What’s in a Name?

3 Oct

Hey everyone!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend!  I still amazes me how fast the weeks go compared to the week!

I had an ultra busy weekend and seem to be finally kicking my cold!  Yay!  I swear, I only get sick when I fly in September.  Seriously…

Friday, Keith and I rented Bridesmaids and made dinner (monster salad and asparagus ravioli with chicken) after work.  It was a good movie.  I thought it would be a little funnier just because of how talked up it was.  But, overall I really enjoyed it!

Saturday was filled with working out, getting the house in order and running errands.  Before I knew it, it was already the evening.  We grilled burgers and while Keith watched college football, I flipped through some baby book and magazines.

We lead interesting lives, huh? : )

Sunday,  I decided to start my research on infant car seats and strollers.  Oh man, what a lot of information to sort through!  We ended up deciding on the Britax Chaperone car seat and the Britax B-Ready stroller (I read it has the highest safety rating).  I never knew how much these things cost, but luckily I came across a deal on Target (expires on the 15th).  If you buy the stroller, you get the car seat for free, where do I pay?  If you are a mom to be, check out these products, also they are $100 bucks cheaper on Target than they were on BabiesRUs.  Score me a deal!

This is what we ordered.  I really like the simple black color and they were out of silver.  The only other color was green and I didn’t want that.  I can’t wait for this to come in the mail!  We will probably need to buy an extra base for Keith’s car, but we didn’t order it right away.  It feels so good to have these two items crossed off our baby list!  Next up, we need to order our nursery furniture!  Yay!

Britax Chaperone Infant Carrier - Cowmooflage

Britax B-Ready Stroller - Black

While I was busy swooning over car seats and infant things, Keith clean the entire house!  Bless his little heart!  My back has been killing me and he said he wanted to clean for once and take a load of me!  : )  I ❤ my husband!

After Keith was done cleaning, we headed to the gym and then back home to watch the Vikings game.  Unfortunately, they lost again.  Horrible I tell you!  After the pathetic lose, I ran to Target to grab some household items (hello, zip lock bags, hangers and cleaning products).

The rest of the night was spent wasting time and watching the premier of Dexter.  If you haven’t seen this show yet, you must start watching it!  It is so addicting and fun!

So, onto the baby name!!!!!

Keith and I talked about baby names a little bit and had come up with our top two-three favorite names for each gender.

On our boys list we had

• Luke
  • Finn

Finn ended up beating out Luke for the top spot and we were dead set on naming our little boy Finn (Finley).  We loved the sound of Finn Conrad.  Just a nice strong manly name.

On our girls list we had

• Gwen
  • Cameryn
  • Estella

We decided against Estella (Stella for short) because I know a lot of people with Stella as their dogs name.  But I really love that name!  I think it is so cute and sweet.

So, we were down to Gwen and Cameryn.

Well, we decided to name our baby daughter,

11 2 Scan

Cameryn Olivia Conrad

I think I had one guess that was spot on our baby name!  When I read it, I couldn’t believe it!!!  Good job Heather!  🙂

Once we settled on the name Cameryn, we had to figure out how we wanted to spell it.  Here were our three choices

• Cameron
  • Cameryn
  • Camryn

I love the first spelling but the “o” at the end, was a little masculine and third option was nice, but it just didn’t feel right.  So, Cameryn it was!

We are really excited and I can’t tell you how nice it is to call the baby by her name.  Now, if some of you are thinking she has some funky initials, she does (COC).  We really loved the sound of Cameryn Olivia and our last name just so happens to start with a C.  I don’t ever remember using my initials for anything so I think she’ll be fine.  Hopefully she wont get teased too bad! 🙂

Well, that’s it for me right now!  Tomorrow I’ll have the workout of the week, a new chicken appetizer recipe and my new workout routine along with my workout recap from last week!

Questions:

• What is your honest opinion of our baby girls name?
  • Have you ever know anyone with the name Cameryn?  If so, boy or girl?
  • Do you have baby names picked out?  If so, what are they for a boy and a girl?

