Friday Check in and Happy Weekend!

7 Oct

This morning, I really didn’t want to get out of bed when the alarm went off.  I knew if I didn’t get up right away and into the gym, I wouldn’t get in my five workouts for the week.  I didn’t have the time or motivation to get in my 45 minutes of cardio yesterday so the pressure was on.  I knew that once I got out of bed, the workout would feel great plus if I was tired from getting up early, I could always go to bed early tonight or sleep in tomorrow!  Yay for the weekend!

So, off to the gym Keith and I went.  I did 45 minutes on the arc trainer while finishing up the latest issue of Oxygen magazine.  If you don’t already read Oxygen, I highly suggest picking up a copy.

Once we were finished at the gym, I had to race home to get some things done before my 8am client.  I was back at the gym by 7:45am and trained my client then gave the gym a major scrub down!  It is now back to its sparkly self.  One not-so-fun thing about having gyms is that you are more than likely going to be the cleaning person!  Poor little Cameryn doesn’t want to smell any cleaning products for a very long time.  Lucky for her, I help my shirt up to my nose when they chemicals got too overwhelming.

At home, we only use natural cleaning products such as baking soda, lemon juice and Seventh Generation.  So I don’t have to worry about the toxins/chemicals I might be breathing in.

After work, I ran to Kohl’s and scored some serious deals.  I got Cameryn 12 pairs of socks, 3 bibs, 4 long sleeve onesies, and a bag pajamas.  I can now cross off socks and onesies from my list of items she still needs.  We got a $10 off coupon in the mail along with a 15% off coupon.  When we got married last August, some of the members at the gym gave us a gift card, so using all my “things” I only had to shell out $20 of my hard earned money, plus I saved $50 off total!  I might have to swing into Kohl’s more often, especially they gave me another $10 off coupon along with a 20% off coupon as well.  I thought they had a lot of really cute baby items and a lot of the same stuff I saw at Macy’s and Babies-R-Us was there (Carter’s brand).  I maybe stop into Kohl’s store once a year, but now I’ll probably be back again next week to use up my new coupons!   🙂

The rest of the day is going to be spent walking Quincy, prenatal yoga and meeting some friends for dinner tonight.  I can’t wait to get out of the house and spend some time with friends!  It feels like it has been way to long.

My Eats from yesterday were:

• Breakfast-  Egg, cheese and ham sandwich on a bagel thin and 1/2 grapefruit.  I also had 1 cup of decaf coffee with pumpkin spice creamer
  • AM Snack-  Apple
  • Lunch-  1/2 Chicken Asian wrap and 1 cookie

• PM Snack-  1 cookie
  • Dinner-  Bowl of soup with 2 small slices of crusty bread

• Dessert- 1 cookie  <—I was on a roll.  I bought a three flavor pack at Costco (I couldn’t help myself, I’m pregnant!) and had to try every flavor!

My Workout from yesterday was a rest day.  I did however get in a long walk with the dog as well as prenatal yoga!

Outfit of the Day

SAM_6124 SAM_6121

I really need Keith to start taking these pics as I clearly can’t take good ones!  He is always gone by the time I’m done getting ready though!

• Shirt-  Pea and a Pod from Macy’s (its still a little big, there’s room for my stomach to grow)
  • Jeans-  Indigo Blue from Macy’s
  • Shoes-  Jessica Simpson Nude Pumps from Dillard’s  <—I think
  • Chunky Necklace- from my Mom!  🙂

One last thing before I go, we got the car seat in the mail on Wednesday!  How cute is this?

I can’t wait to get Cameryn all snuggled in this with a cute pink blanket for her car rides!

Questions:

• What good deals have you got lately? I also saved $18 on Quincy’s dog food yesterday.  His wellness puppy food was marked of 50% for a quick sale because the best buy date is in a few weeks.  He will already be onto another bag by then!  Score!  🙂
  • Is the weather getting a lot colder where you live?  It was only 35 degrees out this morning on the way to the gym!
  • What are you most looking forward too this weekend?
  • If you have a dog, how long do you usually walk him/her for?

