Doctor’s Visit Today, Finally!

13 Jan

Good morning and Happy Friday the 13th to all of you!

If there is one day I don’t want Baby C to be born it is today.  Superstitious, heck yes!  Although Keith really likes Friday the 13th, but his reason for not wanting Baby C to come today (or this weekend) is that there are football games on both Saturday and Sunday that he simply can’t miss!  Gotta love the way men think!  Smile

So after completing a week on bed rest, I finally get to go into the doctor today for another check up.  I’m so curious to see what’s going on with my body and Baby C.  Last week at this time she was pretty confident we would have a baby by now, so I’m thinking bed rest and not moving at all may have kept Baby C in the womb after all.  I don’t have high hopes she will let me off bed rest since I’m still not full term, but maybe she will let me do some light activities like walking the dog, stretching and doing prenatal yoga back into my routine (I’m not holding my breathe).

The good news is, we will have another appointment Monday (hopefully in the morning) for another check up, so I wont have to wait another whole week to learn more information.  I also think if I don’t give birth by Wednesday, she’ll let me off bed rest since I will be full term.

There is just so much up in the air that it is driving me crazy!

I will admit I did run out to Target on Wednesday for a quick trip.  I needed to get out of the house.  I was slowly going insane.  It felt so good to see other people and drive in a car, you have no idea.  I made me list super small and was in and out of there in a flash.  I might ask the doctor today if I can also run an errand here and there just because cabin fever is at an all time high.  Yesterday, I also started packing my suitcase for the hospital.  I know I shouldn’t be doing these things, but I can only lay on my side or sit on my butt for so long and am being extra careful with my couple things I did do while being on bed rest.

Eats have been pretty standard, here is what my typical day has looked like this week:

• Breakfast-  Black coffee, Bagel thin (we’re out of my beloved Ezekiel English muffins) with egg, cheese and tomato along with 1/2 an orange
  • AM Snack-  Apple and Clif Mojo bar
  • Lunch-  Greek yogurt with almond butter, chia seeds and honey
  • PM Snack-  Dark chocolate <—I can’t help it, when I’m at home the dark chocolate calls my name from the cupboard, I swear!
  • Dinner-  Chicken and salad (Tuesday), Cheese pizza (Wednesday), Chicken and salad (Thursday)

I’ve been a lot hungrier this past week than I usually am. I don’t know if it is the lack of working out (tear) or my body just wanting more nutrients as the baby really packs on the pounds these last few weeks and as it prepares itself for labor.

Workouts have still been nonexistent.  I think I’m already losing muscle tone and I’m sure my cardiovascular endurance is already wasting away as well.  But that doesn’t discourage me at all.  I’m actually excited to get back into the gym and get my post baby body in even better shape than my pre baby body!  I love a good challenge and thinking my body can be even better after baby is already motivating me!  I’m ready to prove everyone who says becoming pregnant ruins your body!  I don’t have  a plan for once baby is here, but I think I’m going to start with long cardio workouts twice a week with weights three times a week along with HITT workouts 2-3 times a week.  I’ll let everyone know my plan once I’ve finalized it.  I’m not too worried about losing the baby weight, but am keeping a 6 month goal in my head.  That would put me back at my pre baby weight by July or August.  Which I think it totally doable.  I don’t want to put any stress on myself and just let my body do its own thing.

Speaking of workouts, I really need to give you guys another workout of the week soon!  I’ll get working on that ASAP and try to get a new one posted this weekend.

In other news, the rest of our baby items get delivered to us today.  I am feeling so prepared and I love it!  Tomorrow we’ll just need to set up the car seat bases in our cars and we will be good to rock-n-roll!  Only 26 days left until our official due date!  Winking smile

That is it form my end!  As always, I’ll keep you guys posted on my doctor’s visit and any progress I have over the weekend!

Also, I want to thank each and everyone of you for being so supportive in my pregnancy journey!  All your comments, emails and tweets put a smile on my face everyday!  You all definitely make being on bed rest a heck of a lot easier!

19 Responses to “Doctor’s Visit Today, Finally!”

1. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat January 13, 2012 at 7:40 am #

I’m not a big planner but think I’d be going crazy waiting too! Good luck today! ❤

2. La. January 13, 2012 at 8:12 am #

I’ve been SUPER anxious for an update!!!! I was SHOCKED by my body after the last pregnancy. Even though I DID workout til the very end my body acted as if I hadn’t. It’s like coming back from negative. Try not to be TOO hard on yourself! But I believe you can have an awesome body after baby as well!

3. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 13, 2012 at 8:57 am #

I’m definitely a planner like you and have to have everything ready on time, if not early! Can’t wait to hear what your doctor tells you at today’s appointment! Good Luck!

4. Heather B January 13, 2012 at 9:32 am #

I can’t wait to her about your check up! Please post again today 🙂 I also am excited for a good workout. I just got a bosu ball so if you have any good exercises using that, that would be awesome!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 15, 2012 at 5:54 am #

Sorry I didn’t post again on Friday, I got a headache, but I did post about it today for you!

• Heather B January 15, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

Haha I was just excited!! I’m glad she stayed put for a little while longer!! Hope these next few days are restful!! 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 17, 2012 at 11:32 am #

They have been restful! A little to restful!

5. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart January 13, 2012 at 9:56 am #

Can’t wait to hear about your appointment! Hope all is well 🙂

6. Shanna, like Banana January 13, 2012 at 10:39 am #

Keep us informed what happens! I’d be going crazy too with bed rest, but you’re oh so close and I bet they’ll let you off in a matter of days. Hang in there 😉

I’m finally getting motivated to start kicking my butt in gear. No more excuses for this girl!

7. Julie January 13, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Hope the doctor visit goes well! And I’ll be following your blog post-pregnancy as well for tips on getting back in shape!

8. marissa January 15, 2012 at 2:07 am #

can’t wait to hear about Monday’s appt! Hang in there, your baby girl is ALMOST here 🙂

9. sweetlyvegan January 17, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

I would totally go stir-crazy on bed rest also 😦 Can u do arm exercises while sitting on the couch? LOL jk. cuz I could see myself trying. haha
    I am definitely anxious to follow your post-partum exercise routine! (Your exercise routine and advice on what to do while pregnant totally jump-started my motivation and honestly kicked my butt in gear on days when I just didn’t feel like it.)
    Chase will be working most days when I am home with the baby, so I am trying to figure out how I am going to work out once the baby is born. Since we have a gym here at our building, and I am usually the only person in there at one time, I was thinking about just bringing her with me in her carseat or boppy.