Pregnancy Insomnia and Doctor’s Appointment Update

15 Jan

It is currently 3:48am as I type this.  I’ve been laying in bed since around 12:30am and just now decided I should get up and get some things done as I clearly wasn’t going to fall back asleep.

So many people have told me to get as much sleep as I can now before the baby arrives, but they never mentioned the insomnia that comes at the end of pregnancy.  Nor do they mention that by week 36, you can be running to the bathroom every 45 minutes, which in itself makes sleeping a hard task to do.  Between bathroom trips, a racing mind and the baby’s movements, sleeping is getting to be quite a hard thing to do.  I’m hoping to get in a much needed nap this afternoon while Keith watches football otherwise I’m going to be one cranky pregnant lady.  I take my 8-9 hours of sleep every night very seriously!  Smile

Anyways, I wanted to update you all on my doctor’s appointment I had on Friday.  I meant to post yesterday (Saturday), but I was getting over a headache and actually worked from home for most of the morning.

I can’t wait to see this smiling face in person possibly very soon (32 week scan)!

CAMERYN_19

My overall appointment went well.  The doctor was surprised to see Keith and I and even exclaimed “You’re still pregnant,” when she saw me.  I am another cm dilated so that makes me around 3cm dilated at this point.  I’m also 70% effaced.  She guessed I would have the baby on Tuesday (when she is working at the birthing center) and said I had a 70% chance of having the baby by this upcoming Friday (January 20th).  She told us typically when you are already 2+cm dilated, rarely do they see woman make it over two weeks without having the baby.  But it is still a possibility that Baby C could be taking her sweet little time leaving the womb, all bodies are different and the doctor was just making a guess based off her knowledge.

The really good news from the appointment was I’m no longer of bed rest!  Yay!  The doctor still wants me resting quite a bit and only doing light activities/chores if I am doing something.  Still no working out, walking or working though.  She was so pleased Baby C stayed put another week and said at this point she will be completely healthy when she is born.  Ultimately she would like to see the baby stay put until I reach at least week 38 though.

I can’t wait to kiss these little feet (20 week scan)!

09-16-2011 05;41;31AM2

So, with that being said, Keith and I are super excited at the possibility of becoming parents in the next few days!  We have as much as we can in order at home ready for her and now the waiting games begin.  Every time I feel a strange feeling in my stomach I think, “Is this it?”  Last night I had about 5-10 minutes of shooting pains in my stomach but no tightening and both Keith and I were a little on edge thinking about what might be happening.  But, as quickly as the pains came, they were gone.

We have our next appointment on Friday.  The doctor wanted us back in on Monday (tomorrow), but forgot it was a holiday and the office was closed.  Since the only other day she is in her office is Friday, that is when we booked our appointment.  So unless we have our baby before Friday, no more pregnancy updates until then.

I wish I knew when she was going to make her entrance!  It’s driving me nuts (12 week scan)!

11 2 Scan

In other news, we installed Cameryn’s car seat in our cars yesterday and I love the look of the husbands car with a cute car seat in it!  We thought it would take a lot longer than it did to install, and will need to have them checked out still to make sure we properly installed them.  We bought one car seat but two bases to make life easy when transporting the baby.  I can’t wait until she is all snuggled in her car seat, she is going to be too cute!

Car seat on the stroller.

2011-10-10 17.54.16

That’s it for me, I think I’m going to go attempt to sleep again, although I have a million things racing through my mind right now, like, how I need to clean the bathrooms tomorrow and mop our floors (ugh).  I wish I could turn my thoughts off long enough to sleep a full night’s sleep.  Who knows, maybe I’ll end up sleeping better once the baby is here!  Ha, probably not, but a girl can dream!  Winking smile

