Ghosts

27 Oct

*This post is very random!  Just a warning!  🙂

So last night after dinner we sat down on the couch ready to watch some tube.  We didn’t have many items on our DVR and I had already watched the season finale of Rachel Zoe over my lunch break.  I typically don’t like watching anything scary before bed, because as Keith falls asleep in point two seconds flat, I lay awake in bed scared out of my mind.  I pull all the covers up as high as I can, but so I can still breath (just in case a ghost someone tries to touch me) and get too scared to go to the bathroom (just in case a ghost someone is looking back at me in the mirror).  But last night with Halloween around the corner, I agreed it would be a good idea to watch an episode of Ghost Hunters.  We watched one episode and the team had a lot of activity which I loved seeing, but it also made me fearful.  It was dark out when we decided to watch a second episode.  The episode had Meredith Vieira in it so I figured how bad could it be (love her).  About 15 minutes into the show, Keith asked if I was doing ok.  I told him I was fine, but he totally called me out on being scared out of my mind.  Needless to say, we turned the episode off, with the intention of watching it today during the daylight with all the lights on in the house.

Each Halloween the investigators from Ghost Hunters pick one of their top locations and host a Halloween special and do a live investigation.  For years we have watched this and I usually have a few glasses of wine along with it so falling asleep isn’t so bad.  But this year with a baby girl in my belly and no wine to be had, I’m already finding myself a little nervous of watching the show.  As you can tell, I’m not good with scary things.  Hunted houses give me heart attacks and there is no way in heck I would go see any of the paranormal movies.  Yet, at the same time, I always find myself attracted to paranormal shows on TV.  I know I really shouldn’t watch, but I just can’t help myself!  Since it is Halloween and being spooked out of your mind is part of the fun, I guess I’ll give it a shot!  If your interested in getting spooked out on Halloween, I highly recommend checking out Jay and Grant’s Ghost Hunters on the Sci Fy channel!

Have I mentioned that I once went ghost hunting?  I stayed in a haunted hotel room where a woman starved herself and her cat until they both died.  I’ll never be the same after that experience and think I retired as a ghost hunter after it as well.  Once again, Keith was the brave one and I had to have a martini or two to even step foot in our room in the dark.

We found this in the hotel room closet, creepy right?

IMG_1101

The room was really tiny and had knick knacks all over the place!IMG_1038

The binder contained all the alleged things that had happened to hotel guests in the haunted room.  I could only read a few stories until I was questioning what we were getting ourselves into.

IMG_1021

Enough of the spooky Halloween ghost talk, lets get onto eats and workouts!

Eats from Tuesday and Wednesday:

Tuesday:

• Breakfast-  1 cup of coffee with creamer and 1 small slice of banana bread  + an Ezekiel English muffin with egg, cheese and ham
  • Am Snack-  1 honey crisp apple
  • Lunch-  Greek yogurt with honey, almonds and chia seeds
  • PM Snack-  Peanuts in shells
  • Dinner- Deconstructed jambalaya lasagna
  • After Dinner Snack- Candy cane green tea

Wednesday:

• Breakfast-  1 cup of coffee with an Ezekiel English muffin sandwich with egg, cheese and ham
  • Am Snack-  Coconut Cream Pie Larabar
  • Am Snack #2-  2 small granny smith apples
  • Lunch-  Greek yogurt with honey, almonds and chia seeds
  • PM Snack-  Popcorn and peanuts in shells
  • Dinner-  Shrimp taco and salad

I felt like I ate a lot yesterday but I was so hungry.  I was planning on having my shrimp on my salad but when Keith asked if I wanted to make my shrimp into a small taco, I was totally on board!  I think my hunger had to do with my awesome cardio workout and not having a slice of banana bread before my real breakfast!  🙂

Workouts this week have been good so far.  For Tuesday’s workout, I did an upper body strength day in the gym including 21 minutes of cardio in the mix as well.  In the afternoon, before the nausea set in, I did prenatal yoga.  Wednesday’s workout was 45 minutes of cardio.  I did 20 on the treadmill (walking and incline walking) and 25 minutes on the elliptical.  In the afternoon, I walked the hyper as heck dog as well, in the rain.  It was actually really refreshing.

Today I plan on getting everything organized for next month.  I want to plan out our meals (Keith is still requesting chili), budget for the month and start thinking about what we are going to do for Thanksgiving.  Right now I feel like my life is completely out of order and I’m actually looking forward to feeling like I’m on top of everything.  I’m definitely one to get things done way in advanced.  I think I keep my sanity in tact that way!  🙂

Also after work, I plan on taking Quincy for a walk, doing prenatal yoga and then taking a warm bath.  Last night I barely slept a wink since my back was bothering me so much.  I did an extra long warm up in the gym this morning to help increase some blood flow to that area as well as working core, legs and then doing the back extension machine to try and stretch it out.  If this keeps up, I’m not sure how I’ll get through the next three months!  But looking on the bright side, it would only be for another three months!

