Cameryn: One Week Old

25 Jan

Where does the time go?  I can’t believe it has already been a week since I have birth to Baby Cameryn.  I’m still in shock over how quick my delivery was and feel very blessed.

This past week has been spent just enjoying the company of our newest family member.  My days are filled with feeding the baby (this takes up the majority of our day as Cameryn is a slow eater), snuggling, cuddling, just watching her and giving her kisses on her sweet little lips!

I can’t believe how quickly the days are going by and I’m just cherishing each and every day.  I haven’t done much around the house or outside of it.  I’m just so content chilling with the baby.  I honestly don’t know what I used to spend my time doing or thinking about as she has consumed all my time.

We are lucky our dog, Quincy, has been pretty good around her.  He definitely get a little cranky when she cries at night and we’ll find him with his head under the bed trying to block out her cries.  He is also getting curious and will come up to her and sniff her.  I don’t let him give her puppy kisses, but he has tried many many times.  I think he is just now realizing she is a part of the family and not just a guest.

Speaking of guests, Keith’s mom and dad get here on Monday and we are so excited to show her off to someone.  Since I didn’t get a flu shot and she is such a tiny little baby, we are trying not to bring her anywhere if we don’t need too.  We are also trying to keep visitors to a minimum until she gets a bit older and puts on a little weight.  Keith’s parents will be here for a week and then my mom gets into town the day before they leave, so we’ll have lots of much needed helping hands around here.  I’m just so excited to see the joy she brings to her grandparents eyes and lives!  Cameryn is just the best!

During this past week, Cameryn has started lifting up her neck, opening her eyes a lot more and looking around a lot more, griping fingers and other objects and has been sleeping a lot.  It is so amazing to me how much she has changed in just a week!

She had her first doctor’s appointment yesterday and she check out healthy.  She does have a little jaundice going on and she only weighed in at 5lbs 1oz.  I wasn’t too happy with the weight but the doctor didn’t seem to worried about it.  Cameryn goes back today to get reweighed in and also to get her jaundice checked.  I’m hoping her weight is higher.  She is a good eater, but she takes so long to eat.  I usually wake her up and then take off all her clothes but her onesie to try and get her to wake up.  Sometimes she will feed for 30 minutes and other times she’ll feed for 3 minutes.  She also likes taking her time.  Getting her to feed for 30 minutes usually takes us a total of 60-80 minutes.

She is a great sleeping during the day and has been pretty cranky at night.  The doctor said this is typical and that I should just get on her sleeping schedule.  The doctor said she will get on a better sleeping schedule around one month of age.  She did sleep great last night, waking up twice to eat.  It was nice because she woke up right around the time I set my alarm to go off.  Babies need to eat about every 2-3 hours during the day and 4 hours during the night.  It was nice because I was able to finally get a little bit of sleep.

The lack of sleep has left me utterly exhausted.  Hence the reason I’m just finally getting around to blogging.  I usually sleep about 2-4 hours a night and then walk around like a zombie all day.  I actually started feeling sick the other day because I was so extremely exhausted and I think hungry.  Breastfeeding burns some serious calories.  I was so weak and only wanted to sleep.  I’m not great at taking naps during the day, but now realize I just need to force myself in order to take care of the little bean.  I think I’m ready to plan out meals again and venture to the grocery store to stock up on lots of easy to grab healthy eats.  I find I’m off my regular eating since I’m usually doing something with the baby and then get so hungry I just grab something quick like an apple or Clif Mojo bar.

With that being said, I’m off to feed the baby!

Beautiful baby girl!

IMG_0805

Snuggle time with Daddy!

IMG_0807IMG_0808

Getting ready for her doctor’s appointment.  She is so little all her newborn clothes are so big on her.

IMG_0813

Exhausted after her big day out (just to the doctors).  I love all her little positions!

IMG_0816IMG_0817

Touchdown pose, she is getting ready for the super bowl!

IMG_0823

Oh, and yes pink is Cameryn’s favorite color!  Winking smile

29 Responses to “Cameryn: One Week Old”

1. Claire @ Live & Love to Eat January 25, 2012 at 10:04 am #

She is so beautiful, Kjirsten!

2. HollieisFueledByLOLZ January 25, 2012 at 10:29 am #

I agree. That is by far one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen.

3. Erica January 25, 2012 at 11:46 am #

Enjoy! She is such a cutie! Kaylin got a little jaundice too. And her weight definitely went down a good chunk as well. Don’t worry, that peanut will be packing on the lbs..ok, the ozs..soon! ❤ ya girl

4. Shayla @ The Good Life January 25, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

She’s so precious and beautiful Kjirsten!!! And love the photo with her and Keith – adorable! And loving her outfits too – she’s definitely one fashionista 😉

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2012 at 9:14 am #

I can’t wait until she gets bigger and can wear her ultra fashionista outfits! 🙂
      I dressed her yesterday in a newborn top but it looked more like a newborn dress on her! I think I’m loving dressing her up a little too much! 🙂

5. Jamie @ Food in Real Life January 25, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

She’s so cute Kjirsten! Glad to hear you are doing okay- I’m sure there is so much to get adjusted to!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2012 at 9:13 am #

There is a lot to get adjusted to and you just need to go with the flow. I can’t wait for you to experience all of this and to see pictures of your precious baby girl!

