Week 29 Pregnancy Journal–Butternut Squash

30 Nov

Where is time going?  I can’t believe I’m already 30 weeks!  Lets take a look at week 29…

How Big is Baby?

According to thebump.com the baby is the size of a squash from weeks 29-32!  Here is some other information I found,

Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though — as you’ve also probably noticed — they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

And according to babycenter.com,

Baby, fetus at 28 weeks - BabyCenter

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you’ll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby’s hardening skeleton each day.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Week 29 was a great week.  I felt strong, rested and energized.  That could have been from all the festivities that surround Thanksgiving week though!  : )  I was able to get in five workouts, three yoga practices and lots of dog walks with Quincy and Keith.  I’ve had to slow down exercise a bit only when I feel Braxton Hicks happening, but other than that I’ve felt really amazing!  I can tell the baby is getting a lot bigger and she loves nestling into my right side and up under my ribs.  Breathing can sometimes be a bit difficult and I usually have to adjust my body to make it more comfortable.  Also, I can tell I am still getting wider in my core area and my baby bump grew a lot form week 28 to week 29.  My gym shirts that fit me just a few weeks ago now ride up on my stomach and I’m constantly pulling them down!

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Emotionally I’m doing just as good as always, just a bit antsy to meet my baby girl!  I really hope the holidays distract me for the next four weeks!  Then all I will have to do is get through January before Cameryn is here.  My mom booked a flight out for Super Bowl Sunday (February 5th) and I can’t wait for her to get here and see my large stomach!  The baby’s due date got pushed back to February 8th, so it will be nice having company to hang out with in the final days of my pregnancy.  Although I think she is going to be here around February 2nd.  I’m having a lot of fun connecting to her with Keith at night when she is going crazy and kicking away in my stomach.  It is so strange to see your stomach moving when you are just sitting there.  I love when the three of us bond over the kicks and movements!

Random Tidbits

• Weight Gained so Far:  about 18lbs
  • Days Until Due Date:  70
  • Weeks Until Furniture is Delivered:  I’m hoping 1-2
  • Things Still to Buy Cameryn:  Lots
  • Cravings:  Pineapple and Peppermint Bark
  • Workouts so Far this Week:  2 gym, 1 yoga and 1 dog walk

Baby Bump Pictures Week 29

Week 4 for comparison

IMG_0149IMG_0156IMG_0159IMG_0084

38 Responses to “Week 29 Pregnancy Journal–Butternut Squash”

1. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat November 30, 2011 at 7:52 am #

I thought the baby was a squash last week! 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 30, 2011 at 9:51 am #

Last week was a cabbage! But depending on what website you look at I will be a squash until week 33 then the baby is only compared to two other fruits (melon and watermelon) before she is here for the remainding seven weeks!

2. JessSutera November 30, 2011 at 8:02 am #

You are seriously such a fit baby mama!! I HOPE that I can one day be that fit during a pregnancy as you’ve been. I totally admire that!

3. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries November 30, 2011 at 9:16 am #

How exciting that you only have a 1\4 of your pregnancy left! I’m sure the time will fly by and she’ll be here before you know it!

4. Shanna, like Banana November 30, 2011 at 10:27 am #

I can watch the baby move for hours too! It’s so fun and something I will definitely miss.

You are doing so great and I can see that nesting urge kicking into high gear — it gets even more intense at the end!

From the front our bellies look exactly the same! Too cute 🙂 From the side, I’m obviously much bigger at 36 weeks +!

Keep it up lovely!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 30, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

I can’t wait to be at 36 weeks! I’m sure I’ll be much larger when it comes!

Watching the baby move is so fun! It definitely is a time eater though, I swear I sit down for 5 mintues to watch and it end up being about 20 minutes!

5. Shayla @ The Good Life November 30, 2011 at 10:36 am #

Wow I can’t believe you’re almost there! You’re keeping up with your activity so very well – very inspiring and I hope to do the same when it’s my turn! 😉 Your bump is adorable and love that last outfit – all I’ve been wearing too are my knee high boots, leggings, and long tunics/sweaters – yay for fall fashion! 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 30, 2011 at 12:08 pm #

I’m loving fall fashion, but am starting to get a little sick of my clothes. I keep posting pics of myself in the same old shirts and sweater but just different weeks! I can’t seem to get myself to spend more on clothes though since what I have seems to be working! : )

6. Heather B November 30, 2011 at 11:14 am #

You’re so close!! Everytime I see that week 4 picture I get insanely jealous! I want a stomach like that.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life November 30, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

haha, you can have a stomach like that! It just takes lots of clean eating and gym time!

• Corrie Anne November 30, 2011 at 4:43 pm #

Haha! That is exactlyyy what I thought. I was like — that’s a pregnant stomach!??!?! lol

7. Kerryne November 30, 2011 at 11:25 am #

Wowee… you look fantastic! I bet you are so excited. I remember when I was pregnant with my first… indescribable! So excited for you!

8. allieksmith November 30, 2011 at 11:37 am #

Yay! I am happy you feel strong and good 🙂 February is so soon, woo!!!

9. Erica November 30, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

Fabulous 🙂 She’ll be here before you know it! Everyone said the last weeks drag…but I never felt that way! Glad to hear you’re feeling good

10. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather November 30, 2011 at 12:42 pm #

You are the cutest! Grow baby grow! Love these updates. Time will just keep flying I’m sure 🙂

11. Heather November 30, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

You look absolutely fantastic! Your guess of Feb 2nd made me laugh because that’s my guess for me too. 😉

12. sweetlyvegan November 30, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

you look amazing girl 😀 motivating me to get off my butt and go to the gym right now! wishing I could do the interval program u just posted but going to go for some elliptical instead. thanks for the motivation!!

13. Marissa November 30, 2011 at 3:14 pm #

You totally sum up a happy, fit pregnant woman! Awesome figure to have a “butternut squash” growing in your tummy! BE PROUD, MOMMA 🙂

14. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) November 30, 2011 at 4:23 pm #

I love how cute you are. The weekly veggie/fruit comparisons always make me happy. You look awesome by the way. 🙂

15. Corrie Anne November 30, 2011 at 4:43 pm #

Ay Ay! That bump is TOO CUTE!!!! 🙂 Love the updates.

16. Asmita November 30, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

You look wonderful and all the best!

17. Allison @ PickyEatingRD November 30, 2011 at 9:09 pm #

Pineapple and peppermint bark so random! You look adorable girl!!

18. Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 1, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

Yay! How exciting. 😀 You’re a mystery – how can a belly still look so fit with a squash-size baby inside!?! Your fabulous, and Cameryn will be too!

19. Jen@foodfamilyfitness December 1, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

You are so tiny, you look adorable! 10 weeks to go, you are in the final stretch! I have a February baby, he will be 4 on February 2nd 🙂