Friday Birthday Recap.

21 Oct

Good afternoon!

This post is getting up much later than I had anticipated as today has turned out to be quite the busy day!

Yesterday, as you all know was Keith’s 30th birthday.  It was a really fin getting to spend most of the day together.  We started out with eating the cake I made for breakfast…A homemade yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting

2011-10-20 07.00.21

I could only eat a few bites, it was that bad.  Although I swear it had potential at one point

2011-10-19 17.18.41 2011-10-19 17.30.44 2011-10-19 17.53.26

Then things started going down hill quickly

2011-10-19 17.58.09 2011-10-19 19.02.36

I ate only half my piece and then felt sick all morning.  I almost had to cancel my first client of the day.  I was feeling that bad.

2011-10-20 07.01.25 2011-10-20 07.09.51

I wont be making any cakes in my near future.  I rather make a boxed cake or even better, just order one from the bakery!

Keith didn’t seem to mind the cake disaster as he was too into his birthday table!2011-10-20 15.00.27

Loved this card my aunt sent him!

2011-10-20 15.01.07

We went to lunch at The Raven Cafe, but of course I forgot to take a pic!  Before heading home, we hit up the local organic grocery store to stock up on birthday dinner items. We came home after that and watched some tube for a bit and took a nap until the dog started barking and woke us up!

Who me?”

2011-10-20 15.01.45

For dinner that evening, the birthday boy requested we grill out burgers.  Like I said, he makes the best!

2011-10-20 19.16.21

I was still pretty full from lunch and someone was more than happy to help my finish my burger and fires!

2011-10-20 07.09.41

On Saturday, we are going to meet up with friends and celebrate Keith’s birthday!  I think we are going out to dinner and then heading back to our place to party!  🙂

I was planning on posting the workout of the week today, but check back tomorrow and I’ll have it up!  I’m off to enjoy the start of my weekend!  I’m thinking about throwing together a batch of banana bread as I have 4 over ripe bananas screaming to use them up!

I’ll see you all tomorrow for a weekend post!

Happy Friday!

Questions:

• Are you good at baking cakes?
  • Any secret baking tips you keep up your sleeve?
  • Do you feed your dog people food?  I always said I wasn’t going to but I can’t resist Quincy’s big brown eyes looking for any bite he can get!

11 Responses to “Friday Birthday Recap.”

1. Erica October 21, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

Whoops! Sounds like a great day (even with the cake issue).

2. Jen@foodfamilyfitness October 22, 2011 at 3:53 am #

I couldn’t bake a cake from scratch if my life depended on it! I leave baking to the professionals…or a box 🙂
    Those burgers DO look good!!! So jealous it’s still grilling season where you are, it’s 45 degrees and falling where I am. Bye bye grill 😦

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 23, 2011 at 6:30 am #

Luckily we can pretty much grill all year long. It has been back in the 80s, but the forecast said it will be in the high 60s in another week! Can’t wait for chilly fall weather!

3. Shayla @ The Good Life October 22, 2011 at 7:26 am #

Oh no I’m sorry to hear about your cake!! I wish I had some tips but like you, I’m all for the box versions or just buying one, nothing wrong with that in my book 😉

Love that photo of Quincy, he’s so cute and I love his smiles. We don’t have a dog (yet!), but I know if I had those puppy dog eyes looking at me I would succumb to giving him people food too!

Glad to hear your hubby had a great birthday and happy weekend girl! 🙂

4. Rachel Starr October 22, 2011 at 2:21 pm #

i say, why bother making a cake from scratch when the box mixes taste so good & are so easy? i will, however, take the time to make my own frosting. canned frosting just doesn’t do it for me 😉

do you have any pre-natal yoga DVD’s you recommend? i’m 22 wks & running is getting to be a bit of a chore…

5. gonstead August 1, 2014 at 4:56 am #

I’m very pleased to discover this web site. I wanted to
    thank yyou ffor onnes time for this fantastic read!!

I definiotely savored every bit of it and i also have you book-marked to look at new stuff on your site.

6. yoga dvd programs February 16, 2015 at 10:46 pm #

The initial, called Sunrise, presents a circulation to energize your system.
    At almost one hour long, this can be a most challenging and frustrating of the sessions.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Weekend Recap- Celebrations and Football « Balanced Healthy Life - October 24, 2011

[…] Birthday Recap […]