Cameryn Olivia: 2 & 3 Weeks

12 Feb

These past two weeks have flown by!

I can’t believe how fast Cameryn is changing!

Week 2

Week two was a hard week.  I was a total zombie.  I couldn’t sleep, barely had time to eat and was running on empty.  We decided to let the baby sleep in our bed with us this week and towards the end was when I started getting some sleep during the night.  We didn’t set out to have the baby sleep with us, but it was the only way to get her to sleep a little bit since she refuses to sleep in her co-sleeper at night.  During the day she’ll sleep peacefully in it, but at night she just wants to be snuggled next to her mom.

Cameryn went on her first outing during this week as well.

Cameryn became more aware this week opening her eyes and staying up a little bit during the day.

She was labeled the worlds slowest eater this week as well.  It typically takes us an hour for each feeding as she like to eat, doze off then eat again.

Cameryn also started tummy time this week.  She is so strong for such a little peanut and has great control over her neck already.

What I’ll remember most from this week:  Finally getting her able to sleep a bit at night so Keith and I can get some sleep!

Week 3

Week three was a fun one as Cameryn continues to grow and get more alert each day.

I think I’m going to have to start putting some of her newborn clothing in a bin for storage as she is getting so long she can hardly fit in some of her newborn jammies.  Sad smile  Time is going by way to quickly but I am happy she is putting on weight, quite rapidly now!

Cameryn went of her first walk this week and also went on many outings during the week.  She is great in the car and sleeps while I’m at the stores.

Cameryn got a light weight stroller this week, thanks Grandma, for Valentines day which is making my life so much easier.  It is super light weight and is the same brand as our other stroller and car seat.  It makes shopping and running errands so much easier and I can handle it with just one hand.  Some carts are too small for her car seat so I have to carry her car seat through the store while shopping.  Luckily my mom is here so she was able to push a cart too.  There is no way I’d be able to carry a car seat and either push a cart or carry a basket at the same time so the stroller is such an awesome addition to her baby stuff and will make my life so much easier!

I have been sleeping better this week than the pervious weeks since we’ve come home form the hospital.  Although I’m still tired, I’m able to actually function during the day and get some things done during the day.

What I’ll Remember Most from this Week:  How alert she is becoming.  She now stays up for a few hours every morning when we try and play and do tummy time.  Lots of activities to help her brain development and her to grow.

IMG_1090IMG_1086IMG_1088IMG_1065IMG_1060IMG_1036IMG_1037

IMG_1029

14 Responses to “Cameryn Olivia: 2 & 3 Weeks”

1. sweetlyvegan February 12, 2012 at 11:12 am #

wow growing out of newborn already!! thats crazy! I am hesitant to buy any newborn clothing (we already have lots) bc I feel like our LO will outgrow it so soon too. Do you think its best to just buy the 3 month clothing? I am just worried because I heard they go through like 3 or 4 outfits a day due to spitting up?! So I always want so much of everything!!
    I’m glad to hear you are finally getting some rest!! Good sleep always makes such a huge difference in the way you look and feel 🙂
    Love all the pictures and her little outfits!! Especially the yawning picture and the ones with her eyes open!!! She is stunning!!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 12, 2012 at 7:21 pm #

I would buy some newborn clothing and keep the tags on so you can return them if you don’t need them. But if you already have lots then you should probably be set (you really don’t need many). If she is little enough to wear the newborn clothing you can have your man do a load of wash before you guys get home or right when you get home from the hospital. I had just a few items until the doctor told me I was going to most likey have the baby early. At that time I went out and bought some more items (more outfit type pieces) so we had about 10 pairs of pjs, 10 onesies, 6 pairs of pants, and then about 10 nice onesies she could wear during the day and a few sirts and hoodies that are still too big for her. I noticed we mostly use the plain white onesies that go under everything and also her pjs. She doesn’t dirty things that often, she might get some pee on her onesie while we change her but other than that she will go through a pair of pajamas and an outfit a day. Some days when we aren’t going anywhere or doing anything, I just keep her in her jammies all day. I can tell she is most comfortable in them not to mention they are easy to change her diaper in. Cameryn doesn’t spit up much at all and if she does I usually am able to get it off her mouth before it goes onto any clothing.

Cameryn is such a little doll and it is still crazy to me she is growing out of some of her pajamas!

2. Erica February 12, 2012 at 11:28 am #

oh yes…zombie time! I remember it well (and kay had a few replaces when she started getting teeth!) Glad youre feeling more like yourself

3. Amy@ahealthyandhappyheart February 12, 2012 at 4:43 pm #

Oh my how fast the weeks go…I am glad you are getting more sleep! Baby cameryn is simply beautiful! I love her little outfits and head bows 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 12, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

The weeks go by so quickly! It amazes me how fast time is now going! Now I can understand what people are talking about when they say kids grow up so fast!

4. Julie February 13, 2012 at 8:23 am #

Aww…she is precious! She looks like you! 🙂 Love all the outfits! Enjoy your time w/her!

5. HeatherB February 13, 2012 at 9:28 am #

Ahhh Co-sleeping! Isn’t a beautiful thing especially when your breastfeeding?! I took Luke into our bed too when he was a couple weeks old and even though a lot of people said how unsafe it was, it felt natural and like the right thing to do. Moms are so aware of their babies that never once was I afraid I would roll on him like they say. Someone told me once that as adults we don’t like sleeping alone so why would we expect a new-to-this-world tiny baby to be alone? I’m glad you are getting some sleep finally. And I’m glad your blogging again!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 14, 2012 at 10:20 am #

I agree with you how natural it feels to have her sleeping in our bed. I’m not afraid of rolling over on her either and I love waking up next to her being almost nose to nose! It is such a special time and I did a lot of research and there are actually lots of benefits to co sleeping with your baby! I will admit its going to be hard to get her to sleep in her crib in a few months because I just love having her in our bed!

• HeatherB February 14, 2012 at 11:08 am #

If it makes you feel better, Luke will be 17 months next week and he has never spent one night in a crib. I love him sleeping with us for the same reasons you said. I also read that a mother breathing close to baby can regulate the babies breathing which can prevent them from abnormal breathe patterns. Pretty cool!

6. allieksmith February 13, 2012 at 12:14 pm #

Cameryn is adorable! I’m glad things are going fairly well for you guys ❤

7. Lisa @ Healthy Diaries February 13, 2012 at 3:15 pm #

Oh she is just so precious! Loved all the pictures!! 🙂
    I hope the sleeping continues to get better for you! I can’t imagine how fast time goes once they’re here!

8. Alicia February 14, 2012 at 11:04 am #

She is ADORABLE!! ❤ I'm glad things are going smoothly with little misses! I was hesitant to buy newborn clothes as well, hubby still thinks they are really necessary since he claims little man will be a "big guy" like he was as a baby. We bought a few outfits but not many, mostly 0-3 months & up. Hope you are doing well, can't wait to read further updates! 🙂

9. Heather @ Get Healthy with Heather February 14, 2012 at 3:10 pm #

So precious! And I can’t believe how time is flying by this fast. It seems like she was just born!