Week 31 Pregnancy Journal- 4 Navel Oranges

14 Dec

How Big is Baby

Baby, fetus at 31 weeks - BabyCenter

According to BabyCenter.com,

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He’s probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby’s kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

According to BabiesOnline.com,

Your baby will gain weight faster than he’ll increase in length. By now the baby’s lungs and digestive tract are nearly mature. Your baby’s irises can now dilate and contract in response to light. Due to the deposits of white fat underneath the skin your baby’s skin is no longer red, but is now the wonderful newborn pink color. His fingernails may reach the end of the hands, too. Your baby is now a little over 3 pounds and is 16 inches long.(Picture supplied by 3D Sono Image)

You may worry if you are breathless from walking or sometimes even just sitting that your baby is in danger. This is not true. Your baby is getting plenty of oxygen from your placenta.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically I haven’t noticed many changes this week other than being a little more tired than usually and developing an itchy stomach.  So.  Not.  Fun.  If I try to relieve my stomach and chest and scratch at it, it only gets worse and I develop tiny red raised bumps all over.  I go to the doctor on Monday so I’ll ask her about it then, but I’m hoping it is not the pregnancy rash PUPPP.  I’ve been putting lots of lotion on it and wearing loose shirts and it has been helping.  I try not to rub, itch or touch it and then it is bearable.  I’m thinking about picking up some calamine lotion on my way home from work today to see if that helps any.

I’m still getting in my gym workouts, some prenatal yoga and dog walks so I’m feeling good and trying to maintain my energy levels the best I can.  I keep reminding myself I wont be able to workout right after giving birth so I should make as many workouts as I can until Cameryn arrives!

Another thing that happened this past week was a decrease in Cameryn’s movements.  I didn’t feel any real movements on Sunday and hardly any on Monday morning.  I started freaking myself out that something was wrong, but after some ice cold water and poking around, I got her to move a bit.  I was thisclose to calling the doctor and heading into the hospital.  Luckily she was super active on Monday night and back to her normal moving routine.  When you are pregnant the doctors have you monitor your baby’s movements and anytime there is decreased movement you should take note and either try and count 5 movements in 1 hour or 10 movements in 2 hours.  If something doesn’t seem right, they advise you to head to the hospital immediately.  Trust me, it is not a good feeling and I was so stressed out on Monday.  I also did a little research and starting around week 32, the baby is getting bigger and there isn’t enough room for them to be kicking hard and moving a lot in the uterus.  I think this is the case with me, because although I’ve felt her move, I haven’t felt any huge kicks to my ribs lately.

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

I am still just super antsy.  Although time is going quickly,  the thought of having another 56 days until her due date seems like such a long wait!  Keith and I still have a lot to get done before her due date and are planning on getting her the rest of her baby things in early January.  So, I guess it is good we have some time on our hands before she arrives.

This past week, we had our 3d/4d 31 week ultrasound.  I posted pictures here.  Here is my favorite picture from the scan.

I’m still in awe that little being is snuggled inside me right now growing and gaining weight every day.  I’ve noticed the closer I am to my due date the more I look at pregnancy as a miracle.  It is probably my hormones (or I like to think), but it really amazes me every single day that my body is capable of creating a baby.

Random Tidbits

• Total Weight Gained- 20lbs (I’ve been gaining about a pound a week on average)
  • Foods I’m Craving:  Chocolate, Fruit, Peppermint Bark, Christmas Cookies, Pizza
  • Days Until Due Date:  56 days
  • Days Until Next Appointment:  4 days
  • Days Until Company Starts Arriving for Christmas:  7!!!  Yay!!!

Week 31 Baby Bump Pictures

IMG_0337IMG_0297IMG_0306

Other Pictures from Week 31 Pregnancy- Furniture! Cameryn’s room is still completely bare, but we have furniture!  I was afraid the furniture would be too big/heavy for her bedroom, but it looks so amazing!!!  Between two windows, two doors and a closet, we are going to try and do our best to plan her things around all the wall obstacles!  I can’t wait to get some frames and other things up on the walls!  Once her nursery is completely ready, I’ll do a picture tour!

I was airing out the drawers a little, they smelled so good like wood/cedar, but I didn’t want her clothes and blankets to smell like them.

IMG_0328IMG_0331

27 Responses to “Week 31 Pregnancy Journal- 4 Navel Oranges”

1. Erica December 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Love the furniture!!! Crib is adorable!! Bark is an awesome craving!

2. Shanna, like Banana December 14, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

So smart to put up furniture early and let it air out. Many of the products “outgas” and the smell is pretty blah, so make sure you do that with absolutely everything.

I love the dresser and the crib. The dark brown and pink will look so fabulous together.

I didn’t get itchy belly until around 36 weeks I think and it wasn’t too horrible thankfully, but it is normal. And just an fyi, I used no special creams all during pregnancy, just Suave cocoa butter lotion and no stretch marks, nada!