Okay, I got to go, I have a hyper dog who is in need of a walk ASAP!

14 Responses to “Friday Check in and Happy Weekend!”

1. Shayla @ The Good Life October 7, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

Ahhh that is the cutest car seat! And I love Quincy’s expression in that pic – he’s smiling for the camera! And love the baby bump pics, you’re too cute 🙂

I have always liked Oxygen magazine…I always get great fitness and recipes tips from them and it’s nice to see women with muscular, strong bodies and curves… 🙂

I had trouble getting up this morning too for my workout, but knowing tomorrow was Saturday and that I could sleep in made it all the more easier!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 8, 2011 at 6:45 am #

Quincy LOVES to smile! It is really the cutest thing ever! 🙂

I agree that it is nice to see not just skinny women, but tone and fit women in that magazine!

2. Nicole October 7, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

Lately I’ve found some crazy good deals at The Loft Outlet stores. If you have one near you go! I got two dresses, a blouse, and a cute knit sweater for over the dresses when it gets cooler out for $80 total and they gave me a coupon for 30% the next purchase. I know they don’t have maternity clothes, but you should totally go once you have the little girl!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 8, 2011 at 6:44 am #

I love that store but we don’t have one close by! I’ll have to check it out once Cameryn is here and I’m looking for some cute new mama clothes! 🙂

3. Jen@foodfamilyfitness October 8, 2011 at 3:41 am #

I love oxygen magazine, it’s so real! Great score at Kohl’s, it’s my favorite store! Last year at christmas I ended up saving more than I spent and did almost all of the kids’ christmas shopping there.
    Love the carseat!!!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 8, 2011 at 6:43 am #

The do have some great deals there! I can’t wait until I get to play Santa with Cameryn and Christmas shop for her!

4. Marissa October 8, 2011 at 5:12 am #

love the carseat! We use Britax for carrier, stroller and carseat! Good brand!

It seems like I never score the good deals, maybe I need to take you with me?!

You look great, and I want the recipe for that asian wrap…it looks SO good 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 8, 2011 at 6:41 am #

Haha, the deals seem to be following me lately and that is A-okay with me since there is lots of spending and buying with a baby! 🙂

The Asian wrap was bought at Costco. I can probably recreate the recipe though, it is rather a simple wrap. Try using a spinach tortilla and filling it with a cabbage mixture, shredded chicken, slivered almonds and if you want, some crispy noodles. Then top the whole thing with a Asian ginger salad dressing! Yum!

5. Rachel Starr October 8, 2011 at 8:16 am #

you’d better slow down on the shopping for baby! nobody is going to be able to get you anything for your shower 😉 but on that note, you should definitely register for some Kiddopotamus swaddlers. they are the best!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 8, 2011 at 10:25 am #

We are not having a baby shower hence the reason I am buying a lot myself. I will look into those swaddlers, thanks for the info!

6. Health Freak College Girl October 8, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

only 35 degrees?? i would totally be freezing my butt off haha. i consider it to be cold when it’s 60 degrees outside haha

7. Lisa October 9, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

i love oxygen magazine! it’s one of my favorites. I have a whole stack that I just keep collecting and I love going on the website too! and as far as i’m concerned you eat so good for a pregnant woman! i feel like sooo many women feel like, “oh, well i’m pregnant so i can eat anything and everything i want!”. i can’t get over how awesome you look too! and Cameryn is going to look sooo cute in that carseat!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 10, 2011 at 6:32 am #

I have a stack of Oxygen magazines as well! I’m hoping the inspire me after the baby is born! 🙂

I try to eat super healthy Monday-Thursday and then I cut myself a little slack over the weekend days. This has always worked good for me especially since most of my weekend meals are healthy as well!