Week 26 Pregnancy Update- English Cucumber

9 Nov

How Big is Baby?

She is getting big, no?

Baby, fetus at 26 weeks - BabyCenter

According to thebump.com, the baby is still the size of an eggplant. Here are a few other tidbits I found:

• Her eyes are forming, and his eyes will soon start to open.
  • And her eyelashes are now grown, too.
  • She’s getting her immune system ready for life on the outside by soaking up your antibodies.
  • She’s taking breaths, too. They’re of amniotic fluid, not air, but it’s still good practice.

According to babycenter.com,

The network of nerves in your baby’s ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner’s as you chat with each other. He’s inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he’s born and takes that first gulp of air. And he’s continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you’re having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically, I felt good during week 26.  Nothing to out of the ordinary.  I was a little more tired than usual over the weekend, but I think that is to be expected.  Another slight thing I noticed was the swelling of my feet after a long day of moving around and being busy.  I also noticed that if I have a great workout in the gym, I can expect to get to bed earlier than usual.  I’ve been getting tired after my sweat sessions.  My belly continues to grow and I’m amazed at how big it is.  I can’t imagine what it will look like in three months as I think it is huge now!

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Last week, I felt great.  Besides being overly excited to meet our little princess, I am getting anxious to go to our next prenatal appointment.  We go next week, which will be five weeks from our last appointment, so I can’t wait to hear her little heartbeat again!  I’m also more than ready to get my gestational diabetes testing over with and to book our 3D ultrasound either at 30 or 32 weeks!  I can’t wait to see what our little baby looks like!  I believe starting at our next appointment, we go in every two weeks until week 36, when we switch to going in once a week.  As I type this, I am in week 27 and can’t believe that I’m in my last week of second trimester.  Where is the time going?  I’m really thankful we have the holidays to distract us until January as I think it will help move the third trimester along nicely!

Random Tidbits

• Weight Gained so Far:  16lbs
  • Days Until our Next Appointment:  7
  • Days Until Quincy Turns 1:  3
  • Days Until Quincy Gets Neutered:  4
  • Workouts so far this Week:  2 (cardio and upper body weights)
  • Cravings:  Mostly healthy eats.  I’ve been loving breakfast!  Also nuts.  I can’t get enough almond butter and really need to buy more peanut butter.  I’ve been eating peanuts in the shell to satisfy my peanut butter craving!
  • Days until Due Date: 91

Week 26 Baby Bump Pictures

Week 4 for comparison:

2011-11-09 08.00.272011-11-09 08.00.522011-11-09 08.00.202011-11-07 08.51.29

2011-11-08 15.12.36

18 Responses to “Week 26 Pregnancy Update- English Cucumber”

1. Shanna, like Banana November 9, 2011 at 8:57 am #

Can I just say that I love that you include Quincy stats in there too? 😉 So very cute!

Your bump is beautiful and believe me, it will continue to grow. I noticed a huge growth spurt from 28-32 weeks — it was a little nuts!

You look great, are healthy, and seem oh so happy. Love!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 9, 2011 at 10:19 am #

I need to include Quincy stats, he is afterall my first born! 🙂

I feel like I just had a major growth spourt and was hoping that the next month I wouldn’t grow so much! I’m going to need bigger clothes again soon if I keep growing! 🙂

2. allieksmith November 9, 2011 at 9:04 am #

I’m so glad your little princess is growing and doing swell and so are you! You look great 🙂

3. sweetlyvegan November 9, 2011 at 11:55 am #

yea you look amazing!!! I hope I am as tiny as you when I am that far along!!! And like you said, at 26 weeks the baby is getting quite big!! Looks like all your working out and healthy eats is really paying off 🙂
    Are you going somewhere special to get your 3D or does your regular doctor offer that?
    I feel very tired every night at about 10pm, and crawling into bed is like my favorite thing ever!! The sleep in the second trimester for me has been sooo much better! Did you notice that too? xox

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 9, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

If we keep all of our prenatal appointments, our doctor offers us a free 3d scan. I don’t know what anyone wouldn’t keep their appointments so I’m really looking forward to it. I can’t wait to see what the baby is going to look like. Our friends who used the same doctor showed us their pictures and their little girl looked just like the pics! You could even tell which parent she looked like!

I’m with you on bed time being my favorite part of the day. I start crashing hard around 5-6pm and am usually sleeping by 9pm! I had no problem sleeping in the first trimester but have found starting at week 20 my sleep started becoming not so great. I’ve had the worst back pain and it makes it really difficult to sleep most nights. Hopefully you wont get any back pain, it is not fun!

4. Erica November 9, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

yayyyy! You look awesome! I used to look SO forward to every appointment. Hearing the heart beat is truly heaven. So excited for you!

5. purelyemily November 9, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

Glad you’re doing well. You look incredible. 3-d ultrasounds are so cool, I’m glad you’re able to have one!

6. JessSutera November 9, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

You look so good and healthy and vibrant! Love it!

7. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 9, 2011 at 2:38 pm #

How fun!!! I love seeing the baby bump comparisons along the way. Can’t wait till my baby bump grows as big as yours. You’re adorable!

The 3D ultra sound is going to be so awesome I bet.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 11, 2011 at 11:06 am #

Your’s will get there soon! I remember waiting and waiting for my bump to show and I can’t believe it is here. I have no idea where it came from!

8. cardiopizza November 9, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

What a beautiful baby bump!! 🙂 You look great!

And nutbutters – not a bad craving!

9. Maren November 9, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

How exciting! I can’t imagine having something that big inside of me. 91 days and counting!