18 Responses to “Pregnancy Insomnia and Doctor’s Appointment Update”

1. Erica January 15, 2012 at 4:52 am #

Someone once told me the insomnia you get at the end of pregnancy is preparation for the lack of sleep you get once the baby is born….I now agree with this notion :). Glad you’ve made it this far- whoop whoop! And yayy for now more bed rest. I hope you get a nap in this afternoon. I NEEDDDD one as well. Kay used to be rocking the sleep, but now that the teeth are coming in…lets just say I’m averaging I think about 4-5 a night now again

2. allieksmith January 15, 2012 at 6:12 am #

This is so exciting! I’m glad you made it through bed rest and now your baby can safely be born! I hope you are able to get some sleep soon 🙂

3. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart January 15, 2012 at 6:32 am #

Yay for being off bed rest! Hopefully you can get some sleep while finishing all the last minute preps before your sweet dream arrives!

4. Alicia January 15, 2012 at 7:00 am #

Boo on the insominia, but it’s totally understandable bc I can feel your EXCITEMENT girl!! 😀 I’m glad you are no longer on bed rest! YAY!! Can’t wait to see pics of sweet Baby C! Love the print on the carseat, we have the same stroller!! 🙂 but I wish I could have gotten that cute print on Baby A’s carseat…hehe Daddy wouldn’t have it.

5. La. January 15, 2012 at 10:38 am #

The end is rough for sure! I slept WAY more after the baby arrived than before… I am getting READY to GET HER OUT! In my hormonal head I lamented at Q while at the gym no less, that her staying in there serves NO purpose because she’s totally our baby in there now and can be out here perfectly fine SO SHE SHOULD. I’ve moved beyond rational thought. PLUS, we have to go to babies r us today and THEN she can come and we will be READY. You are at a 3 and they will admit you at a 4 CRAZY!!!! You’ll let us know right? I kept WAITING all week and then remembered I have your blog delivered to my email… so I DEF didn’t miss it! Thinking and praying!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 15, 2012 at 10:58 am #

Haha, the waiting is SO hard! I was fine waiting my 30+ more days until that doctor’s appointment when the doc said she was coming early! Now I can’t imagine waiting until Feb 8th to meet her! I think when you’re 9 months pregnant, you stop thinking clearly! I’m totally with you on the irrational thinking! 🙂

I’ll let you guys know right when I learn more or am on the was to the hospital and also post a few tweets on my twitter account!

I can’t believe our babies are going to be here so quickly!!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 15, 2012 at 10:58 am #

I can’t believe our babies are going to be here so quickly!!!

6. JessSutera January 15, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

How exciting! I’ll be thinking of you this week!

7. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather January 16, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Oh I hope that insomnia gets better! Crazy to think your little girl could arrive any day now! I’m glad you’re not on strict bed rest anymore and get to do a little bit of stuff around the house.

So excited for you to meet your little girl!

8. Sugel January 17, 2012 at 12:08 am #

Our two year old got one of these as an infant and the ‘rain’ noise has been a staple to help him fall asleep since. His “Sheepie” is a close companion even when the noise is not playing. We bought another one just last week to give as a baby gift, and found that they had upgraded a little. Our sleep sheep only plays 23 minutes of noise, but the newer model give you the option of the noise lasting 23 minutes or 45 minutes. That’s a nice addition, as the 23 minutes sometimes is too short. We have machine washed and dried this MANY times and it seems to be standing up to the beatings a washing machine can give a stuffed animal.

9. Sarah @ blueeyedbarbie.blogspot.com January 17, 2012 at 2:07 am #

I hope you get some sleep! Try lavender linen spray or a lavender scented candle. Its supposed to help you sleep =)

10. sweetlyvegan January 17, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

I totally can sympathize with the pregnancy insomnia. I have it pretty bad some nights too… the last weekend I was in Minnesota I couldn’t sleep at all- bathroom breaks every two hours or so, and by 6am I just couldn’t fall back asleep so I just said screw it and got out of bed (this was when I went to bed at like 12 or 1am) I can’t imagine the insomnia I will have when I’m as far along as you are!!! So these contractions you are feeling… what are they like compared to Braxton Hicks after working out?