Weeknight Recap- Thursday

10 Nov

What a busy day!

Hey guys!  I’m just stopping in to let you know my good intentions to blog today just didn’t happen.  I’ll post my holiday post tomorrow when I have some spare time to spend writing it!  I also can’t wait to catch up with you all via comments!But for today, you’ll have to settle for just my weeknight recap!  Smile

Today looked something like this:  workout, work, take puppy out and eat lunch, race to a hair appointment, walk dog, finalize nursery plans and order furniture (this took me forever because I had to research for furniture to make absolutely sure we were ordering the right stuff), clean house up, laundry and dinner.  Lets just say I’m super stoked it’s Friday tomorrow!  TGIF!!!

Workout

This morning we were up and in the gym very first thing.  I did 45 minutes of cardio split between the treadmill (walking and incline walking) and the elliptical (arc trainer).  Time flew the first half of the workout but then dragged on the second half.  Luckily I had brought in a holiday magazine to read and looking at all the fun decorations and food helped.

Eats

Eats from today were the standard.

• Breakfast-  (pre workout) 1 scoop almond butter (post workout) 1 cup of coffee with creamer, 1/2 banana and an Ezekiel English muffin sandwich with tomato, egg and cheese
  • AM Snack-  Banana and Larabar
  • Lunch-  Greek yogurt with chia seeds, honey and almond butter
  • PM Snack-  Whey protein mixed with water and peanuts in shells
  • Dinner-  Small steak and a baked potato
  • Late Snack-  Hot chocolate and possibly a few handfuls of popcorn <- I still haven’t had this, I just guessing this is what I’ll be having!

Lunch- this is the only food pic I took today!

2011-11-10 12.07.10

I did however take two other pictures for your enjoyment:

Cute socks one of my fabulous clients bought for baby Cameryn!  I can’t look at them without smiling and giggling because I just keep picturing how cute the baby is going to be wearing these!

1320947264865

Quincy on his walk today, he poses well…

2011-11-10 14.55.09

Sorry this is such a short post, but I’m ready to start unwinding from the day and hopefully get to bed early!

See you all tomorrow!

Questions:

• What days are typically your busiest?
  • Do you love funny pictures of your animals as much as I do?

10 Responses to “Weeknight Recap- Thursday”

1. purelyemily November 10, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

Oh my goodness, those socks are adorable!

2. Heather November 11, 2011 at 8:14 am #

Those socks are sooo cute! I had socks like that for Luke but they were little Converse sneakers!! I love mini things so I melt everytime I see baby stuff. And dogs… They have my heart too!!

3. Brooke Stately November 11, 2011 at 11:21 am #

What is this almond butter you love so much?

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 11, 2011 at 11:35 am #

haha! I usually eat peanut butter but since we ran out and Costco no longer carries the kind I like. So, I’ve been on an almond butter kick. I like eating it for the protein and fiber along with the taste. Not to mention all the healthy fats it has. It is high in calories so it is an easy way for me to keep my caloires up (with the baby and everything). It also masks the sour flavor of Greek yogurt and gives it an amazing texture and is a quick an easy snack if I need something quick (like in the morning before I workout)!

4. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat November 11, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

Adorable socks! My pup will pose right until I take the photo, then inevitably moves.

5. Brooke November 11, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

Ok ok. I love Greek yogurt, I usually buy peach or honey flavored. I have been on a Nutella kick lately, (alone no yogurt or bread) maybe I should try almond butter.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 14, 2011 at 10:27 am #

I’ve never had nutella but have heard it is sooooooo good! I always see it at Costco in big jars and am always tempted to buy it!