As You May Have Heard…

12 Sep

As you may have heard, my ultrasound appointment got cancelled today.  With only 5 hours left on my countdown, I got a call from my doctor’s office.  It wasn’t the call I was expecting.  I was basically given the choice of Thursday evening for my rescheduled ultrasound or I would have to wait until I get back from a trip to Minnesota to get in, which would be in October.  I was so upset and sad and probably overreacted, but when you are a mom-to-be, every chance you get to see your baby (only 1 maybe 2 times during your whole pregnancy), hear its heartbeat and know everything is going perfectly with your pregnancy, you will be so excited and counting down the days and hours.  Especially when you are going to find out if your first child is a boy or a girl.  I told the receptionist I would call her back since I didn’t want her to hear me crying.  After I gather myself together the best I could, I called back to take the Thursday evening appointment.  The receptionist told me, Thursdays only a few days away.  All I could think was telling her to shove it, so I kept my lips zipped.  I still had to go in tonight to see the doctor nurse practitioner for just a quick check up (weight in and blood pressure).  I wasn’t really looking forward to it, but once I heard the little bubba’s heartbeat all my cares in the world were gone!  I seriously get lost in that little heart beat!  : )

So the best day of my life has turned into a pity party day for myself.  I am now  back to counting down the hours.  I think I have about 70 more hours to go.

Anyways, I hope to be feeling back to my positive self by tomorrow.  I am just giving myself today to be in a bummer kind of mood.  But like I mentioned before after hearing that little heartbeat, I am already starting to feel like back to normal!

Eats from the Day:

• Breakfast-  Eggs, Cheese and 1 Slice Ham on a Bagel Thin with a Small Cup of Tropical Fruit

• AM Snack-  Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte with 2 Pumps, Decaf, No Whip and Skim (I switched back to skim from soy once I realized it was like 60 less calories, I’ll probably go back and forth between the two)
  • Lunch-  Bean Burrito with Salsa
  • PM Snack- Banana with 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
  • Dinner-  Pulled Chicken Sandwich, Fruit and Chips and Greek Yogurt Dip

Workout of the Day:

Today was a rest day.  So that means from Tuesday until Sunday I need to get in my five gym workouts in addition to three days of yoga.  Also, I’m changing my Thursday yoga day to Friday or Saturday, not sure which day yet.  After work on Thursday I have a hair appointment and then need to race home to get Keith so we can make it to our ultrasound on time.  I’m thinking after the ultrasound I want to go shopping instead of doing some yoga!

I hope you all have a great night and I’ll be back in the morning with the workout of the week (arms- yay)!!!

xo, Kjirsten

14 Responses to “As You May Have Heard…”

1. Shanna, like Banana September 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

This was a big day for you so it’s totally okay to feel bad and just have a pity party! Maybe it was fate though..your lil one may have been all cross-legged and modest today but will be ready to show it all off Thursday 😉

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 12, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

Haha, thanks for showing me to look on the bright side of things! I’m def. going to be drinking a little caffiene and eating a little sugar before Thursdays appointment!!!

2. Maren September 12, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

I’m so sorry. I still can’t believe that happened. I definitely would have cried too.

3. Jess September 12, 2011 at 6:37 pm #

Sorry it was canceled! Start the countdown till Thursday:)

4. Jamie @ Food in Real Life September 12, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

I’m sorry hun! I can totally understand how you must be feeling. I was so anxious and excited about my appointment and would have been devastated! When you’re already counting it down, adding any additional days is NOT EASY! Anyhow, I’ll add my prediction..I think you’re having a boy! I saw the u/s picture and I think the nub is vertical which sometimes means its a boy. But honestly I have no clue. I looove that little hoodie and matching sweatpants! I need to go see if they have a girl version.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 12, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

Thanks, it is hard especailyl when you are counting down and only hours away from finding out! I’ll have to check out the nub and look up what it means! I’m very intrigued now! The hoodie set is super cute right? It would be adorable in pink for your little girl!

5. sweetlyvegan September 12, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

I’m so sorry you didn’t find out today 😦 I would have been in tears too!! and idk but I have a feeling its going to be a boy for some reason?! I read something about the healthier the mother (less acidic?!) the more likely it is to be a boy. check it here – http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/boy-or-girl-the-answer-may-depend-on-moms-eating-habits/
    Thursday will be here before you know it! I never thought caffeine and sugar would make the baby move around more but thats good to know 🙂
    I went to traders today and bought cantelope, watermelon, and pineapple… ur blog had me craving those! and then I also bought shrimp and cocktail sauce haha yumm

6. Shayla @ The Good Life September 12, 2011 at 8:45 pm #

I’m sorry it was cancelled! I would have been upset and in tears too…but like Shanna said, perhaps he/she was being modest today and will be ready come Thursday to let it all hang out 😉

7. allieksmith September 13, 2011 at 6:47 am #

I am soo sorry it got cancelled! I would have been really upset as well.

8. Kerryne September 13, 2011 at 7:51 am #

I think anyone in your shoes would have felt the SAME way as you did in this situation. Of course you were so excited and of course it being rescheduled totally upset you. I am glad that you are feeling better about it now. Hang in there!!!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Week 18 Pregnancy Update- Sweet Potato « Balanced Healthy Life - September 14, 2011

[…] this week was going great until the big disappointment on Monday.  I was super excited all week long and was in the best of moods.  I am so […]

As You May Have Heard…

12 Sep

Eats from the Day:

• Lunch-  Bean Burrito with Salsa
  • PM Snack- Banana with 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
  • Dinner-  Pulled Chicken Sandwich, Fruit and Chips and Greek Yogurt Dip

Workout of the Day:

xo, Kjirsten

14 Responses to “As You May Have Heard…”

1. Shanna, like Banana September 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 12, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

2. Maren September 12, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

3. Jess September 12, 2011 at 6:37 pm #

Sorry it was canceled! Start the countdown till Thursday:)

4. Jamie @ Food in Real Life September 12, 2011 at 6:46 pm #

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 12, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

5. sweetlyvegan September 12, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

6. Shayla @ The Good Life September 12, 2011 at 8:45 pm #

7. allieksmith September 13, 2011 at 6:47 am #

I am soo sorry it got cancelled! I would have been really upset as well.

8. Kerryne September 13, 2011 at 7:51 am #