That’s it for now!  I would post some food pics but didn’t bring my phone cord to upload them to my computer!  I hope you all have a great Thursday!!!

Questions:

• Do you believe in Ghosts?
  • Do you scare easily?
  • Are you a huge fan of Halloween?
  • Do you ever watch any of the paranormal movies or TV shows?

26 Responses to “Ghosts”

1. Shanna, like Banana October 27, 2011 at 11:52 am #

Oh my goodness, I would *freak* out if I saw that dress in a hotel room. So very creepy!

I like to be scared, but then always regret it when I have nightmares several nights in a row. You’d think I’d learn 😉

PS Loved watching the Rachel Zoe show this season!!!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 27, 2011 at 3:40 pm #

The dress was really creepy! It was so old looking too!

Loved Rachael Zoe as well! Did her season seem really short to you? I couldn’t believe it was already the finale! I loved her and Roger’s conversation in the kitchen when she was making him a pb&j English muffin! I thought it was hilarious!

2. Erica October 27, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

Oh my gosh! I could never stay in a haunted hotel room! A shrimp taco sounds awesome right now!

3. Jenny October 27, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

All of that ghost stuff intrigues me but no way would I go stay in a haunted room!! I “accidentally” stayed in a haunted hotel once with my now fiance and when he told me that it was supposedly haunted once we were already there I was so creeped out!

4. marissa October 27, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

fun post! Ha, I used to be able to watch scary movies and enjoy it, now that I have kids…I can’t watch anything, I’m a complete WUSS! Not sure what happened to me, because I used to enjoy a good scary movie, now I can barely watch the previews!!!

5. Shayla @ The Good Life October 27, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

Wow wow, that is sooo creepy!! I seriously got chills reading about your ghost hunting story…and I would definitely need a drink or two to go through that – eek!

I love all things spooky and am so intrigued by it all, but like you, don’t know why I do it to myself because for hours afterwards I can’t stop thinking about it and am afraid I’ll see someone through the mirrors! You’re smart in staying away from the Paranormal Activity movies, I saw the first one and was creeped out for seriously the whole entire night…like you I couldn’t get out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom! 😉

• Shayla @ The Good Life October 27, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

P.S. I love that you’re adding chia seeds to your yogurt…I still got mine going on in my smoothies 😉

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 27, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

I hate when I need to go to the bathroom but am too scared to get out of bed! I don’t know why we put ourselves through that!

6. Heather October 27, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

I love this post! I’m like you, ghost stories scare the heck out of me but I love watching them and hearing about them. When I lived in MA, I went on a few ghost tours which were fun and always love going to Salem where the Witch Trials took place! I LOVE ghost hunters. Is it weird that I find Jay oddly attractive?!?!

7. allieksmith October 27, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

Ahhh! That dress would scare me a bit!! I get scared super easily though 🙂

8. purelyemily October 27, 2011 at 4:33 pm #

I absolutely love that show!!! Some of the episodes are really scary! That dress would terrify me. I’d be out of that.

9. Chels October 27, 2011 at 5:08 pm #

I love Halloween and it is even better when you get to teach eight year olds because you re-live the experience all over again (parties, candy, parades, costumes). I do love Halloween, put the dressing up part always stresses me out every year because I had dropping money on something I usually only wear once.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 28, 2011 at 7:12 pm #

I haven’t had an actual Halloween costume in years. We usually just hang out at home so we don’t see the point in spending money on something we don’t need. I used to love dressing up for it though when I was younger!

10. Jen@foodfamilyfitness October 28, 2011 at 3:33 am #

I can’t watch any of that stuff, scares me so bad I can’t sleep! The stupid previews for the paranormal activity movie scare the stuff out of me, I have to turn off the TV.

11. Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 28, 2011 at 9:32 am #

I freak out easily too. I’m such a wuss. As for Halloween, I like it, but it’s not even close to my favorite holiday. I put Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Cinco de Mayo, and St Patty’s Day all before it.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 28, 2011 at 7:14 pm #

I love Christmas and 4th of July so much!!! I used to love Halloween as a kid and still love it minus the scary stuff! I love carving pumpkins!

12. Healthy Coconut October 28, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

My husband watches that show…I’ll watch along with him but when it gets too intense for me I’ll just close my eyes and ask him to describe what is happenning, lol! I guess hearing it is not as bad as seeing the actual scary stuff.

Have you seen the previews for the movie Paranormal Activity? omg. so scary for me. I always try to change the channel.

I’m with you, we’ll stick to watching scary stuff during the daylight and with all the lights on.

Fun story about the real life ghost hunting…you’re brave to do that.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 28, 2011 at 7:09 pm #

I have seen the previews and I get so scared! I try not to look and pay attention to them. My husband keeps begging me to see them but I wont give in! I need my sleep more!

Watching something scary during the day with the lights on still spooks me out, but I know I’ll be doing a lot of other things before bed so I wont have paranormal things on my mind at night!