Christmas Decorating

28 Nov

Happy Monday morning to you all!

Although I’m sad that Thanksgiving is behind us, I am happy to be back into my normal routine of things.  I definitely crave routine and structure during my days and weeks and it feels so good to be back on.

This morning was filled with Christmas and holiday cheer in the Conrad house.  I started my morning with black coffee and a slice of pumpkin bread.  So good.  After checking out some Cyber Monday deals (did you order anything online today?) Keith and I made breakfast and then got ready for work.  We are currently still obsessed with Michael Buble’s new Christmas album and listened to that while waking up.  While I got ready for work, I turned on Mariah Carey’s Christmas album and jammed to that while the dog danced along with me!

On my agenda for today is work, doing a little grocery shopping, laundry and starting my clean at home for when my Dad arrives into town on Wednesday.  I’d also like to squeeze in some prenatal yoga this afternoon as well as walk the dog.

So, like many of you, over the Thanksgiving holiday, we started decorating our house for Christmas.  We are almost totally done except we still need to decorate two mini trees in our entryway and buy two wreaths for above our fireplace and outside our front door.  Then we will be officially done.

But before that happens, I wanted to share with you all what we’ve done so far!

Mantel

IMG_0011

Our first baby’s stocking

IMG_0012

Mantel in our bedroom

IMG_0020

Kitchen table center piece

IMG_0024

Wet bar…

IMG_0026

Cork collection…should I be embarrassed by this?

IMG_0027

Kitchen buffet…I still need to find the littlest snowman’s top hat and glue in back on.  I know I saved it, I just can’t remember where I stuck it!

IMG_0031

Christmas countdown number one from the General Store

IMG_0037

Family room.  Don’t you love how cozy decorations make your home feel?

IMG_0059IMG_0102

And some cute Quincy pictures as well…

IMG_0002IMG_0003IMG_0022IMG_0082

On Black Friday, we went to Best Buy and finally bought a new camera after almost two months without one.  We got a DSLR Cannon Rebel and I’m in love with it so far.  We also snagged an extra lens and I can’t wait to continue learning more about it.  I’m such a dork, I played around with it so much on Friday, my left wrist and right forearm were sore on Saturday!  Geesh!

We went back to Best Buy on Saturday to buy a couple more goodies we needed.  I think we are now set for electronics in our house for a while.  Fingers crossed.

I’ll be back later with an update of my Monday!

Questions:

• Did you make any Black Friday purchases?
  • Have you set up your holiday decorations yet?
  • What is your favorite holiday decoration you  put out/up?

22 Responses to “Christmas Decorating”

1. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat November 28, 2011 at 10:33 am #

Love Quincy’s first stocking! 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm #

He got it last year but we didn’t have him yet (we got him a few days after Christmas), so this year he is already wanting to open up his stocking and get his treats! Or so I like to believe!

2. loftyappetite November 28, 2011 at 11:45 am #

ooh a new DSLR, that’s so exciting! i’m only 7 months into owning mine and i’m still learning so much!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

I feel like there is so much to learn, I don’t even know where to get started. I’ve only been playing around in the auto mode for now and I love the picutre quality it takes! I’m used to taking 4 or 5 pictures of something and maybe if I got lucky having one turn out, now I feel like I can take one pic and it turns out great!

3. Amy November 28, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

Your tree is beautiful. I’ve been making my share of online purchases thats for sure and I love it. I’d rather online shop than be out in the crowds anyday.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm #

I’m on so much a crowd person myself. We were planning on getting up and going to Best Buy at midnight, but then decided we didn’t want to face the hoards of people and would rather miss out on a deal if we had too. I love online shopping like you do simply for the fact that I can do it in my pj’s from the comforts of my home!

4. Shayla @ The Good Life November 28, 2011 at 1:31 pm #

I love your holiday decorations and what a beautiful tree! And that wedding pic above your mantel is gorgeous – love that!

I got my Xmas decorations out the week before Thanksgiving, ha! And this past weekend we bought mini trees, one for me and one for the hubby, that we’ll decorate together tomorrow nite 🙂

5. Shanna, like Banana November 28, 2011 at 1:48 pm #

Quincy is so stinkin’ cute! Love that face 🙂

We haven’t started yet, but I think the plan is for next weekend.

And even though I’m not in a ‘work’ routine, I do still feel like I’m back on track this Monday!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 28, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

hear you, as much as monday’s stink I like them just for the fact I always feel back on track! Even when work’s not involved, sometimes too much of a holiday weekend can make you start craving what you know! I hope your enjoying your off time!

6. Heather B November 28, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

I love your tall snowmen!! Your decorations are awesome. I decorated the day before thanksgiving because my brothers family was visiting and I never have anyone see my Christmas decorations (they all live in MA so I wanted to show it all off!!). I bought a ton of gifts online today!! I love amazon shopping 😉

7. Allie @ PickyEatingRD November 28, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

I am obsessed with collecting corks from the wine we drink so I love to see that you have yours saved as well. There is nothing to be embarrassed about!!

8. runningaroundnormal November 28, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

I love your decorations, Kjirsten!
    No black friday shopping sales for me this year!

9. Jamie @ Food in Real Life November 29, 2011 at 8:48 am #

Your decorations are beautiful! We’re not putting ours up this year because we’re doing too many home renovations and our basement is full of baby stuff, but this makes me miss them!

10. Healthy Coconut November 29, 2011 at 9:21 am #

I love your decorations, you are giving me ideas for mine. We haven’t put up our decorations yet, we celebrated Thanksgiving all weekend long so we haven’t had time to pull it out of the garage.

Also, it has been really warm here in SoCal, so I don’t feel right buying my Christmas tree in shorts and flip flops, lol!

I love the wedding picture above your mantel, did you guys print it on canvas?

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 29, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

I wouldn’t feel right buying a tree in shorts and flip flops either! It has been hot in AZ too, yesterday and today was both in the 70s, but by Thursday we drop 30 degrees and it might snow!

We did print it on canvas. We got it done at Costco, I ordered it online and it was only around $70 for that huge picture.

11. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) November 29, 2011 at 5:21 pm #

Awe your Christmas decorating is so cute. I love it!