New Years Resolutions

2 Jan

Resolutions

I wasn’t sure if I was going to make new years resolutions or not this year, but I decided why not and came up with a few I wanted to share with you all.  I normally look at each year as a time to better myself and am constantly striving to be the best me I can be.  I don’t take my resolutions too seriously because I know I’m constantly setting goals throughout the year to help me be the best I can be.

So, here are my resolutions for 2012:

• Stress less and enjoy life more.  I tend to try and do too much during each day and get on overload a lot.  I want to be able to step away from work and stresses and just enjoy life and enjoy my free time doing things I enjoy instead of looking at my free time as an opportunity to tackle items on my never ending to do list.
  • Continue working out and living an active balanced healthy lifestyle.
  • Clean up my eating a bit over the weekends.  During the work week, I eat extremely healthy but when the weekends roll around I tend to give myself a little bit too my slack with my diet.  I want to keep my same eating routine which I think will help me to stop snacking so much on sweets and other goodies I don’t really need.
  • Be the best mother to Baby C and the best wife to Keith that I can be.  I need to remember to be patient and just take in every single second of becoming a first time mom.

No more unlimited cookies for me anymore

IMG_0411

__________________________________________________________

New Year’s Eve Recap

Saturday night, Keith and I went out to an early dinner with friends.  They stopped by our house before we headed to the restaurant for a bit to see the baby’s nursery and drop of a gift for Baby C.  We decided to head out pretty quickly after they arrived as Quincy wouldn’t stop jumping up on their almost two year old daughter.

We got to the restaurant early enough so it still wasn’t packed.  I ordered the salmon with garlic mashed potatoes, sautéed vegetables and a house salad.  This is my favorite meal to get at Firehouse Kitchen.  The salmon portion was huge so both Keith and Quincy lucked out in samples.

After dinner we decided to head home.  I had the worst back pain of my pregnancy and just wanted to get home and get confortable.  Unfortunately, once home both sitting and laying down didn’t get rid of the pain.  I actually looked up back labor on Google to see if that is what I was experiencing.  I wasn’t.

I think we stayed up until 9:30pm and headed to bed.  Pregnancy has definitely started taking its toll on my body.

Same pictures form yesterday, I only took three though!  The bump is getting giant, no?

IMG_0522

IMG_0523

_____________________________________________________________

Workouts from the weekend:

Saturday, I did 45 minutes of cardio.  I spent my time on the treadmill (walking and incline walking) and the elliptical.  I was finding it hard to walk so once I switched to the elliptical I was feeling better.

I also managed to squeeze in prenatal yoga Saturday afternoon.  It felt so great to stretch my hips and back out.

Sunday, I did a short workout in the gym, about 30 minutes.  I lifted my back and biceps and am sore today!

_____________________________________________________________

Monday

Today is going to be one crazy busy day.  I have a ton of errands to go on today since most places were closed yesterday (Costco, New Frontiers for groceries, Pet Smart, Target and the bank).  Besides doing all that I have some laundry to get caught up on and not to mention today, well actually this whole week, is our busiest at work.  I’m hoping we get a lot of new members this month, but especially this week.  Starting the new year off on a great business note is always good!  Since Monday is our rest day from the gym, I’d also like to squeeze in prenatal yoga today and Quincy is in need of a good walk.

I’m hoping to get most of this done, but if I can’t fit everything in, I’m not going to stress about it!  <–  See, already practicing my resolutions!  Smile

Quincy really does deserve a walk though!

IMG_0438

I’m off to make some breakfast (oatmeal) and then get ready for work!  I’ll try to post a Monday recap of my day and if not, I’ll see you all tomorrow!

Questions:

• What is your number one new year’s resolution?
  • Anyone else working today?
  • What did you do for New Year’s Eve?
  • What are you most thankful for today?

12 Responses to “New Years Resolutions”

1. Erica January 2, 2012 at 7:27 am #

Glad you had a nice New Years (despite the pain :(). Again- you really are looking fabulous!!!!!!! Great goals. Not overloading myself is a constant goal of mine…but I stink at it!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 2, 2012 at 9:37 am #

I love your resolution! That goal would be good for me too! I am always taking on too much to get done each day and then stress out if I can’t get it all done in one day!

2. Maren January 2, 2012 at 11:52 am #

Ohh that cookie picture literally had me drooling! I like your resolutions, I know you will accomplish them. And I did your Quick Holiday Circuit 3 times while on vacation it was a perfect workout.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 2, 2012 at 1:23 pm #

Yay! I’m glad you liked the circuit workout! I did it once but mad to modify it a bit and take a few breaks! I was sore the next day and was definitely breathing hard while doing it!

Those cookies were amazing! I have probably 30 frozen in my freezer right now that I just need to throw away. I had a lot over the holidays and am now needed to cut all that sugar back out of my diet!

3. sweetlyvegan January 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm #

Your bump is getting big and you look fabulous! I love your glittery sweater!! So chic! Your cookies look amazing as well! I’m glad I don’t have anymore around our house so the temptation isn’t there!
    I love your resolutions… you are very productive during the day and organizing is one thing you are great at and I could totally use some improvement!
    I usually don’t make resolutions, but I might as well! I will have two. One is to always get my workout done in the morning so that I don’t have to think about it for the rest of the day. Two is to not let my mood of the day be based around the number on the scale. I feel so bad about myself if the number is even one pound more than what I expect and then the rest of the day I just kind of sulk- forget one and a half or two pounds I would freak. (Obviously I am a little less OCD about this while pregnant bc frequent weight gain is to be expected) So no more of that this year for me! 🙂
    New Years Eve Chase took me out to a nice dinner at BOA Steakhouse in Santa Monica and we had some really great food! Then we went home and watched Hall Pass and I passed out on the couch around 10:30 while Chase worked on his laptop. Woke up at 1am like “wow I am getting old!! LOL”
    Today I am most thankful for my beautiful little family and a healthy pregnancy! xoxo

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

I need to throw the remaining cookies away. Right now they are in the freezer, but I actually like them better frozen so it not good to have them around.

Your resolutions are great. I love working out first thing in the morning. If I don’t do it then I seriously think about it all day long. Getting the workout done first thing in the morning, I don’t have to think about it the rest of the day and the following morning I don’t have time to think about it because before I know it is already over with!
      As for you second resolution, I know it’s hard not to get hung up on the number on the scale and I actually did a post on this exact subject a while back you might want to check out: https://balancedhealthylife.com/2011/08/08/scale-weight/
      Being pregnant it is hard gaining weight and I know I don’t like to see my weight increase by more than one pound a week. I had a number in mind I didn’t want to go over during my pregnancy and I’m thisclose to hitting that number! It is so not fun, but I guess the end result is more than worth every pound we have to gain!

I totally feel you on passing out early on NYE! I used to love getting dressed up and staying up all night but that doesn’t even sound appealing to me anymore. I much rather be cozy and comfortable at home!

4. onehealthyapple January 2, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

I only stayed up till 10:30 on New Year’s Eve. Being pregnant really does crazy things for my energy levels!

You look amazing- your outfit is adorable and makes the bump look great!

My big goal for the year is to be more present and only do one thing at a time.

5. Bess January 3, 2012 at 6:27 am #

Cutest pregnant lady ever! Love your top too! Happy New Year 🙂

6. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat January 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

You guys are so cute! Happy New Year!