Christmas Cheer and Weekend Recap

12 Dec

I don’t know if it is only me, but I’m so excited for Christmas that I’m having a hard time focusing on things I should be getting done.  Between Christmas, in laws coming into town and the baby my brain is stuck in a case of constant Christmas cheer!

IMG_0101

I actually slacked getting to work this morning and instead ran two errands and ordered my Dad’s Christmas present to be sent out.  One of our trainers was staffing the gym so I didn’t see any rush in getting in!  : )

I’m so excited to start baking breads, cookies and cinnamon rolls!  While I was out running errands I grabbed a few small bags of holiday chocolates and I hope I can control myself with them and not eat them all before company arrives!  Smile

Weekend Recap

Anyways, our weekend was good.  Nothing to special.  We spent a lot of it relaxing which was nice.  We normally are overly busy on the weekends so I love when we have no plans and just get to relax.

Friday night, we picked up a cheese pizza and watched Home Alone.  I love that movie.  I don’t think a Christmas could ever go by without Keith and I watching it!

Saturday, we spent working out, running around to the gyms, doing a few errands and getting things done around the house.  We had flank steak fajitas for dinner and watched  Annie Claus, on the Hallmark channel.  We are dorks I know.

Sunday, was spent working out in the morning, cleaning up the house, running more errands and watching football.  While Keith was watching the afternoon games I did some yoga, started my hypnobirthing CD and got organized for the week.  We went to bed pretty early and both Keith and I slept 9 1/2 hours.  I don’t know what we were tired from, but apparently we needed sleep.  We were actually planning on working out this morning (we usually take Monday’s off) but our power went out for about 3 hours overnight so needless to say, we overslept.  No biggie though.

Last week I was able to get in 5 gym workouts, 2 yoga workouts and 3 dog walks.  In addition I got in an extra 30 minutes of elliptical at home one night as well.  I hope to get in a little more yoga this week and join Keith at least 5 times while he walks Quincy.  I didn’t make my weekly goal, but I’m not going to beat myself up over it.  It’s a new week!  : )

My eats from the weekend were pretty healthy. I finally had a green smoothie again! Yay! I just had a classic, banana, spinach and almond milk one yesterday for a morning snack and it was delicious! I’m trying to get in more leafy greens for the baby and think this smoothie is the perfect answer to that. We had flank steak fajitas both Saturday and Sunday for dinner (I just had one, heavy on the vegetables) and also finished up random leftover vegetables from last week (Brussels sprouts). My splurge was on the cheese pizza. I had 1 1/2 slices on Friday for dinner and one slice after my workout for lunch on Saturday. I didn’t feel guilty about it and made sure my other eats balanced out the pizza.

I’m hoping this week goes by super fast.  I planned out little things to get done each day this week so next week before company starts arriving I can just spend my time cleaning, relaxing (baking) and not stressing out about getting random tasks done.  Things on my to do list for the week:

• Mail out all Christmas packages and cards
  • Head up to Target
  • Organize the baby’s room a bit more once all her furniture arrives and call about when we can expect to get her bedding
  • Keep up with all laundry, including doing a few loads of baby laundry
  • Hang pictures in our exercise/second guest room
  • Get all wrapping paper boxes out of said room
  • Wash guest room sheets and towels and get it all ready for company
  • Decorate our two mini trees in our entry way
  • Hang Cameryn’s name letter’s and frame in her room

So, nothing major to get done. Keith and I just need to spend 20-30 minutes after work getting a few things done around the house.

Well, this post is pretty wordy and random so I’ll leave you with my outfit of the day (forgive the picture quality, I’m still trying to figure out our new camera):

IMG_0299IMG_0300IMG_0306

Tunic from Target, I put it on to see if it would fit and it did.  Nice to have some more clothes in my small maternity wardrobe rotation!  : )  Red and black zebra scarf to add to my holiday cheer!

Questions:

• Do you feel like your errands are never done?
  • What is your perfect weekend?
  • Do you enjoy being busy on weekends or laying low relaxing?
  • Have you baked any holiday goodies yet?  If so what?

29 Responses to “Christmas Cheer and Weekend Recap”

1. Erica December 12, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

LOVED Target’s maternity clothes! I always wished they sold everything they have online in stores. Its definitely a time to be festive! I have so much baking to do and I love it

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 12, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

I haven’t bought any true maternity clothes from Target, my tunic from above is actually pretty old and I was surprised it fit well with the baby bump! 🙂

I love all the baking as well and can’t wait to get started!!! I think I’m limiting myself to only baking three types of cookies this year as I usually bake so many and then no one eats them!

2. loftyappetite December 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

I could not have said it better myself, I am totally stuck in a constant state of Christmas cheer. All my scheduled posts this week are about Christmas, but it has taken over my life and I can’t help it 😉 That’s all that’s on my mind, and I love every minute of it!

