Week 18 Pregnancy Update- Sweet Potato

14 Sep

How Big is Baby?

Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby’s finally big enough that you’ll be able to feel those movements soon (thebump.com)

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He’s busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you’ll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they’re still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he’s born. If you’re having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you’re having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound (babycenter.com).

How I’m Feeling Physically?

Physically this week, I’ve been feeling good.  I’ve been sleeping much better and my headaches are still gone.  I don’t know what was causing the headaches but guess it’s either hormones or allergies.  One new thing I did notice this week was my hips beginning to ache and hurt a little.  I’ve been sleeping with a pillow between my legs and that has taken some of the pressure of my hips.  I was a little tired this past week, but nothing like I’ve experienced before during this pregnancy.

How I’m Feeling Emotionally?

Emotionally this week was going great until the big disappointment on Monday.  I was super excited all week long and was in the best of moods.  I am so looking forward to my rescheduled ultrasound tomorrow (Thursday) and finding out if we are having a boy or a girl.  I’m not letting myself get too excited for our appointment tomorrow because I don’t think I can handle going another rescheduling of the appointment.  Once Keith and I are driving to our appointment I’m sure I’ll start getting excited and nervous!!!  Boy or girl?  Boy or girl?  Boy or girl?  Any last guesses?

Odd Ramblings

• Weight Gain:  about 6lbs
  • Cravings:  Fruit-  papaya, cantaloupe and pineapple, anything light and refreshing
  • Things I Still Can’t Stand:  White Fish
  • What I’m Most Excited For:  Gender Scan tomorrow (finally)!!!
  • The Doctor said I’m measuring perfectly for how many week along I am.  She said my uterus is right at my belly button and that I can expect it to grow one inch above it each week!  Gulp…..

Week 18 Baby  Bump Picture

For comparison at 4 weeks

*Technically these pics are from 19 weeks, but they are my most up to date pics!

Hello baby bump!

23 Responses to “Week 18 Pregnancy Update- Sweet Potato”

1. allieksmith September 14, 2011 at 8:15 am #

Yay for for baby being the size of a sweet tater! 🙂 I can’t wait to find out the gender scan and your bumb is ADORABLE!

2. Shanna, like Banana September 14, 2011 at 8:27 am #

Oh you lucky long torso girl! You barely show!

I woke up thinking it was Thursday and got so excited for you…one more day though — that’s not so bad 🙂

3. JessSutera September 14, 2011 at 11:00 am #

super cute baby bump!!

4. Shayla @ The Good Life September 14, 2011 at 11:15 am #

Awww love your lil baby bump…very cute! Can’t wait to hear the news Friday, good luck! And I’m still gonna go with a girl 🙂

5. Tiff September 14, 2011 at 11:30 am #

The bump’s adorable! I can’t wait to hear the results.

6. Running Girl September 14, 2011 at 2:00 pm #

You look fantastic! And, where have I been that I didn’t even know you were pregnant. (Obviously, I haven’t been reading blogs in a while. 🙂 Congratulations!

7. Erica September 14, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

you look fabulous my friend!! I cannot believe they cancelled your ultrasound! bah! I’m still going with boy

8. Jamie @ Food in Real Life September 14, 2011 at 5:29 pm #

Aww you have the cutest bump! 🙂 Mine has been really growing this week!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 14, 2011 at 7:00 pm #

I saw a girl who is only a few weeks ahead of me and she has really popped! I couldn’t believe it! I’m excited to get a more defined bump! Luckily it grows weekly so mine should be really poppped in no time!

9. lapiattini September 14, 2011 at 5:53 pm #

Awww what a super cute bump!

10. Lisa September 14, 2011 at 6:43 pm #

you look great! I’m so excited to read more on your blog and about your pregnancy! So exciting your going to find out the sex soon 🙂

11. Shannon September 15, 2011 at 6:28 am #