Weekend Recap

19 Dec

Good morning!  Happy Monday to all of you!

This past weekend was a great weekend and I feel like it was made up of the perfect combination of relaxing and getting chores done.

Friday, we went out to dinner with some friends to a Mexican restaurant.  I ordered the chicken fajitas.  They were good, but nothing special.  More importantly was that we were in good company.

Saturday, we ran errands, worked out, did some house chores, then spent the evening watching movies on the Hallmark channel.  I swear my husband loves this channel!  Winking smile

Sunday, was spent working out, going on more never ending errands, getting random things done around the house (like wrapping presents and cleaning out the pantry and fridge) and then relaxing during the evening.

My workouts from last week were spot on.  I got in my 5 a week gym workouts (3 cardio and 2 strength).  I also got in my 3 prenatal yoga sessions, 5 dog walks and I was even able to listen to the meditative CD that same with my Hypnobirthing book.

Overall I had a great week for physical activity!  Even though I need to get things done at a slower pace, I still feel so great during my workout and most importantly after my workouts are over.

On the agenda for this week is getting ready for company to start arriving on Thursday!  Keith and I are both so excited that his family is coming to Arizona for Christmas this year.  His brother and his wife get here Thursday and his parents arrive on Friday!  We have lots of fun things to do before then but nothing to stress about!

Today I have another doctors appointment.  I’m sure it will be a quick weigh in, blood pressure and measurement check up.  I train shortly after my appointment so I hope they don’t put us in a room and make us wait an hour.  I hate when that happens, especially since once we see the doctor she is in our room for less than 5 minutes.

Update:  Since I typed this post this morning, I had my doctors appointment and the baby is measuring perfectly for how far along I am!  My weight gain is on track and my belly is measuring right where it should be too!  Baby Cameryn also had a strong heart beat!  I love hearing that sound!

I think we are going to be keeping the work week on the shorter side this week, unless we get slammed.  Christmas week at the gyms is typically pretty slow, so it will be nice to just play work by ear.  I’m so distracted by Christmas and everything holidays right now!  I can’t wait to start baking a small batch of cookies!  Even more so to eat one or two!  Smile

Also, I learned all our bedding will arrive at our house on Thursday and I am SO excited!  It will make her room feel even more complete!  Once the bedding arrives, we only need to buy and mount a couple small book shelves  (for books and a few stuffed animals) and hang some curtains!  I’m still undecided if we should go with light pink or an ivory color.  I think the bedding will help us decide what curtains will looks the best!

Questions:

• What was the best part of your weekend?
  • What is your favorite holiday cookie?  I love ginger cookies with cream cheese frosting!  So delish!
  • Anyone else having family coming into town?

19 Responses to “Weekend Recap”

1. sweetlyvegan December 19, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

Good job getting all your workouts in! You were very productive 🙂 I know I feel so much better about myself and just feel better in general when I get them out of the way!
    My fave holiday cookie is def chocolate chip cookies, or fudge with a few nuts! not really a cookie but whatever! lol. Ginger cookies sure sound good too!!
    I’m jealous you have all kinds of family coming into town!! We don’t have any family coming this year so we will just be doing our own Christmas. I am going home for almost two weeks on Jan 4-15 for a wedding so hopefully I’ll get to see lots of family then 🙂 Next year when our baby is here I am definitely making a point to be together with the fam for the holidays! This is the best season!!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 21, 2011 at 7:25 am #

That is why I love working out first thing in the morning. I love feeling like I’ve accomplished something before most people are out of bed. Plus if I get the workout over first thing in the morning, I don’t have to think about it all day long!

I love fudge as well! Have you made any this year? You should definitely post a recipe if you have one! I bet it will be delicious with lots of healthy ingredients!

The past two years Keith and I have celebrated Christmas by ourselves so it is really nice to have his family coming into town. I’m already planning on an MN Christmas next year with the baby. I haven’t spent a Christmas with my family in four years. That is way to long!

2. Erica December 19, 2011 at 2:19 pm #

Yayyy! Glad everything is going so well! Super exciting! Hearing the heartbeat is totally amazing.

What was the best part of your weekend? Just spending time with the man and the baby
    What is your favorite holiday cookie? My Mom’s pecan sandies
    Anyone else having family coming into town? Yup! Siblings for me and Josh

3. Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 19, 2011 at 2:22 pm #

Yay for good doctor checkups. 🙂 I’m having family in town, but since it’s only my parents, I’m stress-free and excited.

4. Alicia December 19, 2011 at 4:06 pm #

Sounds like you had a great and very productive weekend! 🙂 Glad to hear baby is doing well!! 😀 I love oatmeal raisin cookies! ❤

5. La. December 19, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

How are you feeling about hypno birthing? I feel like there are some aspects I can take from it but all in all I’m not sure! I’m only half way through my book, but I don’t know. There are some great techniques I might pull from it and add it to the Bradley Method. I’m 34 weeks today and REALLY beginning to feel it. I’ve had to cut back on workouts because they were putting me in pre term labor. I can’t believe how busy you are!!!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 21, 2011 at 7:18 am #

I am loving Hypnobirthing. I am going to try and use it for my birth, but then again, you never know how things will go. I’ve read the book once and am currently reading through it again pulling out all the kep aspects of it. I’m also doing the meditation CD as often as I can and can now put myself into a total deep relaxation. The only problem with the CD is that I get so relaxed, I tend to just fall asleep!

I’m not sure what the Bradly method is but will probably check it out. My goal is to have an unmedicated labor and think hypnobirthing is right for me.

You are getting so close to your due date as well! Cutting back on workouts is a must if it will prevent preterm labor. I was getting tons of Braxton hicks while working out and had to slow things down about a month ago, but now I’m not really getting them any more while working out which is nice.

Have you noticed you are getting a lot more tired during the day? By noon everyday, I’m ready for a nap!

6. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart December 19, 2011 at 5:26 pm #

Yay for getting your workouts in! We are visiting our families this year..and then taking our babymoon 🙂

7. HeatherB December 19, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

Happy to hear all is well with you and baby Cameryn! The heartbeat is the best sound in the world. We are making our way up to Boston for Christmas and for my dads funeral. Can I change your question to what was the worst part of the weekend?! I haven’t been commenting for that reason as well. But all is ok, makes me hug my family even tighter. Enjoy your holiday!! You’re getting so close to meeting the love of your life, yay!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 21, 2011 at 7:15 am #

Oh Heather, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. If there is anything I can do, let me know. I’ll be praying for you and your family over this Christmas holiday and hope you find comfort being around your loved ones.

8. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries December 20, 2011 at 7:17 am #

Look at you getting all your workouts in! Way to go!! I felt sick all weekend so didn’t do much of anything. 😦

My brother is coming in town from California today so I’m excited to be able to spend time with him!

9. Healthy Coconut December 21, 2011 at 10:42 am #

You continue to inspire me. Great job being so productive AND getting your workout in.

My favorite cookies for the holidays are snickerdoodles, gingerbread cookies and peppermint bark cookies (something new I tried this year).

Have a great week and fun times with your family in town.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 23, 2011 at 7:13 am #

I almost made snickerdoodles, but decided not to since I already had three other cookies I wanted to make! I love peppermint bark so I can only imagine how good peppermint bark cookies would be!!!

10. sophia December 21, 2011 at 4:42 pm #

Saw the update– yay! I’m glad both you and your baby is healthy. I hope you’re having a wonderful holiday!