How Big is Baby?
She is getting big, no?
According to thebump.com, the baby is still the size of an eggplant. Here are a few other tidbits I found:
- Her eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open.
- And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
- She’s getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
- She’s taking breaths, too. They’re of amniotic fluid, not air, but it’s still good practice.
According to babycenter.com,
The network of nerves in your baby’s ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner’s as you chat with each other. He’s inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he’s born and takes that first gulp of air. And he’s continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you’re having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
How I’m Feeling Physically
Physically, I felt good during week 26. Nothing to out of the ordinary. I was a little more tired than usual over the weekend, but I think that is to be expected. Another slight thing I noticed was the swelling of my feet after a long day of moving around and being busy. I also noticed that if I have a great workout in the gym, I can expect to get to bed earlier than usual. I’ve been getting tired after my sweat sessions. My belly continues to grow and I’m amazed at how big it is. I can’t imagine what it will look like in three months as I think it is huge now!
How I’m Feeling Emotionally
Last week, I felt great. Besides being overly excited to meet our little princess, I am getting anxious to go to our next prenatal appointment. We go next week, which will be five weeks from our last appointment, so I can’t wait to hear her little heartbeat again! I’m also more than ready to get my gestational diabetes testing over with and to book our 3D ultrasound either at 30 or 32 weeks! I can’t wait to see what our little baby looks like! I believe starting at our next appointment, we go in every two weeks until week 36, when we switch to going in once a week. As I type this, I am in week 27 and can’t believe that I’m in my last week of second trimester. Where is the time going? I’m really thankful we have the holidays to distract us until January as I think it will help move the third trimester along nicely!
- Weight Gained so Far: 16lbs
- Days Until our Next Appointment: 7
- Days Until Quincy Turns 1: 3
- Days Until Quincy Gets Neutered: 4
- Workouts so far this Week: 2 (cardio and upper body weights)
- Cravings: Mostly healthy eats. I’ve been loving breakfast! Also nuts. I can’t get enough almond butter and really need to buy more peanut butter. I’ve been eating peanuts in the shell to satisfy my peanut butter craving!
- Days until Due Date: 91
Week 26 Baby Bump Pictures
Week 4 for comparison: