Another Holiday Recipe(Cinnamon Caramel Rolls) and a quick Wednesday Recap

17 Nov

Happy Thursday folks!

I’m so happy you guys liked and could relate to my post from Tuesday morning about pressures.  If you haven’t already read it, I suggest checking it out.

Before we get to the holiday recipe, I wanted to recap Wednesday since I didn’t get around to posting last night.  Our glider showed up at our door and I was all for putting that together rather then typing out a post!  Smile

2011-11-16 19.35.13

Not my typically style at all, reminds me of something you might find in a nursing home, but the baby’s room is too small for the chair looking type glider.  We could move her to another larger room, but I’m a selfish Mom and want her as close to our master bedroom as possible!  This glider is comfortable and will match her room great.  Were happy and it will do the trick!

2011-11-16 20.00.44

Other items that just arrived:

The stroller is back and working!  Yay!2011-11-16 20.01.12

And, her bassinet.  We were thisclose to ordering her a traditional bassinet from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child, but after thinking about it, we didn’t want to spend a small fortune on something she will probably use for 6-8 weeks.  It didn’t make sense.  After doing some research online, I found this co-sleeper (meaning you can attach it right to your bed if you wish) by Arm’s Reach.  It had awesome reviews.  The only problem is how big it is!  I was expecting it to be half the size!  O-well, I guess you live and you learn.  I told my Mom Cameryn will have an easy transition from the BIG bassinet to her BIG crib, hopefully.  And, if we have twins at any point the co-sleep we bought is twin approved!  Smile

2011-11-16 20.01.31

*Note, the co-sleeper has a mini version that I would recommend for Mom’s looking for something other than the traditional wicker looking baby bassinet.  It also had great reviews and would probably feel more cozy to a baby.*

Wednesday Workout

I did an upper body workout in the gym and it felt so good.  I’m actually pretty sore today and I love it.  I worked my triceps, biceps, shoulders and back.

I thought about doing prenatal yoga, but just didn’t have it in me yesterday.

Wednesday Eats

• Breakfast-  black coffee, 1/2 banana, Ezekiel English muffin with egg, cheese and tomato
  • Am Snack-  2 small apples  and a Cliff Mojo bar
  • Lunch-  Greek yogurt with almond butter, honey and chia seeds
  • PM Snack-  Chips and Greek yogurt dip

Dinner

2011-11-16 17.33.36

Holiday Recipes

Last week, I shared with you two recipes we will be having on Thanksgiving (pumpkin dip and roasted garlic mashed potatoes).  This week I have the most amazing cinnamon and caramel sticky bun recipe.  These rolls are out of this world and I love going home to visit my family in Minnesota because I know my Mom will always have a fresh pan of these waiting for breakfast!

Pull-Apart Cinnamon Caramel Rolls

(Print this Recipe)

Adapted slightly from My Family’s Favorites by Mary Beth Roe

• Prep Time:  6 hours (thawing and letting the rolls sit)
  • Cook Time: 30 minutes
  • Servings: 8-12

Ingredients

• 2 loaves frozen bread
  • 4tsp cinnamon (or more if desired)
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 pkg. vanilla pudding (large box, not instant)
  • 3 tsp. milk

Directions

1.  Thaw frozen bread dough.

2.  Grease 9×13 pan.

3.  Tear one loaf of bread dough into pieces.  Place evenly in pan.  Sprinkle cinnamon over pieces.

4.  Mix together butter, brown sugar, pudding mix and milk.  Pour over pieces of bread dough.

5.  Tear the second loaf of dough and put it on top of the first loaf.  Try to fill in empty spots.  Let rise four hours.

6.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Cool 15 minutes (very important.)  Flip over onto cookie sheet.

*If you microwave a piece for 10-20 seconds before you eat it they are even better, if that’s possible!*

These are incredibly easy to make and I can’t wait to make them ahead of time so on Thanksgiving morning they are ready to eat!

Well, I got to go, dinner is ready and I think UPS just arrived with our first goods from RH Baby and Child!  Wahoo!

Questions:

• Are you a fan of cinnamon rolls?
  • What kind of bassinet have you used or are you going to use?
  • How long did you kids sleep in their bassinet if you had one?
  • What is the recipe you are most looking forward to on Thanksgivings?

19 Responses to “Another Holiday Recipe(Cinnamon Caramel Rolls) and a quick Wednesday Recap”

1. Marissa November 18, 2011 at 6:40 am #

all of the baby stuff is so precious! Can’t believe she’s almost here!

2. allieksmith November 18, 2011 at 7:18 am #

I am loving the recipes! Also.. the baby stuff must be so exciting!!! I love all it 🙂

3. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat November 18, 2011 at 8:06 am #

Living vicariously through you until the hubs and I are ready for parenthood. 🙂 All of the furniture is adorable!

4. Heather B November 18, 2011 at 3:55 pm #

My mouth is watering! My brother and family are visiting from MA so I might have to make that in the morning. We just used the pack and play and pulled it alongside our bed, it had a sleeper in it. Sounds like the one you got is pretty nice.

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 22, 2011 at 10:58 am #

Let me know if you make them! I just gave the recipe to two of my clients this morning. Although they are not the healthiest, they are super good for special ocassions like having family in town!

5. runningaroundnormal November 18, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

Aww, everything is so cute!! Love the chair:)

6. amy November 21, 2011 at 7:41 pm #

I stumbled upon your blog a few months ago & have enjoyed following your pregnancy! We are expecting our 6th baby in March, and I just had to tell you what a great investment our Arm’s Reach co-sleeper has been! We bought it 12 years ago for baby #1. It’s a perfect way to safely sleep with your baby & conveniently breastfeed during the night (when the side is lowered & attached to your bed). Also, we’ve lowered the mattress to the bottom & used it as a playpen when we’ve had toddlers. Oh – and it’s very portable when traveling to hotels or relatives’ homes! You made a great choice! We LOVE ours! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy…you look great!

• Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 22, 2011 at 10:52 am #

I’m so happy to have you as a reader and you just made me feel really confident with our decision to get the co-sleeper. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

7. Laura January 20, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Hi Kjirsten,
    I’ve been following your blogs throughout your pregnancy & I love them! My husband & I are expecting our 1st son on March 11! I noticed y’all got a smaller glider because you said the baby’s room is too small for a regular sized one. That’s the predicament we are in too. If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get the glider from?

8. Suzanne Holt March 17, 2013 at 4:18 pm #

These look like a great twist from just cinnamon rolls, which are the norm in our house. They look delicious… I’ll have to try them sometime.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Thanksgiving Recap « - November 27, 2011

[…] started our day with cinnamon rolls and pumpkin bread.  They don’t look as pretty as when my Mom makes them, but we didn’t […]