I had Cameryn picked out for years, probably 5-6.  I remember when my sister was pregnant I had it picked out and her daughter is about to turn 4!!!  Some things just stick and I’m so happy Keith loves the name too!

37 Responses to “What’s in a Name?”

1. Katie October 3, 2011 at 6:08 am #

I think its beautiful! I like the way its spelled as well! The whole name together I love, and thats my honest opinion, I did not like Estella, glad you leaned away from that!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 3, 2011 at 6:11 am #

I’m a huge fan of the Golden Girls and loved Estelle Getty! I think that is part of the reason I like the name Estella so much! : )

2. allieksmith October 3, 2011 at 6:22 am #

What a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL name! I love it 🙂

3. Shayla @ The Good Life October 3, 2011 at 6:25 am #

Love the name!! And I love the spelling of it, very original! To be honest I didn’t like the other two, my fav out of the three was definitely Cameryn. I never knew anyone with the name growing up and when I hear that name I think of Cameron Diaz, which isn’t such a bad person to think of! 🙂

We have a definite boys name picked out, don’t wanna reveal it to the whole internet here though 😉 And we’re undecided on a girls name, I think they’re the hardest to choose!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 3, 2011 at 6:31 am #

My Mom hated the name Gwen. She did not want us to use it! Naming a baby is so much fun especially when you can start calling the little moving baby in your stomach by his/her name. I feel like you bond much deeper!

• Shayla @ The Good Life October 3, 2011 at 9:12 am #

I think the bond is so much deeper too! And she’s hearing you both talk to her (and her name!) from inside 🙂

4. JessSutera October 3, 2011 at 6:33 am #

BEAUTIFUL name!!!

5. loftyappetite October 3, 2011 at 6:37 am #

Congrats on picking a name that is a very huge milestone!! I actually work with a Cameryn, but she goes by Mery, and I always want to call her Cameryn because I like it better 😉 So make sure you think of nicknames you want to “stick” too!
    We also watched Bridesmaids this weekend! I thought I was the last one on the planet to see it, glad that I’m not! I really enjoyed, it was a different kind of humor for a chick flick and it was great!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 3, 2011 at 6:43 am #

Oh, I’m not a fan on Mery! Keith likes the nickname Cami, but I really don’t like that. I’m hoping her nickname can be Cam! : ) I also hope people don’t call her CC, for Cameryn Conrad. I don’t like that one either! I’ll always be calling her Cameryn and trying to push nicknames to the way side!

6. Heather October 3, 2011 at 6:46 am #

Ahhhh I was RIGHT!! 🙂 Well obviously you know I love that name because Cameryn was going to be my pick if we had a girl. Funny that you love the name Luke, too, because my son is named Luke. I knew you had good taste!! And Olivia is so pretty for a middle name. Yay, so happy for you!! 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 3, 2011 at 7:16 am #

I’d say we have near identical taste in names! : ) I was so amazed that someone guessed the name Cameryn since it is not very common at all! I was shocked! : )

7. Kerryne October 3, 2011 at 7:20 am #

LOVE the name, and especially love the spelling. I am all about unique ways to spell things. My little brother is Cameron. I have known quite a few of them. I love names though, Gwen is on my list (if we ever have more) along with OakLeigh, Samarah, for girls. I love the name Paisleigh but that one has been used now twice in my family. For boys… I really don’t love any names right now. I think they are hard ones!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 3, 2011 at 8:25 am #

Oh, what cute names, Paisleigh is adorable and I haven’t seen it spelled that way before! I think if we have another girl, Gwen is at the top of my list! But I don’t think I need to worry about a baby #2 for a while! I’m still waiting for baby #1 to arrive! : )

8. Shanna, like Banana October 3, 2011 at 7:38 am #

Awww, it’s perfect! The whole name together has such beautiful cadence. I had a feeling the middle name was Olivia (which I LOVE), but Cameryn was a surprise. It’s fantastic! Love the spelling too.

