Weekend Recap

9 Jan

Hey guys!

I’m in a much better mood today on day three of bed rest.  I think I’m getting into the swing of things- doing nothing.  Plus I have been on bed rest for 2 1/2 days and only have two more to go until I can avoid the helicopter ride to Phoenix to deliver Baby C as long as she continues to stay put.  Once I make it to Wednesday, my next goal it to make it until Friday for my next doctor’s appointment (I’m curious to see if I’ve dilated anymore) and then from there I want to make it to Wednesday the 18th.  I’m really hoping I don’t give birth this Friday the 13th as I’m pretty superstitious.

In other news, is it sad that I try to put off my shower until about noon because it is the most consecutive standing I do all day and I treasure it?  I feel like if I shower first thing in the morning I don’t really have anything to look forward to all day?

The past few days have been pretty uneventful, but I have done a lot of baby research and feel pretty confident that I can handle labor, breastfeeding and infant care.  I’ve also watched two movies and am excited to pick out another one to watch today.  On Saturday I watched The Help and yesterday I watched I Don’t Know How She Does It.  Both were good movies I thought, but neither blew me away.

Here are my eats from the weekend

Saturday

• Breakfast- Ezekiel English Muffin with Egg and Cheese + coffee with creamer + whey protein shake.
  • AM Snack-  Apple and Clif Mojo bar
  • Lunch-  Greek yogurt with chia seeds, almond butter and honey
  • Dinner-  BLT on a whole wheat bun with Alexia brand onion rings

*I also had a little peppermint bark during the day as well

Sunday

• Breakfast- Ezekiel English Muffin with Egg and Cheese + Coffee with creamer
  • AM Snack- Apple and Clif Mojo bar
  • Lunch- Greek yogurt with chia seeds, almond butter and honey
  • Dinner-  Flank steak stir fry with whole wheat noodles

*Peppermint bark and mini shortbread cookies were also consumed a couple times

Since I’m not working out or moving much, I’m trying to stick with my work week eats as much as possible and also trying to eat a little bit less since I don’t need to eat the calories I burn in the gym.

Workouts have obviously been zero.

Random Pictures:

Quincy destroyed my heating pad, but luckily Keith went out and bought a new one for me to use

IMG_0569

This past Thursday, we got some baby goodies for Baby C.  I had fun setting up the swings and vibrating chair.  We are waiting to open the play mat and are waiting to decide on the perfect spot to put her video monitor.  The video monitor was a Christmas gift from Keith’s parents and it is so neat!  I had a lot of fun playing around with it before I got put on bed rest.

IMG_0572

Typical lunchIMG_0575

Keith made us the best stir fry last night for dinner.  It was filled with organic veggies and wasn’t salty at all!  He made whole wheat noodles along with it!  So good!IMG_0576IMG_0579

My bowl, I went back for more noodles!

IMG_0580

I’m excited to eat the leftovers for dinner tonight!

Well, that’s it for me!  It’s time for me to go watch a movie!  Winking smile

I hope you are all having a great start to your week!

Questions:

• What is your favorite stir fry vegetable?
  • What do you think of Beyonce’s baby name- Blue Ivy?
  • If you used baby carriers for your kids, how old were they when you started using them?

20 Responses to “Weekend Recap”

1. Kerry January 9, 2012 at 10:58 am #

Keep resting! I’m sure everything will be fine! Can’t wait to see baby c though!! Xx

2. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 9, 2012 at 11:16 am #

Great to hear you’re in a better mood about being on bed rest! You’re doing a great job at keeping yourself a little occupied. I love watching movies and would probably do the exact same thing.

As far as Blue Ivy… Not crazy about the name at all. So tired of celebrities giving their children such weird names. It’s like a contest to see who can come up with the weirdest name… lol

Happy Resting!

3. maria@healthydiaries January 9, 2012 at 11:34 am #

I can’t imagine how tough being on bed rest must be for you, since your so active. It’s good though that your listening to the doctors orders! Fingers crossed that you haven’t dilated and more! Good Luck!

4. Shanna like Banana January 9, 2012 at 11:51 am #

We got the Bjorn and hubby has already busted it out at 1 week. I cant wait to use it!

I am glad you are finding a rhythm on bed rest. Each day is a victory 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm #

Hmmm, I might need to order one then. I wasn’t sure if it was something we could hold off on, but I’m sure it would come in handy a lot!

Each day is a victory! I actually can’t believe today is already going so fast! I’m loving it!

5. Jamie @ Food in Real Life January 9, 2012 at 11:58 am #

I have that bouncy chair too! It’s so cute. Glad you are feeling better today. Eats look good too- but I don’t know how you make it through the afternoon on so little food! I’d be dying after just some greek yogurt!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 9, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

That bouncy chair is super cute! 🙂

I don’t eat the yogurt plain, I add in about 2+ tbsp almond butter, 2+ tbsp chia seeds and about 2+ tbsp honey. So that combined with all the protein in the yogurt just fills me up for a while!

6. Tiff January 9, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

I’d be excited for leftovers too! Oh, and you’ve totally got me wanting peppermint bark. I have to admit – I’m not jealous of your bed rest. Hang in there girl!

7. Shayla @ The Good Life January 9, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

So glad you’re feeling better hon! Many thoughts and prayers sent your way that Baby C will bake in there a bit more longer!!! 🙂

And you know how I feel about Beyonce’s baby name…interesting. Oh and I found out today the first name “Blue” is for Jay Z’s hit albums (Blueprint)….crazy huh?! I just don’t understand why celebrities give their children such bizarre names?!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 10, 2012 at 7:08 am #

Thanks! I am feeling better knowing that if I make it through today I wont have to fly to Phoenix which is a HUGE relief and weight lifted off my shoulders!

8. Jen@foodfamilyfitness January 10, 2012 at 6:01 am #

Bedrest is tough, but it’s better than the alternative! My brother and his wife had both of their babies really early, the first one had a 30 day stay in the NICU and the 2nd one had a 10 day stay in the NICU. Thinking positive thoughts for you, Baby C will be here and snuggled in your arms before you know it!!!!

9. Alicia January 10, 2012 at 6:09 am #

I’m totally sharing your addiction to peppermint bark! 🙂 I’m glad you are getting more into the swing of things, not by choice, but for baby C!! One day at time hun, you can do it!

My favorite stir fry veggie-BROCCOLI!! 😀 yumm!

I think B&J’s name is unique to say the least; I like it but I couldn’t name my baby that. 🙂

10. marissa January 10, 2012 at 7:28 am #

you take care of yourself and baby and keep resting! Ha, about the shower…you must look forward to that all day 🙂 Aw, your poor heating pad! Our dog would probably have done the same thing! Keep us posted on your next appt! Oh and for stir fry, I’m so boring…I like chicken and broccoli!

11. Maren January 10, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

I’m so glad baby C is staying put! I’ve been so worried. At least this is giving you some extra time to really slow down and mentally prepare for everything. This time is priceless.