We have our first guests coming in 7 days too…yippeeee!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 16, 2011 at 7:42 am #

The dresser smelled amazing like a pine forest, I just didn’t think her clothes should smell like that! Her room already is starting to air out from the new furniture!

We got the dark brown incase we have a boy next, he can use the same crib set and it will look fab with blues and greens! 🙂

You are lucky you didn’t get the itchy belly until week 36 and that it wasn’t bad!

I’m so excited for you and your family! I can’t wait until I check you blog and see you had the little baby! So exciting!!!

3. Lisa@HealthyDiaries December 14, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

The furniture looks great. Can’t wait to see the nursery all fixed up! I would have totally been scared too if I felt my baby not moving around as much! Thank goodness she got back to her normal routine! 😉

4. Shayla @ The Good Life December 14, 2011 at 4:15 pm #

I love that pic! Her lips are so full and pretty – she’s gonna be one pretty lady and if I can’t wait to see her I can only imagine how you must be feeling! 😉

And until reading yours and many other pregnancy blogs, I never knew babies moved so much in your tummy! I mean I guess I knew they would move here and there, but never did I think you’d have 5 movements in an hour – so fascinating! 🙂

And I just love her furniture and the look of her nursery already – can’t wait for the photo tour of it!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 16, 2011 at 7:38 am #

I was an ugly baby and so was Keith so were curious to see what we created! : )

Babies move a lot. Cameryn moves around 5am, noon, 7pm and then again all night when I’m sleeping. You pick up on their moving habits so you know right away when something just isn’t right. 5 movements in an hour is actually on the lowest side. I think just typing this comment I’ve felt her three times already! It is the best feeling in the world, hands down!

5. Kerryne December 14, 2011 at 4:15 pm #

The itching is normal. I think its the skin stretching if I remember right (its been a while for me). I used cocoa butter RELIGIOUSLY on my stomach when I was pregnant and that really seemed to help. You look adorable and your baby is absolutely gorgeous. I can’t wait for you guys to meet her. It really is love at first sight. Its pretty amazing!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 16, 2011 at 7:36 am #

I’ve been using Burts Bee’s Belly Butter, Bio Oil and Palmer’s cocoa butter but nothing seems to be curing it! Luckily it has subsided a bit and I can deal with anything for another 7 weeks!

6. Julie December 14, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

You look amazing and so small! Cameryn looks like she’s growing strong and from the picture she looks beautiful! 🙂 LOVE the furniture, especially the crib! I cannot wait to see the nursery pics when it’s ready!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 16, 2011 at 7:35 am #

Trust me, I feel as big as a house! I’ll post more pics once everything is completed! I still debating on getting some curtains for her room to help keep it darker and can’t decide on light pink or cream! Decisions decisions! : )

7. sweetlyvegan December 14, 2011 at 7:39 pm #

Yea you are tiny!!! What a perfect healthy pregnancy role model you are!
    I can’t believe you only have 56 days… time is going by so fast!!! I have 136 days and I can’t wait to be where you are!! I have so much to do still, but I plan on getting started on all of that after the holidays.
    Maybe try coconut oil or avocado lotion if you can find it.. I got the avocado lotion at a mall here in LA, but I found a link to it online if you are interested here it is.. http://www.organicfoodsdelivery.com/products/Honey-Almond-Avocado-Lotion.html

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 16, 2011 at 7:32 am #

I haven’t hread of avocado lotion, but I’ll look into it, thanks for sharing! I’m also going to try using coconut oil as we have it already in our house.

8. allieksmith December 15, 2011 at 7:46 am #

Your baby girl will be in your arms before you know it! You look great!

9. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart December 15, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

You look amazing! The due date is so close!!!

10. Alicia December 16, 2011 at 5:56 am #

You look adorable! 🙂 I’m totally craving sweets too!! I hear ya on the movement/kick counts, I get a little worried sometimes too and always poke around on my belly to get little guy moving just to ease my worries. 32 weeks! YAY almost there girl!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 16, 2011 at 7:31 am #

It is so hard not to worry. I think she is getting super crowded in there and is only moving slightly, I haven’t had any major kicks or felt her turning in a while!

11. Laury December 16, 2011 at 8:45 am #

Yey!!! I can’t believe how quickly your pregnancy is going!! You look adorable! I think 32 weeks was my favorite point in my pregnancy. My belly was full and hard nut not huge full grown baby yet haha…and I felt good.

The nursery looks amazing so far! Love your crib!

12. Maren December 16, 2011 at 9:24 am #

I love all your baby gear so far! It’s just so cute and perfect.

13. best professional flat iron 2014 August 3, 2014 at 11:43 pm #

Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further
    write ups thank you once again.

14. http://bestblurayplayerreviews2014.com August 9, 2014 at 1:06 pm #

Greetings! I’ve been reading your website for a long time now
    and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a
    shout out from Austin Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent job!

15. best digital camera 2014 September 13, 2014 at 9:27 pm #

Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve visited this
    blog before but after going through many of the
    posts I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking
    back frequently!