Week 23 Pregnancy Update

19 Oct

How Big is Baby?

09-16-2011 05;41;31AM2

When I went to check to see what vegetable or fruit the baby would be this week, I noticed there were no new updates on thebump.com until week 25.  So basically at this point, according to them, the baby is still about the size of a papaya or in other words BIG!  I read that the baby will be growing 4-6 ounces each week for another couple weeks!  I can’t believe it!  No wonder I’m gaining weight!  🙂

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she’s more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby’s increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won’t faze her when she hears them outside the womb (babycenter.com).

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically, I’m really starting to feel the toll of pregnancy on my body.  I’ve noticed the weight gain everywhere and could tell I have extra cushioning in my backside as I was on the treadmill yesterday.  All my clothes are now tight and shirts that used to be long on me are now short and show my stomach!  My energy has been good this week, but I can start to see a decline.  I’m not as go go go for the whole day and for a couple days this past week almost had a blanket of tiredness over me.  I’m really hoping my energy levels aren’t starting to go down already as I have so much to do before the baby is here.  I’m still working out five days a week and trying to get in 3 yoga sessions a week.  In addition to walking to dog, I can say I fall asleep easy at night.  Sleeping through the night is another story.  With the back pain and my fear of sleeping on my back, I usually wake up about every hour.  I’ll take whatever I need to in order to produce a healthy baby though!

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Emotionally, this week has been stressful.  I feel the baby move a lot on some days and then on others I don’t feel her at all.  This really stresses me out, especially when I don’t feel her for days at a time.  My brain goes crazy until I feel a kick.  I did see the doctor on Friday for my monthly check up and everything was good!  So I know she is fine, but I just worry (I tend to be a huge worrywart).  We were able to listen to her heart beat again, I cherish hearing her little heart beat.  We only heard it for about ten seconds this past appointment, but I’ll take what I can get (the doctor was super busy and behind schedule).  I was measuring small, so the doctor pushed my due date back to February 8th.  I think Keith was secretly happy as Cameryn’s due date is no longer Super Bowl Sunday!  🙂  I’ve been going with the 8th or 11th so having them push my due date back a few days didn’t bother me at all.  Other than being stressed out about the baby not moving, I’m still super excited and can’t believe in a little over 3 months our little peanut will be here!

Odd Ramblings

• Weight Gained:  13-14lbs
  • New Due Date According to the Doctor:  February 8th
  • Weeks Until the Next Ultrasound:  6-8 (it will be 3D and I can’t wait)
  • Cravings:  Pears, salmon
  • Things I Still Can’t Stomach:  White fish
  • Days Until our Next Visitor: 42, my Dad is coming right after Thanksgiving
  • Days Until Keith Turns 30: 1

Week 23 Baby Bump Belly Photos

I don’t really have many since our camera broke and we are still waiting to hear back from Best Buy if they are going to replace it or give us a store credit.  I hate not having a camera!!!

Hello baby bump!  There is no mistaking I’m pregnant now!

2011-10-19 07.33.56 2011-10-19 07.33.47

2011-10-13_09.11.14 2011-10-13_09.11.54

22 Responses to “Week 23 Pregnancy Update”

1. Shanna, like Banana October 19, 2011 at 10:13 am #

Looking great as always Kjirsten!

Once I hit the 3rd tri, I’ve been noticing myself slow down. My belly feels so huge right now and I’m carrying about 18 lbs at 30.5 weeks which is a LOT of weight to tote around on every minute basis 😉

I find myself waking up on my back all the time. It is like heaven! So comfy. I never mean to, but I must naturally roll that way. Meep!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

I swear the belly starts taking on a life of its own! Mine is always in my way I feel!

I agree with laying on the back as being the most comfy position ever!!! I never slept on my back before and now that’s all my body wants! 🙂

2. Kerry October 19, 2011 at 10:24 am #

Aww u look great! You still have a tiny bump!

3. loftyappetite October 19, 2011 at 10:36 am #

My biggest pet peeves revolve around driving. When people don’t use a blinker or when people back into parking spots. Drives me nuts.

• loftyappetite October 19, 2011 at 10:37 am #

oops delete, when i opened your site from my reader it opened this post!

4. La. October 19, 2011 at 11:44 am #

I always end up on my back. My friend DID pass out or something from lying on her back or something because of blood flow, BUT her baby was fine. Energy oh energy…

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 19, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

I read only about 10% of pregnant woman will have something happen if they are laying on their backs and the first thing that will happen to them is that they will get dizzy. None of that has happened to me so I’m probably in the clear, but I still like to avoid my back as much as posisble! 🙂

I can’t wait to have all my energy back! It will feel heavenly!

5. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries October 19, 2011 at 11:50 am #

You looks great and I hope I look like you when I’m pregnant! hihi

I’m sure it’s so hard when the weight starts coming on everywhere on your body, but since you’re in such great shape and are still working out, I know the weight will just fall off of you after you give birth!

Have a great day!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 19, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

Luckily, I’m not to concerned about losing the baby weight once I give birth. I just have a feeling it will be pretty easy to lose and nothing a few disciplined months can’t take care of!

I hope your having a great day as well! 🙂

6. Shayla @ The Good Life October 19, 2011 at 12:00 pm #

You look great girl, and love the baby bump!! And I am such a worry wart as is, I don’t even want to know what I’ll be like once I’m pregnant! I know I’ll be worrying about every lil pain, kick, or lack thereof!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

haha, I think I’m cursing myself with all the worrying! I can’t believe how much I worry about her now and I’m sure it will only get worse once she is here!

7. Heather October 19, 2011 at 12:28 pm #

I’m glad you posted today, I found myself concerned when there was nothing yesterday!! I totally know how you feel about the not kicking thing. I used to get so nervous too but my Dr always said that it was totally normal and as long as I felt him kick the next day. Easy to say when you’re not the one nervous!! But majority of the time, everything’s fine. Btw, I measured small too the entire time, but I carried longer than outward so my bump wasn’t big, even at full term. Looking great as always 😉

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 19, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

I still hadn’t felt her move this morning so over lunch I ran home and tormented her with a flashlight. I read you could shine a flashlight on your stomach to see if you get any movement. To my surprise, she started kicking! I tired this a few days back and got nothing so I was super happy she responded today! It is really hard not to worry especially when you have been feeling movement a lot for days and then just nothing at all for days.

8. Erica October 19, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

I totally remember that feeling when all of my shirts started to not fit…wait until the very end when your pregnancy shirts start to feel a bit short haha. Good times 🙂 You look fantastic! Sleeping stinks! Nap when you can!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 20, 2011 at 6:42 am #

At the gym Keith and I start laughing because my shirt will creep up and expose my lower stomach, not on purpose! I’m always pulling it down!

9. allieksmith October 19, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

I totally understand feeling worried about not getting kicked.. i’m a huge worry wart too and I bet when I’m pregnant one day i’ll worry 24/7 about it! You look great 🙂

10. Lisa October 19, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

looking great as always! and the 3D ultra sounds are SO cool ! you’ll love it! I liked seeing it when my brother and sister and law were parents to be and it’s so awesome 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 20, 2011 at 6:41 am #

We are so excited for that scan! We heard a lot of people say that the baby really does look just like the scan shows when they are born! I’m excited to see who see looks like! 🙂

11. STUFT Mama October 20, 2011 at 2:09 am #

You look great! Funny that you’re craving salmon, but can’t stomach white fish. 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 20, 2011 at 6:39 am #

It is really strange! I could eat salmon every day but a piece of talipa or mahi I can’t even think about let alone look at!