Week 27 Pregnancy Update- Cauliflower

16 Nov

Wow, I can’t believe I’m in my third trimester!  Week 27 was my last week of second trimester.  It is crazy to think that in as little as 10 weeks, baby Cameryn could be safely born and in my arms.  I wont lie, I would love for her to come during my 38th week!  : )  Not any sooner though, I want to make sure she is fully developed before she makes her grand entrance into this world!  I am loving the fact that third trimester is two weeks shorter than the second trimester I just finished up!

How Big is Baby?

Baby, fetus at 27 weeks - BabyCenter

According to BabyCenter.com,

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She’s sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby’s brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don’t bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

How I’m Feeling Physically

I am feeling really good this week.  Towards the end of week 27, I noticed a huge increase in the amount of baby movements.  I typically would feel the baby the most at night when I would wake up and be laying in bed.  Just in the past few days, I noticed her moving during the day a lot.  It is a weird feeling to be standing talking with someone or checking out at the grocery store and feeling your stomach getting kicked.  I’m also feeling her rolling around in there as well.  It is very easy to tell her moving positions versus her kicks.  She is loving curling up under my right rib a lot lately.  Keith and I also play Where’s Waldo Cameryn, where we try to rub my stomach and try to figure out exactly how she is positioned in my stomach.  I find it so cute when I come across a knobby knee or elbow.  She is also starting to really respond to Keith’s voice.  He will talk to her closely by my stomach and she will start kicking.  It is the cutest thing ever!!!  She put on quite the show last night as she was having her own dance party and both Keith and I enjoyed every minute of it.  She was going crazy for a good ten minutes before she decided to settle down.  I love when Keith gets the opportunity to really feel her moving around in there.  Most of the time I will tell him she is moving and my the time he gets his hand on my stomach, she has stopped.  Other than all the fun exciting movements, my energy was great in week 27 and I’m looking forward to week 28 being just as fun!

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Emotionally I’m doing really good.  I’m starting to get a little nervous to give birth but the more I read and educate myself the better off I’ll be.  I really need to do a little bit more deep breathing to prepare my mind.  I’m starting to get a fear of needing to have a c-section.  The thought of being strapped to a hospital table is enough to give me anxiety.

I did get a huge stress relief when we placed our order for her nursery.  We ordered the following:

• Crib
  • Mattress
  • Bedding
  • Extra fitted sheet
  • Waterproof mattress pad
  • Dresser
  • Topper for the dresser
  • Glider and ottoman
  • Bassinet
  • Changing pad
  • Changing pad cover
  • Pillow for the glider

And we finally got our whole stroller situation solved.  I think we should have most of our purchases by Christmas as a few of the things were on back order.  I’m so excited!  I can’t wait to see how her nursery comes together.

Random Tidbits

• Days until Due Date:  84
  • Total Weight Gained:  16-17lbs
  • Days Until our Next Appointment:  1
  • Days Until our 3D Ultrasound:  Possibly around 15
  • Cravings:  Blueberries  & peanut butter <—I need to buy some ASAP
  • Workouts so far the Week:  2 + prenatal yoga
  • Days Until Quincy’s Free of his Cone Head:  4-5
  • Strangers Talking About my Belly:  1, a guy in Pet Smart  <—It was a little odd

Week 27 Baby Bump Pictures

*No belly pics yet, but I’ll add some this afternoon.  I don’t have my phone cord to transfer them right now!*

Week 27 1Week 27

25 Responses to “Week 27 Pregnancy Update- Cauliflower”

1. Erica November 16, 2011 at 11:13 am #

I know I say this every week- but you look fabulous. Whoop whoop to you! I was totally terrified to a c section, so I feel your anxiety. You will do great regardless- I know it 🙂

2. Soo @ Little Miss Fitness November 16, 2011 at 11:14 am #

I literally was just thinking I needed to check in at how you’re doing! 🙂 Is it ever crazy that a baby is inside of you?! I am so excited for baby C to meet her amazing mama!