6. allieksmith January 25, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

Cameryn is PRECIOUS! Glad to hear you are all adjusting well! <333

7. sweetlyvegan January 25, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Wow she is already a week old! Those baby poses are seriously cute with the arm out!! It’s totally the little things in life! And I just love her little outfits!!! The pic of Cameryn with your hubby totally shows just how small she is!! what a little peanut! I found tons of good articles about breastfeeding on babble.com in the newborn section if u are interested… and I wanted to ask you what kind of bottles are you using once u start using them? I am thinking about the Tommy Tipee ones and just wondering if anyone knows anything about those 🙂 Anyway, glad to hear you are all adjusting well. Hope you are able to get a little rest when the family comes into town to help 🙂 Otherwise~ coffee! can u drink more than one cup while breastfeeding tho? xoxox ❤

• Alicia January 26, 2012 at 7:45 am #

I was looking into the Tommy Tipee bottles as well, but I don’t know much about them.. Have you chosen a breast pump if you plan on breastfeeding? I’m clueless as far as which Bpump to get. :-/

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2012 at 9:03 am #

I went with Born Free bottles, glass and the regular. I looked at the Tommy Tipee, but decided I liked the born free better, I think just from reading reviews. I found a good deal on the glass bottles at drugstore.com. I’m not sure when we plan to use them, but probably not for another month or two. I want to make sure Cameryn is on a routine with breastfeeding as I don’t want to confuse her. We’ll probably only use the bottles maybe twice a week is needed.

We bought the Madela Advanced Breast Pump (I liked the backpack version the best, it was smaller and less bulky than the other two versions of the same pump). I haven’t used it yet, but have been curious to give it a try.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2012 at 9:11 am #

So far breastfeeding has been going really well. I was thinking it would be much harder and I would struggle, but so far it has been relatively easy. It is just being patient and letting Cameryn take all the time she needs to get in a decent feeding. I’ll have to check out those articles as I don’t think you can even have enough information.

We are using Born Free bottles. I ordered some from drugstore.com (9oz glass ones I couldn’t find anywhere) and then I bought some of the 5oz and 9oz regular bottles from Target. They seemed to have great reviews and I like that I got both glass and plastic. The less plastic in Cameryn’s life the better, but I didn’t want to have only glass. I thought plastic ones would be easier to pack in a diaper bag and less likely to break.

I’m sticking with decaf for now. I think you can have just a bit of regular, but I’m not sure!

8. marissa January 25, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

look at all that pink? She’s absolutely precious! Cherish every, single moment 🙂 Congratulations, yet again!!!

9. Alicia January 26, 2012 at 7:46 am #

One week already?! 😀 Awww!! She is adorable, I can’t believe how tiny she is, the newborn clothes really swallow her up. I’m sure she’ll gain the necessary weight she needs to gain soon 😉 Get rest chicky and eat up for baby! 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 26, 2012 at 8:59 am #

I can’t believe she is a week old already! Time is going by so quickly and I just take everyday and cherish my time with her! She was already up at the doctors yesterday when she got reweighed in, so I was very happy about that!

10. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries January 26, 2012 at 10:40 am #

She’s so precious! Don’t worry though because all babies loose weight in the first week of their lives. She’ll fatten up in no time!! I can’t believe it’s been a week already!

11. La. January 26, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

I want to hold her! Can I have mine soon? Pink is AWESOME and I’m super glad you are embracing its awesomeness.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life January 27, 2012 at 8:43 am #

I’m a hog with her and always need to be holding her. I told my husband to let me know when I’m being a baby hog or when he wants to snuggle her!

Your little one will be here any time now!!! So exciting!!! New babies are the best!

12. Jen@foodfamilyfitness January 30, 2012 at 8:13 am #

I love all of the pink!! She is gorgeous, and yes, it goes by SO fast!!! Enjoy all of the sweet newborn snuggles 🙂

13. Brooke Stately January 31, 2012 at 10:29 am #

Just an FYI for new moms about bottles: Don’t buy too many of one kind until you know which kid your baby will use. With my first I bought like 20 Dr. Brown’s and she never liked them. Now, with my 2nd, I have a huge variety and it depends on the day which kid she will take. (Although, neither ever cared for the bottle anyway)
    I do like the Tommy Tipee though.

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 3, 2012 at 8:50 am #

We got some Tommy Tipee as a gift and have Born Free as well. I don’t plan on using them for a while, but I’m hoping she’ll like something we already have.

14. Tiff February 1, 2012 at 12:17 pm #

Thanks for the pictures. They’re too cute for words. I can’t wait for more!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 3, 2012 at 8:52 am #

I’ll try to get back to blogging sometime soon, there just doesn’t seem to be enough time in the days yet! I have been taking lots and lots of pictures so I have many to post! 🙂