Happy Halloween!

31 Oct

Happy Halloween!!!

I love Halloween, I really really do.  I think it stems from childhood when I could escape into a character and become whoever I wanted to be for the day.  Not to mention the endless amount of candy that comes along with it and the highs and lows of sugar rushes.

Lets take a little walk down memory lane, shall we?

2007- Our first year in Arizona in our first house together

I’m not sure what Keith was for Halloween, but I think he was a giant pumpkin!

471 483 531 492507 506

2008- In our second home we’ve had together during our second year in Arizona.

Once again, I have no clue what Keith was.  I think this is the last year we dressed up, I think I know why now…

DSCN2969

I was a bunny!  I love costume with ears and face paint.  Their cheap and quick to throw on!

DSCN2973

2009-  Our third year in Arizona, still in our second home

We accidently erased all our pictures on our camera and were left with only a couple shots of our pumpkins.  Keith’s is first, mine is second.  Clearly we know who carves better pumpkins!

001 003

2010-  Our fourth Halloween in Arizona together and in our third home

My pumpkin is the one with ears!  I love decorating our entry way for the kiddos!  I also love seeing the little kids costumes!

SAM_1327SAM_1326

SAM_1309  SAM_1352

I had a CD playing outside with spooky Halloween music blaring!  It was awesome!

We decided to carve pumpkins tonight and I can’t wait to see what my pumpkin turns out like!  Every year I have so much fun creating a fun one!  I always have a vision in my mine and my pumpkin ends up totally different from what I planned out!  🙂

Looking back on the past four years I’ve realized the most I’ve dressed up has been putting on cat/bunny ears.  I’m thinking next year I need to go all out and really have a fabulous costume!  Or maybe I’ll skip the costume yet again and just dress up my little peanut who will be about 7-8 months!

Questions:

• Do you get a lot of kids stopping by where you live?
  • Did you carve a pumpkin this year?
  • What do you do with your leftover Halloween candy?
  • What do you most look forward to about Halloween?

22 Responses to “Happy Halloween!”

1. loftyappetite October 31, 2011 at 7:56 am #

what a fun walk down memory lane! I didn’t dress up this year either. It was cold and snowy here in DC! This is our first Halloween in our new place, so I don’t know if we’ll have trick or treaters, but i really hope so!!!
    Next year you should do themed costumes with your new baby! Do you read the blog, Pink Pistachio? If not, you need to check out today’s halloween costume post with her lil family, it’s beyond adorable!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 31, 2011 at 8:09 am #

I’m totally going to check out the pinkpistachio blog! It would be cute and fun to do themed costumes next year! I hope you guys get little kids at your door!

2. Erica October 31, 2011 at 7:57 am #

Wow! Yall make awesome pumpkins! We get a tonnn of kids. I have 5 costco bags of candy

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life October 31, 2011 at 8:08 am #

I bought one bag of Costco candy and I’m guess the last kids we get will hit the candy jackpot and we unload all the rest of the candy on him/her!

3. Shanna, like Banana October 31, 2011 at 8:45 am #

The pumpkin with the candy corn teeth is awesome! So creative…I’d probably eat all the teeth though ;-P

Oh and I love your 2007 hair color — it’s fabulous!

4. purelyemily October 31, 2011 at 8:55 am #

What a cute pumpkin! So creative! My family lives way out in the countryside so we never get trick-or-treaters:( I’m always sure to visit my aunt that lives in a subdivision with tons of trick or treaters, I can’t miss all the little ones in costume! So cute!

5. Lisa@HealthyDiaries October 31, 2011 at 9:05 am #

Your pumpkin was awesome this year! We didn’t carve our pumpkins this year and we didn’t dress up! lol Pretty boring if you ask me!

6. Shayla @ The Good Life October 31, 2011 at 9:25 am #

I love seeing all your past Halloween’s – so fun! And you’re so cute in your costumes – I think cat/bunny ears and face makeup are the best costumes!! 😉

P.S. I love your new header! Very cute! 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 1, 2011 at 9:53 am #

Thanks! I needed to change things up around here and since I haven’t had a glass of wine since basically April, my wine header didn’t fit me anymore!

7. Amy October 31, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

I love dressing up for halloween this is the first year I haven’t even though I bought a costume. Your costumes are adorable.
    Since we moved into a condo last year we get no trick or treaters, I’m so bumed!!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 1, 2011 at 9:47 am #

A few years ago we had no trick or treaters! I was so bummed out! We still hardly get any, but I’ll take what I can get!

8. allieksmith October 31, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

This post is so festive! Love it! I also love the picture of your house with the decorations up the driveway 🙂

9. Maren October 31, 2011 at 1:50 pm #

I’m obsessed with carving pumpkins. I usually carve around 10 and hand out candy, it’s the highlight of my year. Totally bummed out that I’m missing it this year.

Y’all are awesome pumpkin carvers by the way. Totally epic jack-o-lanters.

10. andee layne November 1, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

You look adorable and love the pumpkins! Im 19 weeks so love having another prego blogger! Seems like we have a lot in common! Im a fashion and health nut too! look forward to more posts xoox

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 2, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

Congrats on your pregnancy! Are you finding out if you are having a boy or girl? It does seem like we have a lot in common, I’m excited to check out your blog!

11. Healthy Coconut November 2, 2011 at 7:11 am #

Wow, you guys really carve pumpkins well. Do you use stencils? Even on my best days, I don’t think my pumpkins looked that good.

I wondered if you guys watched the Ghost Hunter live show?

Hope the laptop will be fix soon. Hang in there.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 2, 2011 at 1:35 pm #

I love carving pumpkins. Keith didn’t carve his this year, but mine turned out awesome! 🙂 We used stencils on the picture pumpkins, but not on the pumpkins with faces.

We did watch Ghost Hunters Live, but we actually didn’t enjoy it and ended up watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. We thought there were too many adds for upcoming shows and they didn’t really focus too much on the investigation.

The laptop is garbage. I need to get another one soon and in the meantime, use Keiths!