Week 32 Pregnancy Update- Large Jicama

21 Dec

Week 32 came and fly by super fast.  It was a pretty uneventful week, but in my book that is always a great week of pregnancy!  On a side note, cutting up a jicama into matchsticks and putting them into fajitas is my favorite thing to do with jicama!  Smile

How Big is Baby?

Baby, fetus at 32 weeks - BabyCenter

According to babycenter.com,

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You’re gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she’ll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

According to babiesonline.com,

Your baby sleeps approximately 90 to 95 percent of the day now. His skin has become thicker and he continues to become more of a pinkish color. Your baby’s movements will peak this week. From now on they will change in quantity and quality. Most of the wrinkles are disappearing from your baby’s face, and there may be a lot of hair on his head. The weight gain has been fairly incredible recently. Your baby is now almost 4 pounds and is 17 inches long.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically I’m doing great.  I think the biggest thing I noticed that happened in week 32 was my baby bump grew a lot.  I mean a ton!  I’ve been making it into the gym five days a weeks still, trying to get in my 3 weekly prenatal sessions and also trying to go on five dog walks a week.  This is keeping me busy and my body is good shape.  Not to mention my stress levels low because of all the endorphins!  Smile

I have been getting really exhausted around noon every day.  I could probably curl up in bed and take a two hour nap if I had the time!  Other then feeling exhausted by noon, I have started noticing a sharp shooting pain that runs down my stomach randomly during the day.  It is pretty intense and I usually hunch over immediately for a few seconds until it passes.  I will ask my doctor what it is at my next appointment, but when I looked it up online, it didn’t seem to be anything too random.

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Excited!!!  I.  Can’t.  Wait.  To.  Meet.  Cameryn.

I’m in a huge nesting phase and am trying to keep getting things done around the house.  I’m trying to tackle my desk mess before company gets into town starting tomorrow as I type this.  I also cleaned out our pantry and the fridge/freezer in the kitchen.  Since getting the bedroom furniture, I’ve also washed all her clothes from newborn to 3 months and have filled her drawers with all her clean things!  Keith and I decided to shop and order the rest of the baby’s items in the beginning of January and I think we’ll also install her bookshelves and curtains at that time too.  Once her room is complete I know I will feel like a million bucks!

It is really nice to have Christmas to distract me from pregnancy and I can’t wait until company gets into town so I don’t spend my next week day dreaming about the baby 24/7!  Smile

Random Tidbits

• Total Weight Gained so Far:  21lbs
  • Days Until Due Date:  49!  I can’t believe we’re in the 40s!
  • Days Until Company Arrives:  1, yay!
  • Food Cravings:  Christmas cookies- I’m going to start baking after I post this and pasta
  • Food Aversions:  Still white fish-  so odd.
  • Gifts Left to Buy Before Christmas:  Zero!

Week 32 Pregnant Belly Photos

I was wearing all my purple Vikings gear, to bad they lost…

IMG_0367

I took these pictures quick and didn’t realize how poorly they turned out, but they do the trick!  Winking smileIMG_0384

IMG_0383

I’m off to tackle my desk, and yes I subscribe to way too many magazines…

IMG_0378

29 Responses to “Week 32 Pregnancy Update- Large Jicama”

1. Body Polish December 21, 2011 at 5:05 pm #

Adorable baby bump!

2. Erica December 21, 2011 at 5:07 pm #

Getting so close! I remember getting tired again as they end drew close. You look so so cute!

3. Shayla @ The Good Life December 21, 2011 at 5:16 pm #

So glad to hear you’re doing well and I’m so happy for you that you got family coming in to town soon – I’m sure they’ll be awww’ing all over your bump! 🙂

4. Shanna, like Banana December 21, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Less than 50 days away..meep! Wahhoooo… The time goes by so fast than totally stalls at 38 weeks. So enjoy the next 4 😉

You’re doing great and just keep listening to your beautiful body!

5. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) December 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm #

Wow that is really interesting. I love all the updates you give about your baby. I def see a gorgeous baby bump now too-love itt.

6. Jen@foodfamilyfitness December 22, 2011 at 4:58 am #

You look great!!! It’s getting closer now!! I had a January and February baby, and Christmas was always a welcome distraction 🙂

7. Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers December 22, 2011 at 6:36 am #

Your bump is cute. Your nesting phase is cute. Everything is just so darn adorable! Enjoy the cookies!

8. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat December 22, 2011 at 9:22 am #

Is that the free VS Gorgeous tee? So comfy! 🙂

9. allieksmith December 22, 2011 at 9:44 am #

Your bump is so cute, I love it! I subscribe to a lot of magazine too.. love em!

10. Emma December 23, 2011 at 5:14 am #

Very excited for you! I’m almost 10 weeks pregnant and am wondering where you are finding all your cute longer tops that cover up that precious bump? Just trying to think ahead!
    Congrats!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 23, 2011 at 7:07 am #

First, congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I found a few pea in a pod shirts at Macys and they also had them at Bloomingdales. I also love the cowl neck turtlenecks from Old Navy. I have worn my purple one too many times to count. Otherwise, I’ve been wearing tunic tanks with long cardigans. I love the cardigans because I’ve been able to wear them my whole pregnancy no matter how big my stomach is. Plus since they are not maternity I can still wear them after I give birth!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life December 23, 2011 at 7:15 am #

Oh, and also Victoria Secret has great pink t shirts. They are super cozy and comfy and extremely affordable. They are also long so they keep the bump covered as it gets bigger!

11. marissa December 23, 2011 at 8:27 am #

Merry Christmas to you and your baby bump 🙂

12. Alicia December 23, 2011 at 10:05 am #

You look great girl! ❤ the bump pics!!

13. Maren December 23, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

Oh my gosh! It’s so close 49 days is literally going to feel like a blink.

14. sweetlyvegan December 26, 2011 at 9:36 pm #

Wow well its even less today 🙂 44 days now! you are going to be holding her before you know it!!! Your baby bump is definitely growing, and you still look great as always!!!!