Weekend Recap with Dad in Town

5 Dec

Last Wednesday evening, my dad arrived in town from Minnesota.  He was only here a few short days, but I wanted to give you guys a weekend picture recap with my dad.  We had to drop him off to catch his flight back home on Saturday morning.

We spent all day Friday in Jerome and Sedona.  Everyone had so much fun despite the chilly weather!

Dad 2

Ghost town JeromeDad 5

SedonaIMG_0187

I found a candy shop!  : )

IMG_0194

IMG_0190IMG_0191

I was loving all the holiday decorations!  Clearly, I thought the ceiling was pretty neat!  : )

IMG_0197IMG_0192IMG_0200

Chapel of the Holy CrossIMG_0231IMG_0223

IMG_0205IMG_0208IMG_0212

From the smile on my dad’s face, I’d say he had a great trip!  I can’t wait for him and my Mom to come out in February to meet their new granddaughter!

IMG_0229

The rest of Saturday was basically a work day.  After our workout, I think I spent a total on 4-5 hours on the phone with customer service reps from Eddie Bauer (they charged my card five times and I hadn’t received the sweater we ordered for Keith back in October.  Might I add they were very rude and not helpful at all), then I called Experian (someone stole my card information and was using it to pull their credit, strange), then I had to call my bank to cancel my credit card, then I spend over two hours on the phone with Lexmark trying to figure out why our printer wont print wirelessly anymore.  By the time I was done with all that nonsense, it was almost 5pm and I still hadn’t showered.

Sunday was spent running early morning errands and then watching football and movies all day.  I didn’t really feel that great yesterday.  I was so tired.  I took a nap for about an hour and then felt groggy the rest of the day.

Today, Monday, I tried driving in to work, but my SUV almost took out our brick mailbox.  I told Keith I was not driving to work today.  He tried getting my car straightened out and back in the garage, but it was useless without four wheel drive.  So now it sits on our driveway and I sit stuck at home.  I actually would rather be at work since I have a super busy day ahead of me, not to mention I have a few errands still to run that we didn’t do yesterday.  Snow days are only fun to me when I don’t have much going on and Keith is stuck at home with me too, otherwise I get cabin fever pretty easily.

Questions:

• Have you ever been to Jerome or Sedona?
  • Do you try and show your family/guests around when they come to visit?
  • What was your favorite thing from the weekend?
  • Do you hate calling and dealing with customer service reps as much as I do?

14 Responses to “Weekend Recap with Dad in Town”

1. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat December 5, 2011 at 9:37 am #

Beautiful photos – looks like a wonderful visit!

2. Heather B December 5, 2011 at 9:59 am #

Yikes! Sounds like a not-so-great weekend, except for your dad visiting. I can’t stand customer service calls 😦 I hope everything works out for you. I always show my family around Ga when they visit. Mostly we just drive around and look at the beautiful homes! My favorite part of the weekend was buying a $125 pair of MK shoes for $22!! After all the discounts and gift cards 😉

3. Shayla @ The Good Life December 5, 2011 at 10:13 am #

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you had – it seems when stuff like that starts happening it’s just one thing after another…”when it rains it pours!” I hope everything got straightened out for you and your day is getting better! And looks like you had a wonderful time with you dad – how fun to think that the next time you seem him will be for him to meet Cameryn!! 🙂

4. sweetlyvegan December 5, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

you have snow in AZ? I didn’t know it snowed there! crazy! Sounds like you had a rough weekend after ur dad left sorry to hear that 😦 Customer service reps are the most annoying people to deal with ever and esp dealing with your credit! I HATE that stuff. At least u got all those annoying calls taken care of in one sitting!!! Try doing your yoga video, that is one of my fave ways to de-stress!! hope your day turns around! xoxxo

5. Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 5, 2011 at 2:28 pm #

I love playing hostess to guests, but I hate talking to service reps! I actually don’t like talking on the phone much at all. I make the hubs order our pizzas! 😉 haha

6. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries December 5, 2011 at 3:43 pm #

Such pretty pictures! My twin sister and I went to Sedona a fews years ago with our parents before we both got married. It was such a fun and special trip. We have 5 other siblings so we got our parents to ourselves! 😉

Your dad looks like he was truly happy spending time with you!
    Sorry about the snow ruining your day and not being able to get stuff done. I hate when that happens. No snow in Chicago, yet….