You rock, K!

3. Shanna, like Banana November 16, 2011 at 11:22 am #

That happens to me too! When I tell Zach that Sawyer is kicking/rolling,he’ll put his hands on my belly and he stops. Does this mean Sawyer is a mama’s boy? 😉

Oddly I am becoming more at peace with birth, which is so unlike me. I have no idea what these hormones must be doing! haha.

Lookin’ great!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 17, 2011 at 11:07 am #

haha, possibly! We both might have mama’s boy/girls on our hands! 🙂

I’m pretty comfortable with natural birth, it is just the unexpected c-section that might have me in a panic attack. I just can’t stand being stuck somewhere, but if I do need a c-seciton I know it will all go smoothly! I’ll have ot put myself into some sort of deep meditation! 🙂

4. purelyemily November 16, 2011 at 12:47 pm #

So cute that she is starting to recognize Keith’s voice!

5. Jen@foodfamilyfitness November 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm #

You look so great!!! With birth, the best thing you can do is prepare yourself for anything and everything, have an open mind and let your body do what it’s designed to do 🙂 One way or another, she will come out!

6. Heather B November 16, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

Yay, you’re in the home stretch! Glad you’re feeling good. She is probably so active because you have been the entire time! My sister always says that Luke is so active now because I ran and worked out my entire pregnancy. Now everytime I get frustrated, I think of that and can’t blame him!! It’s awesome though!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 17, 2011 at 11:04 am #

haha! I did read in a magazine recently that the more active the mother was during the pregnancy (exercising) the more active the child will be! I think they are doing studies on it right now!

7. allieksmith November 16, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

It must be so, SO cool to feel your baby kick and feel her respond to Keith! That is awesome 🙂

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 17, 2011 at 11:03 am #

I always thought I would be a little weirded out by it, but it truly is the most amazing feeling in the world. I can’t even put into words how much I love feeling her rolling and kicking around in there!

8. Lisa@HealthyDiaries November 16, 2011 at 2:55 pm #

How exciting to be in your 3rd trimester now! I bet the time will fly by and before you know it she’ll be here! I can’t imagine how nervous it is to think about giving birth, but I would definitely concentrate on preparing your mind because I’ve heard that’s really important. Glad to hear your feeling better too! 🙂

9. Shayla @ The Good Life November 16, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

You look so great girly! Wow 3rd trimester already?! Time is flying by so fast! And that is just so precious hearing you speak about the kicking and Keith feeling her move and her responding to his voice – makes my heart melt! I think that’s one of the number one things I look forward to most once I’m pregnant 🙂

10. Marissa November 17, 2011 at 10:07 am #

Yay, third trimester and you look and feel great 🙂

You made a big nursery order!!! I love all that baby stuff, so exciting!!!

11. La. November 22, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

The closer I get the more I think about birth! Ahhhhhhhhhh. It will be wonderful…when it’s all over! I get worried about c-section in that you don’t get to hold your baby right away and that would make me so sad! You look great!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 22, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

Thanks! We are both getting closer!!! 🙂

I would be so sad if I didn’t get to hold Cameryn right away, I hoping to avoid a c-section at all costs, but in the end if I need to have one, I’ll just have to roll with the punches and try not to get too worked up!

• Jen@foodfamilyfitness November 23, 2011 at 4:37 am #

Just a little info; I had all 3 of mine by c-section (first two emergency, third by necessity) and was able to hold all 3 of them in the operating room as they were closing me up and as we were wheeled back to our room.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 23, 2011 at 6:51 am #

Good to know! I think I am so scared of the c-section beccause I don’t want to be stuck on a table and not being able to move. I’m a little bit of a control freak so getting cut open just doesn’t sound as nice as laying in a hospital bed pushing. It is funny because before I got pregnant I was positive I wanted to have an elective c-section. My doctor even said she would do one, but over the course of my pregnancy so far I’ve totally changed my mind!