Week 35 Pregnancy Update

11 Jan

I am so happy to be in my 36th week.  That means we avoided having to take a helicopter to Phoenix to deliver Baby C.  It is such a weight lifted off my shoulders and I’m going to try and relax a bit now and just hope the baby cooks for another week.  If you haven’t checked it out yet, check out this post on bed rest.

How Big is Baby?

Baby, fetus at 35 weeks - BabyCenter

According to BabyCenter.com,

Your baby doesn’t have much room to maneuver now that he’s over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it’s so snug in your womb, he isn’t likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he’ll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

According to BabiesOnline,

Your baby is getting plump. The fat deposits are now beginning to offer form and fullness to your baby’s legs and arms. Your baby is taking up most of the room in your uterus, so there is a lot less room to move around. Also, your baby’s lungs are now completely developed and producing what is called surfactant, a substance that helps in the exchange of oxygen in the lungs. Your baby is now approximately 18 inches long and weighs about five pounds. If you were to have your premature baby now, you’d be happy to know that there is a 99 percent chance of the baby surviving.

How I’m Feeling Physically

Physically during week 35, I was feeling fine.  My back started aching just because I had to give up all exercise, but other than that I feel good.  It is really hard adjusting to being so inactive.  I have so much pent up energy I’m hoping it will help me deliver Baby C is no time at all.  I feel like I could go have a great workout and do a million things at any point.  Since I was told not even to stretch, I definitely feel like my butt is getting bigger every hour I spend sitting on the couch!  Winking smile

It is all worth it though so Baby C can hang out a little bit longer, gain more weight and keep developing before she makes her grand entrance into the world.

I have been still getting those sharp pains down my stomach and I believe that is what is happening when my cervix is dilating.  Like I mentioned before the doctor didn’t seem to worry about those pains and said it was likely baby on a nerve, but I swear, call it mother’s intuition, they are being caused by my baby pushing down into my cervix.  I just have an inclining.  I am also have pressure off and on where I think I can feel where the baby’s head is at.  It hasn’t got any worse since last Friday, so I’ll be curious to see if I am anymore dilated this Friday at my week 36 doctor’s appointment.

I have been mostly listening to the doctor’s bed rest advice (99.5% of the time), but I will admit I have done a few things like collecting items for the baby to bring with us to the hospital, I’ve feed the dog and I did tidy up her nursery for about five minutes one night.  If I do anything like that I make sure not to be on my feet for more than a few minutes and always lay down afterwards right away. Thankfully my husband has been amazing and is always checking up on what I’m doing to make sure I’m laying down.  I was sitting up in bed talking on the phone with my mom the other night, when bed rest patrol came into the room and instructed me to lay down!  Smile

What would I do without him?  ❤ ❤ ❤

How I’m Feeling Emotionally

Last week was a bit emotional for me.  I went into my appointment on Friday excited for the weekend.  I had big plans to get the house cleaned up, pack our hospital bags and socialize with friends, but all those plans changed when I heard the news I was being put on bed rest.  What a bummer.  When the doctor was warning me against everything I couldn’t do I started crying because I was feeling so unprepared.  Here I thought I had 30+ more days and the doctor is telling me I will be lucky not to have the baby within the week!  It was just such shocking information and I was in disbelief.  I was both scared and excited at the same time.  More than anything, I didn’t want to have to fly in a helicopter by myself as Keith drove our stuff and car down to Phoenix.  I was scared to fly in a helicopter for starters and the thought of being in labor by myself for hours wasn’t sitting well either.  Since Keith and I moved out to Arizona by ourselves, we have no family in town so it is only the two of us.  Thinking I could potentially deliver a baby with no one by my side was too much for me to think about.

Luckily during bed rest, I’ve been able to fully prepare myself for Baby C’s arrival at any time.  I feel confident in my birthing method (Hypnobirthing), feel like I have a good handle on breastfeeding (although I still expect the hospital to help me get started) and I feel like I have a good idea of what the first few weeks with Baby C will be like (lots of feedings, diaper changes and not a lot of sleep).  We were able to order most of the things we still needed before our little princess’s arrival and I can’t wait to start getting all the items in the mail!  One things for sure, bed rest and online shopping go hand in hand!  Winking smile

Right now I’m hoping Baby C stays put at least until next Wednesday.  My dream scenario for her coming early (if she has to) would be to go into labor Tuesday and deliver her early morning on Wednesday.  Not only would she be full term by then (yay), but my doctor would be the one to deliver her since she delivers babies only on Tuesdays.