• loftyappetite December 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm #

P.S. and I forgot to say your tree is gorgeous!! I really wanted lights on the garland over our fireplace, but we didn’t have any more spots for another plug, so I passed on it to avoid crazy cables, but i LOVE the look!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 12, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

Thanks! I had to run an extension cord for the fireplace light, but I think it is worth it! I love how cozy hoiday lights make a home feel!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm #

haha, nothing wrong with Christmas cheer and posts! I’m sure most of my posts up until Christmas will be baby or holiday themed! 🙂

3. sweetlyvegan December 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

sounds like you had the perfect weekend!! I love your scarf and the outfit! I am a big fan of boots and scarves in the colder months! Always looks so chic. And having new maternity clothes is def a plus! I need to go shopping!!! I need some solid colored tanks with extra belly room 🙂
    I’m glad you had a green smoothie!!! The classic version that you made is the perfect snack! 🙂
    Chase’s Mom and I made her special Christmas cookies with vanilla buttercream frosting **SOOO GOOD*** when she was in town around Thanksgiving, and he ate like the whole five dozen or so we made in maybe three days. I haven’t really gotten around to baking anything else besides pita pizzas lately for chase! I am craving some fudge!! Maybe later today…

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 12, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

I’m a huge fan of boots and scarfs as well! All your recent posts inspired me to have one! I just had another one today for lunch! So delish and I love getting in all that spinach!
      I’m sure Chase’s mom’s cookies were amazing! Homemade cookies are always so delicious and special since the recipe has usually been around for a while!
      Pita pizzas sound good, I haven’t made one in a while, I wish I would have picked up some Ezekiel pitas at the grocery store this morning! Next time I go, I’ll have to stock up!

4. Shanna, like Banana December 12, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

Ooo I’m loving that outfit. Perfect amount of funkiness and holiday cheer..and comfort too! I keep seeing maternity clothes I want to buy but I suppose that’s pretty silly 2 weeks out, huh? 😉

I’ve baked a few things…actually 3 times last week…oops! I probably need to reign that in, but I can’t help myself!

I’m actually really craving pumpkin pie — maybe I’ll bake that.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 12, 2011 at 1:39 pm #

Comfort is a must right now! I’m all for comfy things or cute things! It’s the holidays so you get a free pass at all the baking you want to do this time of year! Pumpkin pie sounds delish!

5. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat December 12, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

You look almost bumpless in that first photo!

6. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart December 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm #

So much I love about this post..
    1. Your christmas decorations are so pretty!
    2. Flank Steak..enough said.
    3. Watching Home Alone is def. a must during Christmas season!
    4. Your outfit is adorable.
    5. Your baby bump 🙂

7. allieksmith December 12, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

It sounds like you had a busy and enjoyable weekend! AWESOME 🙂

8. Maren December 12, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

What a cute scarf!! I love it. It’s not too christmas-y but still festive. I’m 100% christmas on the brain too. Not efficient, let me tell ya.

9. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) December 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

Your baby bump is so cute. You are just so freaking cute. I’m glad you had such an awesome weekend girl! 🙂

10. Rachel Starr December 12, 2011 at 5:44 pm #

your bump is so cute, you look so tiny compared to me! (i’ll be 30wks this thursday) i feel like a house 😛 i had to give up wearing some of my favorite boots b/c my belly is too big for me to bend over to get them on/off!

side note: i totally have that some print you have that’s over your fireplace! mine is smaller though & hangs in our kitchen 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 12, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

I feel like a house as well and I’ve just begun feeling the skin on my stomach start stretching out a lot. So not fun but so worth the end result!

Since I’ve taken that picture, we took down the picture to hang up a seasonal wreath for the holidays. We stuch the picture in another room and actually just got done hanging it in there! I think it is super cute!

11. Marissa December 12, 2011 at 6:51 pm #

you look TOO cute! I shopped at Target a lot too…cute maternity stuff for cheap!

They keep playing Home Alone 2 on tv, and not the first one…I want the classic Home Alone to come on, we love that movie too 🙂 Merry Christmas!

12. Shayla @ The Good Life December 13, 2011 at 7:45 am #

Love love your outfit and that scarf – gorgeous!! And your tree and decorations are absolutely beautiful! I saw your comment on Shanna’s blog about your nursery and I echo Shanna in hoping you do a preview soon – I can’t wait to see it – I bet it’ll be beautiful…and I say yes to the chandelier 😉

And I am so in the holiday spirit too – more so this year than last. I think each year as I get older I get more and more sentimental and just love spending more time with my family – I just hope pray that next year it will be extra special, if you know what I mean 😉

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 13, 2011 at 10:38 am #

I’ll do a preview once it is all ready! : ) Probably sometime in January!

I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that next Christmas is an extra special one for you and your family!!! You totally deserve it!

13. Alicia December 13, 2011 at 8:39 am #

Home Alone is definitely one of my favorite Christmas movies! 🙂
    Sounds like you had a great weekend, minus the power outage! :-/
    ❤ the outfit, you look great! 🙂

14. Les Danna December 14, 2011 at 1:05 pm #

Hello, your blog is full of good informations. Thanks