Also, really love Finn as a boys name. Unfortunately I don’t think we can name a 2nd boy Finn because we have Sawyer and that’s just too much Huck Finn / Tom Sawyer references ;-P

Congrats 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 3, 2011 at 8:23 am #

Thanks so much! I think we’ll keep Finn as our top boys name if baby #2 is a boy but see why you wouldn’t want to use that name! : )

9. lisahealthydiaries October 3, 2011 at 8:53 am #

I love the name you guys picked! Olivia is one of my top favorite girl names! Cameryn is beautiful. I never really heard of it before, but I really like it! How exciting!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 3, 2011 at 9:29 am #

I almost didn’t want to use Olivia as her middle name because I love it so much too and could see using it for a future daughter. We thought about using Cameryn Sophia, but it just didn’t have the same ring to it as Cameryn Olivia did! Also, I didn’t want to save a name and then not be able to use it down the road if we only had boys next! : )

Cameryn isn’t that common. I only know one Cameron, and he is out vet besides Cameron Diaz and luckily I’m a huge fan of hers!

10. Jess October 3, 2011 at 9:47 am #

I honestly love that name. It was my favorite out of your ideas!

11. Tiff October 3, 2011 at 10:25 am #

Picking out a name sounds like fun. I hope my hubby and I will be able to agree 🙂 It’s awesome that yours cleaned the house for you. What a sweetie!

12. Erica October 3, 2011 at 11:48 am #

Sounds like a typical weekend at our house :)! I think the name is very cute! We struggled with names and picked Kaylin’s the night before she was born!!

13. Healthy Coconut October 3, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

I like the name, cute spelling too.

We rented Bridesmaids recently too and because it got a lot of good reviews from people around us, I had really high expectations (I thought it was be funny like The Hangover) but I fount it slow in the beginning and funny towards the end. Love the 80’s song at the end of the movie though.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 4, 2011 at 7:21 am #

I had teh exact same Bridesmaids thoughts as you! I was expecting something like the Hangover but I didn’t think it even came close! Oh well, it was entertaining to say the least!

14. Jolene Carlson October 3, 2011 at 6:55 pm #

I have been teaching for quite a while and I have to say that I have only come across this name maybe twice for a girl. It isn’t so popular that she’s going to be “Cameryn C” in the classroom either. I like the spelling bc it sets it apart. It is a sweet little girl’s name and I like the hard “double c” for the first and last name. Just my opinion, cute. Just don’t name her “Passion”- I came across that name once!!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 4, 2011 at 7:20 am #

Haha, Passion? I would never name my daughter anything like that so nothing to worry about! : )
      Thanks for stopping by the blog, I hope you like it!

15. Maren October 3, 2011 at 8:33 pm #

What a perfect little name. There is a little boy at my church named fin and he’s the cutest little boy EVER (definitely keep it for baby number 2). The stroller is adorable with it’s black and white. So not typical for baby seats. Congratulations.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 4, 2011 at 7:19 am #

Thanks so much! We are def. keeping Finn for a boys name so now everyone will know the name if number two is a boy! : )

16. healthyappletite October 4, 2011 at 12:34 am #

I LOVE the name Finn for a boy! I’ll be honest, ‘Cameron’ is typically a boys name over here so i’d like something more girly personally but i LOVE the spelling, that does make it a little more girly and olivia is beautiful 🙂 i also love the cow print car seat!! amazing xx

17. Marissa October 4, 2011 at 5:56 am #

Awe, I love it. Isn’t finding a baby name so much fun?! I taught a little girl names Camryn, so spelled different but a precious little girl! Love that name! Olivia is a beautiful name…love that too! sounds like you’re getting things in order and getting ready for that baby girl to come into your lives!!! Yay!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 4, 2011 at 7:17 am #

Is is so much fun! I wanted to find the perdect name for her and I think we found it. It just feels right and that’s all that matters!

18. Jen@foodfamilyfitness October 4, 2011 at 10:33 am #

Love the name!!!! Love the spelling too!!!!