Random Tidbits

• Total Weight Gained so Far:  24lbs
  • Number of Movies I’m Watching on Average Per Day:  2
  • Days Until Due Date:  28
  • Days Until Baby C is Full Term:  7!  Wahoo
  • Centimeters Dilated:  2+
  • Favorite Thing About Bed Rest:  I can sneak a piece of dark chocolate anytime during the day!  Smile
  • Food Cravings:  Nothing, I’m actually having problems finding things that sound delicious, although the salad I had last night rocked my world!

Week 35 Belly Photos

I actually feel like the bump didn’t grow at all last week.  It is feeling a little bit small today.

IMG_0587IMG_0590

Other Pictures:  New Nursery Items and Hospital Going Home Options (there’s a lot)

Baby Swing

IMG_0597

Baby Vibrating Chair

IMG_0598

New Table and Lamp

IMG_0599

Book Shelves (still a bit bare)

IMG_0600

Closet- I’m loving those pink bins to store things like open packs of diapers, bottles, product instructions.

IMG_0602

Clothes side of her closet- we have a budding fashionista and she doesn’t even know it yet!  More pink bins, we have toys in one, bibs in another and then clothes (onesies and pants) 3-9 months in one and clothes 9 months + in another

IMG_0603

Diapers and essentials drawer right under her changing pad

IMG_0609

Outdoor hats, shoes, socks and hair bows drawer!  My favorite!  Smile

IMG_0610

Pajamas, onesies, mittens, hats and pants, sizes newborn to 3 months all washed and ready to go!

IMG_0611

Hospital clothes.  I know I am going to way over pack for Cameryn, but I want to make sure I have many options.  If you know me, I always over pack by a lot and I don’t see that changing anytime soon!

Blanket, extra boppy cover (I don’t want to take her good cover with to the hospital), swaddle me blanket, pajamas in both new born sizes and 0-3 months (we don’t know how big she could be), socks, mittens, outdoor hats and boots and one outfit in size newborn.  I know the chances of her wearing boots and an actual outfit home are basically none but I just need to pack them anyways!  Winking smile

IMG_0601

IMG_0605IMG_0607

28 Responses to “Week 35 Pregnancy Update”

1. loftyappetite January 11, 2012 at 8:05 am #

wow looks like you are so prepared! that’s wonderful, her closet is the cutest! now just sit back, read a book, and she will be here in no time 😉

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 11, 2012 at 11:55 am #

I’m trying to be prepared. I’m definitely the type of person who would rather be overly prepared than not prepared at all! Can’t wait to get into a good book! I keep sitting down to download a good book on the kindle but then get distracted reading about baby stuff!

2. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 11, 2012 at 10:08 am #

So much pink! 🙂
    Look at you all prepared!! It seems like you’re taking the bed rest really well! I too would probably sneak in little things here and there, but it looks like you have nothing to worry about. Curious what your doctor will tell you on Friday! Good Luck!

3. Shanna, like Banana January 11, 2012 at 10:31 am #

Yay! I’m glad you passed the 36 week mark 🙂 Victory!

And look at that closet full of clothes. Sawyer’s pales in comparison. Yesterday he had such a cute outfit on though and not a single person saw it besides me and my SIL. Sigh. I want to show off the cute ones 😉

I didn’t use most of the stuff I brought to the hospital and didn’t bring the boppy. I use it now, but at the hospital, it was all about pillows and just finding the latch, not so much the long term positioning.

Hope you’re reading some good trashy magazines =P

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 11, 2012 at 11:43 am #

You need to take lots of pictures of all the cute outfits so you can look back! Having a girl, I think there is so much more cute clothing for them than baby boys. I’m sure when I have a boy someday (fingers crossed) his closet wont be nearly as stocked! 🙂

Maybe I’ll keep the boppy in the car so we can grab it if we need it. I had a few people tell me to bring one so I rather have it just in case.

I’ve read too many trashy magazines!

4. Maren January 11, 2012 at 11:02 am #

I’m so glad you made it to Wednesday! You’re good to go now. Everything in the Nursery is so pink! I love it. Too cute.

