foods and have most of my energy back!  I am still a little tired here and there, especially during the week and on days I work out.  My stomach grew a lot this week.  Seriously.  It is now about twice the size it was last week and the baby weight is slowly increasing.  I still think I’m feeling the baby move.  I’m not sure if is the baby or perhaps my uterus/cervix growing.  The sensations come randomly and mostly while I’m laying down or sitting.  They are quick feelings and only last a second or two before they are gone.

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

I am doing awesome!  I am just so ready to meet my little one!  I can’t wait!  I am getting really anxious to find out the gender!  I think I mention that every week, but now that we are only a week and a half away my curiosity is getting the best of me.  I’ve been doing old wives tale tests and so far they have all said I was having a boy.  I know they are not predictable but I like doing them to see what they predict!  The Chinese baby calendar says were having a girl.  So we will see what tests were right and what tests were wrong!  I guess they all have a 50/50 shot at being right!

Odd Ramblings

• Sleeping:  8+ hours a night
  • Naps:  I’ve taken about two or three this week.  They have been shorter then my previous naps and have been only about 30 minutes.
  • Cravings:  Roasted garlic mashed potatoes
  • Foods I Can’t Stand:  White fish (think tilapia)
  • What I’m Most Excited For:  Gender scan in a week and a half!!!!!!!!!!
  • Weight Gained: 5lbs (I’m telling you the bump is growing super fast- I doubled my pregnancy weight gain in week 16!)

Week 16 Bump Pics

4 Weeks for Comparison

I think I hide the bump well.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to hide the bump but since I’m in that stage where people don’t know if I’m pregnant or have a little belly, I get uncomfortable with it at times.  I’m still super excited for it to be larger so people know I’m pregnant and not just gaining weight!

The lighting is bad in these pics, we only have one full length mirror and that’s in our guest bedroom.  I’m not good at taking mirror pics so I just cross my fingers they turn out well!  : )

No bump in the pics!  : )

16 Responses to “Week 16 Pregnancy Update- Avocado”

1. Shanna, like Banana August 31, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Lovin’ the bump! You are oh so close to finding out the gender — it’s magical to find out =)

You look great and I think it’s A-ok to hide it until you are ready to share with the entire world and also until it’s more pronounced…some people *still* don’t think I’m pregnant!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 31, 2011 at 8:15 am #

I’m excited for the scan!!! It can’t come soon enough!

Thanks, I don’t care if people know I’m pregnant or not, I just don’t look it completely yet, I just look rather bloated! : )

2. Maren August 31, 2011 at 10:01 am #

you do hide the bump well! I’m glad that the headaches have stopped. They are the worst.

3. sweetlyvegan August 31, 2011 at 10:55 am #

you can’t even tell your preggers in the pics on the bottom!! you definitely hide it well 🙂

4. Laury @thefitnessdish August 31, 2011 at 11:19 am #

you look great!!! embrace the pregnancy! it’s so amazing

5. Soo @ Little Miss Fitness August 31, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

You looks so good, Kjirsten!! Whenever I read your tweets I’m thinking, “Wow…you go girl!” (with all your exercising!) That’s so awesome.

I’m so excited for you to find out if it’s a boy or girl…so fun. Next, it’s name time! 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life August 31, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

We have three top boys names and three top girls names picked out. I think we already know what names for each we would end up using, but are going to keep it a secret until the baby’s born! I love talking baby names though!

6. Allie August 31, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

You look great and I am so happy you are feeling great 🙂

7. Marissa August 31, 2011 at 9:12 pm #

seriously, you are TOO cute 🙂 I’m sure your little baby bump will just be as precious as can be toward the end!! Yes, you hide it well! Happy 16 weeks to your lil avocado 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 1, 2011 at 7:11 am #

Thanks! I’m just a couple days away from being 18 weeks now! I always so my weekly posts once I wrap up that week and have time to look back on it!!! : )

8. gender scan baby 3d 4d ultrasound August 2, 2014 at 10:17 pm #

Hey There. I found your weblog the uuse of msn. This is a very well written article.

I’ll make sure to bookmark itt and come back to learn extra of your
    useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

9. search engine submissions August 4, 2014 at 10:39 am #

It’s awesome to pay a visit this site andd reading the views of
    all colleagues concerning this piece of writing, while I am also keen of getting knowledge.