Weekend Recap- Celebrations and Football

24 Oct

Good Monday morning to you!

I hope you all took advantage of the weekend and had lots of fun!  If you are just catching up on posts, check out my weekend posts:

This weekend was both busy, yet very relaxing.

Friday night, we stayed home and watched Bad Teacher with Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake.  If you haven’t seen this movie yet, I highly recommend it!  I thought it was super funny and like it a lot more than Bridesmaids.  Since we ate a late lunch of homemade chicken quesadillas for lunch, we just snacked on popcorn for dinner during the movie.

Saturday, was a productive day before meeting up with friends that evening.  I worked out, took the dog for a walk, cleaned the entire house and did prenatal yoga all before heading out for happy hour/an early dinner at 4pm.  Keith and I ordered a few appetizers to share (wings, calamari and a small flatbread)  After we ate, we all came back to our house and hung out watching the college football game Wisconsin vs.. Michigan State.  Did anyone see this game?  It was probably the best ending to a college football game I’ve ever seen!  MSU ended up winning.  I was happy as I almost went to MSU for college!

Sunday, was the most lazy day I’ve had in a long long long time.  Since my 23rd week of pregnancy, I’ve been feeling my energy slipping away a little bit.  I did light chores like a couple loads of laundry, but basically just spent my day putzing around the house and watching football.  Keith and I did go to a bagel shop for breakfast.  We both got breakfast bagel sandwiches and sat outside in the sun.  We also ran to the grocery store and Costco (still out of my fav PB) to finish up morning errands.  We made buffalo chicken sandwiches for dinner randomly and they actually turned out really good.  We finished our night by watching the new Dexter.  Anyone else watching this show?  I absolutely love it!  I can’t wait until next week’s episode!

Olde World Bagels and Market, the new breakfast place we discovered.  It was small, cute and quaint and the service was great!  They let me sample the pumpkin spice cream cheese and it was so good!

2011-10-23 08.38.19

Hers and His

2011-10-23 08.35.39 2011-10-23 08.35.52

Plus an apple cider to share

2011-10-23 08.35.46

2011-10-23 08.43.46

While we were eating outside, I noticed a new hot yoga studio going in a couple shops away.  I’m excited because we don’t have any hot yoga at all in our town, although I’m not sure how much of it I will be doing with an infant at home!  🙂

You will all have to bare with my crappy phone pictures for about another month.  We got word back from Best Buy’s Geek Squad yesterday that our camera is unfixable so we will get a store credit.  Keith and I really want a Cannon Rebel so we are going to wait until the end of November, Black Friday, to see what kind of deals and savings we can get.  Only one more month of using my phone.  We want to get a nicer camera so we can take lots of baby pics once little Cameryn is here!  So one more month of less pics and less than stellar pictures!  I think it will be worth the wait though!

My Workouts from last week were good the ones I did, but I only got three workouts in (2 cardio and one strength) and only one day of prenatal yoga.  I have no reason other than I was lazy.  That’s the honest truth.  This week I’m planning on getting my 5 in this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday and getting in my three days of prenatal yoga.  I can really tell my muscles are stretching a lot with yoga as I’ve been able to get a lot deeper in the poses now.  I’m going to blame my lack of physical activity on Keith’s 30th birthday!  🙂

Questions:

• What was the best part about your weekend?
  • Has anyone seen Bad Teacher?
  • Any good movie recommendations?
  • What are your fitness goals for the week?

15 Responses to “Weekend Recap- Celebrations and Football”

1. Shayla @ The Good Life October 24, 2011 at 7:26 am #

Looks like you had a great weekend! And those bagels looks amazing…there is nothing better than a doughy, ooey, gooey, bagel sandwich 😉

Best part of my weekend was spending it with family for my uncle’s 70th birthday and my baby fever multiplying x 100…little kiddos running around and cuddling them was the absolute best 🙂

Last night we watched Horrible Bosses and though I thought it was funny in the beginning and had high hopes for it, it started to just drag on and lose its humor. I guess we’ll have to see Bad Teacher next!

2. Shanna, like Banana October 24, 2011 at 7:43 am #

That sounds like a lovely weekend!

And I definitely wouldn’t say all those workouts could even qualify as lazy girl! You are preggers! 😉

Best part of my weekend was having family and my bestie in for my baby shower =)

3. ihearteggs October 24, 2011 at 7:53 am #

Love hot yoga!

My fitness goals for the week… get started on a prep plan for my next show!

4. Nicole, RD October 24, 2011 at 11:00 am #

I am very behind on blogs, but I wanted t say congrats on your pregnancy!! How exciting!

I really want to see Bad Teacher! And I did see the MSU/Wisc. game…CRAZY ending! I was very glad MSU won!

5. La. October 24, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

Uh oh, am I doing it wrong???? I totally count my Monday pre.natal workout as a workout! But it doesn’t? I try to workout 6 days a week and then Gooner and I walk to the park just about every day. Eeeep, I am hoping this is enough to make labor a breeze…heh 😉

Pumpkin cream cheese sounds delish!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

I am confused about what you are doing wrong? I think you can count any workouts you do as a workout, I count mine as gym workouts and then prenatal yoga workouts, two different things, but that is just me!

6. cardiopizza October 24, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

I love bagel sandwiches! Such a treat!

Thanks for the movie recommendation, I’ll have to check out Bad Teacher…I’m always unsure of movies with Justin Timberlake…sometimes I can’t take him seriously as actor!

7. Lindsey @ Cardio Pizza October 24, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

I love bagel sandwiches! Such a treat!

8. Erica October 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm #

I want to see that movie!! Looks hilarious! Mmm i havent had a good bagel in so long. I have been trying to make it to hot yoga since k was born…. No such luck yet!

9. Chels October 24, 2011 at 5:53 pm #

I would say you are doing great either way with working out considering you are expecting. Craig and I plan to start trying this Feb. A part of me is very excited, but another part of me is a little weary about how my body will take it 🙂 I plan to continue to work out through most of my term if allows.

10. Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

I haven’t seen Bad Teacher, and I didn’t catch that game. (I’m 0 and 0 here!) I did watch my Tigers play though, and it made me so happy that they’re still undefeated. Love college game day!