5. Heather B January 11, 2012 at 11:10 am #

I’m glad you’re hanging in there! Bedrest was so hard for me too. I can’t wait to see pictures of baby C! You should have a virtual baby shower, I would love to send a gift!! Not that you need anymore stuff though, I’m sure 🙂

6. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart January 11, 2012 at 11:45 am #

Husbands/fathers are just the cutest! 🙂 I love love love little girl clothes! I have 4 nieces and I just adore buying them cute pink things! Glad you made it to 36 weeks…continuing to pray you make it to full term!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 11, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Thanks so much! Only one more week to go! 🙂

Little girls clothes are awesome! Plus I love how cheap they are compared to adult clothing! Makes buying things for them so much easier, but I think then I just tend to buy more of it!

7. Hollie @ Lolzthatswim(andRun) January 11, 2012 at 7:15 pm #

I cannot imagine bedrest. WAHH. I’m glad you are hanging in girl and I’ll be thinking of ya! All those clothes are just precious!

8. Alicia January 12, 2012 at 7:57 am #

Yay for making it to 36 weeks! 😀 *Happy Dance*! Not much longer now, how exciting!! Baby C’s nursery looks absolutely adorable!! Way to go mommy! I love all the pink, I can’t get enough of it! I agree, girl’s clothes are so much cuter than boys! 🙂 Hang in there girlie, the finish line is almost here, she’ll be in your arms before you know it! 😉

9. Shayla @ The Good Life January 12, 2012 at 11:03 am #

Yay for making it to 36 weeks!! So happy for you and many prayers sent your way that she stays in there and cooks for a bit longer 🙂 And yes, after all this rest, I’ll bet you’ll be raring to go when you give birth…you’ll have so much energy to push she’ll probably just shoot right outta you! 😛

And love how great your hubby is being, that’s so awesome. And I agree in that your bump looks super small for 36 weeks, I bet once you have her you’ll be back at your pre-pregnancy weight, lol! And I’m gushing over the cuteness of her clothes!! If I can’t wait to see her in them I can’t imagine how you must be feeling 😉 Good luck tomorrow at your appointment and here’s to hoping you’re not any more dialated! xo

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 13, 2012 at 7:21 am #

Haha, I don’t know if she’ll shoot right outta me, but I’m willing to take it! How easy would that be? 😉

I’m lucky to have such an amazing hubby!

10. Brittaney @ The Krazy Life January 12, 2012 at 11:22 am #

Hi Kjirsten,
    Through some random blog hopping I landed on yours and gosh do we have a lot in common! I am also 36 weeks pregnant, was on a bed rest for a while, from Minnesota (Go Vikings!) and I think that’s just the start of the similarities.

You are so close to meeting your precious baby girl so hang in there! Hopefully soon you will be off and bedrest, and then you’ll have so much energy you wont even know what to do with yourself. And how cute are all those little outfits?! I love that she already has one stocked closet full of everything pink!

11. marissa January 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

yay for 36 weeks 🙂

My gosh, you guys seem prepared for baby! Oh my goodness, that swing was the BEST baby item ever! Saved us so many sleepness nights with our oldest boy, he didn’t do well in the crib, so the swing was a savior! Good luck Mommy-to-be 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 13, 2012 at 7:19 am #

I’m glad you guys loved the swing so much! Makes me feel good we have one! I thought it would be good while I was working from home to keep the baby occupied!

12. Laury January 12, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

Ella has all 3 of those bottom outfits!!!

Aww, hang in there! I can’t believe how tiny your belly is at 36 weeks!

You are so organized and ready! I hope she hangs in there a few more weeks though!

I wish you the best at your doc appt tomorrow!!!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 13, 2012 at 7:18 am #

Haha, baby cothes are just too fun not to buy! 🙂

I think my bump shrunk somehow when I took these last sets of pictures as it was on full display last night! It is crazy how much it can change over the course of a day!

Thanks, I hope she hangs out a little bit longer too!

13. Ashley @ Coffee Cake and Cardio January 13, 2012 at 10:39 am #

Just adorable!! Congratulations! I just love all of the fun prep work leading up to the arrival. So exciting.

14. sweetlyvegan January 17, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

I just love all the pink!!! We have some of the same baby outfits too! the little cat hat and pink leopard pajamas.. I got those at one of my showers last week 🙂
    What kind of diapers are you using? They look like all natural- that is something I would like to go with also but don’t know a whole lot about just yet. I also have the Burt’s Bee’s bath and diaper creams. LOVE 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 36 Weeks Fetus Pictures | Pregnancy - January 14, 2012

[…] potentially deliver a baby with no one by my side was too much for me to think about. Read more on 36 Weeks Fetus Pictures Related […]