Day One…

7 Jan

So, today was my first official day on bed rest.  Wondering how I passed my time?  Here is a recap of my very uneventful day!

• Drank coffee and checked my emails form the recliner in our family room
  • Read about breastfeeding while laying on the couch
  • Watched The Help (pretty good movie) while laying on the couch
  • Showered to stretch my legs out a bit, I already feel stiff and my back is getting sore form the lack of movement
  • Laid in bed and did my Hypnobirthing meditation CD
  • Napped in bed for about 20 minutes after I got relaxed from the meditation
  • Hung out on the couch with Keith where I got a reply tweet from Vicki Gunvalson from The Real Housewives of OC <—sad highlight from my day
  • Talk to family members in bed
  • Ate dinner and read blogs on the couch
  • What a jam packed day of doing nothing from different locations in our house.  Change of scenery is a must I’ve already learned when on bed rest.  As you can probably tell, I am not taking a liking to bed rest, but know it is what I need to do for Baby C.  I can’t wait until my appointment on Friday to see if I can move around a bit.  Doing nothing sucks.  I feel so bad for Keith that he has to do all the chores on his own, plus deal with work in addition.  Oh and wait on my hand and foot.  I hate feeling helpless but I’m not going to risk the baby coming early and he agrees.  He came into the bedroom while I was talking with my Mom and I was sitting up in bed and he told that I should really be laying down.  What a good husband!  I really need to get up and move to stretch my muscles out but was told not to stretch.

Other highlights from my day, Cameryn’s hiccups that I swear lasted 15 minutes! They kept me entertained! Reading the new Star magazine I got in the mail. I love gossip magazines! And, I also ordered the rest of our baby things we need for when the baby first arrives, which feels amazing! We got the Target registry completion coupon in the mail yesterday so I immediately went to work with that. I also used a gift card my parents sent me for Christmas to buy myself a few sweaters. I can’t wait to get them and wear some new clothes. I’m so sick of my limited maternity wardrobe!

Anyways, that is it from my end.  I wish I had more important or interesting things to share, but I don’t.  That may be a good thing!  Winking smile

I hope you are all having a great weekend!

Questions:

• How is your weekend going so far?
    • What has been your favorite part of your weekend so far?
    • Do you like gossip magazines as much as I do?

20 Responses to “Day One…”

1. JessSutera January 7, 2012 at 6:17 pm #

Oh man, I would be RIGHT there with you – wanting to just move around and be who you normally are – ACTIVE. But you’re absolutely doing the best by your little one, she’ll arrive safe and sound and at the right time with your patience. Hang in there!!

2. Maren January 7, 2012 at 6:33 pm #

I went stir crazy after my ankle reconstruction. I was couch ridden for 12 weeks straight. I recommend getting into a show that has about 8 seasons streaming on Netflix. I became obsessed with 24 right after I had surgery and it kept me crazy entertained for about 2 weeks.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 8, 2012 at 6:44 am #

24 is so so so good! I wish it was still on! I was thinking of getting back into Gossip Girl or some other TV program with tons of episodes I can watch! I don’t know how you survived 12 weeks! I think the most I’ll be on bed rest is not even two weeks!

3. allieksmith January 8, 2012 at 6:37 am #

I’m so sorry you are hating bed rest… but it least it is for good reason-to keep your baby girl safe and sound for a little while longer 🙂

4. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 8, 2012 at 8:00 am #

Hi Kjirsten!
      I’m just catching up on your posts now! Can’t believe that you were put on bed rest, I’m sure it must be hard, but it will be worth it for your baby girl!! Hope Friday you’ll get good news that you can move around a little bit more!

Hang in there!

5. Erica January 8, 2012 at 8:29 am #

Hang in there!! The internet rocks when youre bed bound

6. loftyappetite January 8, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

I really recommend the book I posted about on Friday – violets of march! it will consume your life (in a good way) except it’ll only kill one day… good luck on bed rest. it sounds like the end is near, hang in there!!

7. Julie January 8, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

Bed rest! Oh my! Well lots of magazines will help pass the time…and online shopping should help too. 🙂 Sounds like you both are healthy and okay – that’s what matters! So just hang in there!

8. mallory January 8, 2012 at 6:38 pm #

Just found your blog! Love it! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Mallory @ http://www.pickyeaterstory.blogspot.com

9. marissa January 8, 2012 at 9:14 pm #

you poor thing! I HATED bedrest. I felt awful because I wasn’t able to MOVE and be ACTIVE! Hang in there, can’t believe you’re dilated so much! woohoo! I was told by my ob/gyn, the exercise helped me have early deliveries! Ha! First son born at 36 weeks, second son, 37 weeks…and you’re more active than I was with either pregnancy!

I LOVE gossip magazines, just never have time to read them…argh!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 9, 2012 at 6:54 am #

My family has a history of having first borns early. Who knows what the cause is but the doctor said when the baby is ready to come, the baby is ready to come. I’m only two days shy of hitting week 36, so I’m so excited for Wednesday to be here!

I have been having major cabin fever and still have to wait until Friday before I see the doctor again. It sucks I can’t even do light house chores or pack my hospital bag. At least those things would keep my occupied! I’m so excited to organize the baby’s room a bit but I know I have to wait!

10. Alicia January 10, 2012 at 6:03 am #

You poor thing! Definitely a busy bed rest day for you though, glad you were able to stay entertained, gossip mags are always good for that! 😉 Hang in there chica!