It’s a…

16 Sep

Currently it is 1:45am in Arizona.  I am up, wide awake and typing a post that I can publish in the morning because I am too excited to sleep!

Keith and I went in for our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and we couldn’t be happier with the news.  Right after we found out, we called all our family and friends to share the news.  It was so hard not to spill the news right away via social media, but I had to make sure we talked with all family first before they could see it on the blog!

Either way if it is a boy or girl we would have been over the moon excited, but hearing and knowing what we are having is possibly the most exciting news ever.   🙂

So, lets cut to the chase…

09-16-2011 05;47;12AM3

09-16-2011 05;41;31AM2

I am pleased to announce, Keith and I are going to be the proud parents of a baby GIRL!

Wahoo!!!

Dance classes, pink galore, sparkles, princesses and glitter oh my!

I. Can. Not. Wait.

I don’t know if Keith knows what he got himself into!  Luckily one of my favorite colors is pink!  🙂

xo, Kjirsten

Questions:

• Where are the cutest stores to buy baby clothes?
  • What are your favorite stores to buy baby gear?
  • Any must have items for a first time baby nursery?
  • What are you most looking forward to this weekend?

36 Responses to “It’s a…”

1. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat September 16, 2011 at 5:56 am #

Congrats! So excited for you! 🙂

2. Jamie @ Food in Real Life September 16, 2011 at 6:03 am #

YAY for baby girls!!! I knew when I saw your Twitter post about going shopping 😉 It’s so fun! Go team pink! (p.s.thanks for posting this nice and early in the morning. My impatient East Coast self was stalking your blog) LOL

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 16, 2011 at 6:09 am #

I actually didn’t find much I liked shopping but did buy about 100 baby hangers that I plan to fill with clothes soon!
      And no problem for posting early!!! 🙂

3. Betty Winn September 16, 2011 at 6:08 am #

Hi Kjirsten! I am so happy for you and Keith. Best wishes to you on your shopping spree! Betty

4. Tiff September 16, 2011 at 6:12 am #

Yay! Thanks for sharing! I love Baby Gap stuff, but I don’t know of that many stores since I’m not a mommy.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 16, 2011 at 6:15 am #

I’ve already discovered Baby Gap and have found SO many cute things! We don’t have one locally so when we visit family coming up I think I’ll stock up on cute pink things from that store!

5. loftyappetite September 16, 2011 at 6:16 am #

Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting! I could never be one of those parents that wait until giving birth to know. It’s just too exciting not too, and it would kill me if all the doctors knew and I didn’t!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 16, 2011 at 6:26 am #

I’m totally the same way! I wanted and needed to know as soon as I could! I can’t wait to start planning out the nursery!

6. JessSutera September 16, 2011 at 6:22 am #

YAY for a baby girl!! So happy for you!!

7. allieksmith September 16, 2011 at 6:32 am #

A girl!!! Wahoo! Congrats 🙂

8. Shayla @ The Good Life September 16, 2011 at 6:32 am #

Yipeeeeee!! I could fee that excitement through Twitter, something definitely told me a girl! So happy and excited for you….that is going to be the best dressed baby girl ever!! 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 16, 2011 at 6:42 am #

She sure will be! After shopping at three stores yesterday all I found was one newborn outfit! I have a feeling her closet will get stocked pretty quickly though! I was online shopping practically the whole night! I can’t believe how small baby things are! They look just a bit bigger than barbie clothes!

9. Kerryne September 16, 2011 at 7:09 am #

CONGRATS!!!! Girls are SO much fun! Happy for you two!

10. Shanna, like Banana September 16, 2011 at 7:49 am #

Yiipppppeeeeee! I should have went with my first instinct — dang that dream that turned me around 😉

This is such an exciting time — soak it all up lovely lady!

I’m happy to tell you about what we’re buying for our nursery (as 1st time parents too)…let me know! shannamccord@gmail.com 🙂

11. Heather September 16, 2011 at 8:20 am #

Awwwe!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting! I love gymboree, I always find really cute things there. I have a boy though so I haven’t really checked out the girls side. I’m most looking forward to meeting with a trainer tomorrow morning!!

12. Katie September 16, 2011 at 8:30 am #

I just knew it ! You are MEANT to have a little princess! SO happy for you guys!!! Love u!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 16, 2011 at 10:12 am #

Thanks so much! I have always wanted a baby girl at some point and am so happy to be making that dream come true!

13. Maren September 16, 2011 at 8:43 am #

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! How much fun is it going to be decorating and shopping?!!!

14. Healthy Coconut September 16, 2011 at 9:07 am #

Congrats on your baby girl. I have a little niece who adore so much and who I dressed a lot and turn into a doll sometimes. I love playing dress up games with babies.

Congrats again!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life September 16, 2011 at 10:14 am #

Thanks! I can’t wait to play dress up too! It is super cute when little babies are dressed for all the holidays and I’m so looking forward to that! Baby C should be here right before Valentines day so I already am looking for a cute outfit with hearts!

15. Jess September 17, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

Congratulations! So happy for you.

16. Lisa September 17, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

ahh congratulations! That is so exciting!! 🙂

17. marissa September 18, 2011 at 6:09 am #

CONGRATS 🙂 Yay!!! Tickled Pink, huh?!

best baby clothes: babyGap, Janie and Jack, Crazy 8, Gymboree(but some of it is cheesy-looking, sometimes) and any boutique, of course!

Now it’s time to shop…that was my favorite part about my pregnancies. Once we found out the sex, it was time to shop like crazy!!! Have fun!

Must have’s: BOB jogging stroller, Ulimate Crib Sheet, Miracle Blanket for swaddling, and I’m sure I’ll think of many more…

18. Erica September 19, 2011 at 1:59 am #

Awww! I was so wrong! Congrats!!! Little ladies are so much fun!!