Just a reminder my I’m without a camera so I’ve been having to use my phone, hence the crummy pics!
Monday night I wanted to make something different for dinner so I decided to make spinach stuffed chicken breasts. The recipe was really easy and turned out delicious. I made a small serving of pasta along with a big green salad to complete our meal. I made only two servings and just cute the recipe in half, but next time will make the full batch so we have have leftovers the following day, plus that way I don’t have 1/2 a tub of ricotta cheese sitting in my fridge.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) container skim ricotta cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained <—I love spinach and doubled the amount this recipe called for
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 jars of spaghetti sauce <—I liked having more sauce as I served the chicken with a side of pasta.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Slit the chicken open on one side for stuffing. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, garlic, eggs and 3/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well and stuff each chicken breast with 1/4 the mixture. Secure with toothpicks (optional). Place stuffed chicken breasts in a lightly greased baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over all the chicken and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on the top. (If you still have some of the spinach mixture left, you can place it around the chicken breasts and then cover with the spaghetti sauce).
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Serve and enjoy! I could only eat half a stuffed chicken breast because they turned out huge!
We really enjoyed this meal. It was warm and comforting and a perfect dish for a fall or winter meal. Since the dish was so easy to prepare and tasted amazing and fresh with all that spinach, we will definitely be making it again soon! Plus, what am I going to do with that 1/2 container of ricotta? I think it is the perfect reason to make it again! 🙂
Onto, Eats Tuesday and Wednesday:
- Breakfast- 1 cup of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer and a thin slice of pumpkin bread + English muffin egg sandwich with cheese and ham an hour later
- AM Snack- Apple and Greek yogurt with honey and almonds
- Lunch- Banana with peanut butter
- PM Snack- Few bites of left over spinach stuffed chicken
- Chicken sausage with salad
- Late Snack- A few handfuls of popcorn
- Breakfast- 1 cup of coffee with pumpkin spice creamer and a thin slice of pumpkin bread + English muffin egg sandwich with cheese and ham
- AM Snack- Apple
- Lunch- Banana with peanut butter
- PM Snack- Greek yogurt with honey and almonds
- Dinner- Spicy chicken sausage pasta with salad
Yesterday, I went to Fry’s grocery store to stock up on Larabars. They are on sale for 10 for $10. While I was there, I decided to buy two mini pumpkins for our kitchen table! They are seriously super cute!
While at Target, I really tried to avoid the candy corn. I walked by it and I could literally smell it. I was happy with myself I didn’t stop to put any in my basket. But, as I walked back up front to check out, I caught a good whiff of it again and somehow ended up with a bag of pumpkins and a bag of candy corn. I’m trying to stay away from sugar as much as I can, but I honestly couldn’t resist. I’m just going to have to use self control around it. So far since yesterday I’ve had 4 pieces of candy corn and one pumpkin. I don’t think Keith was very happy with my purchase. He doesn’t like having any sweet foods in the house except for a bar of dark chocolate. 🙂
Workouts this week have been lifting heavy weight so I can give my left foot a chance to heal before attempting to do any cardio again.
Tuesday’s workout was triceps and biceps. Wednesday’s workout was lifting heavy back and shoulders. I’m definitely sore all through my upper body, but especially in my back! I lifted about 10 reps and anywhere from 4-5 sets of all the exercises I did.
Wednesday’s Outfit of the Day. I had another pics with me smiling, but it didn’t upload properly from the camera so this is best outfit pic I have.
See, told you!
- Leggings- Target
- Boots by Steve Madden (I think) from Dillards
- Sweater Tunic from Dillards
- Bracelet from my Mom! 🙂
Before I go, here is a quick picture of my baby boy! He was helping me label a mailing yesterday! Isn’t he just the cutest thing ever? Quincy turns 11 months old today! Happy 11 month birthday little man!
Well that’s it from me today! Tomorrow I’ll have the workout of the week for you guys! I hope you all enjoy your day! It is almost the weekend! Yay!
- What type of animals do you guys have as pets?
- Do you think your pet is cuter than any other pet out there like I do?
- Have you ever had stuffed chicken breast, of so what type?
- What has been your favorite part of this week so far?