Cameryn 5 Weeks

23 Feb

Month two has begun and I sure hope it doesn’t go as fast as month one did!

Cameryn is continuing to change so much on a daily basis.  She now weighs in at 8lbs 3ounces.  She is growing like a weed.

This week she has hand lots of company still in town and visiting her.  Both my mom and dad are here and she is getting spoiled being held 24/7.  She definitely doesn’t lack love in her life.  I feel so blessed Keith and I have such wonderful parents who love her so much.  Not to mention all the other family members who love her so much too!  Smile

This week, I think she had her first smile.  My dad was holding her after she woke up and had a tummy full of milk and she looked at him and cracked the biggest toothless gummy smile at him for like 5-10 seconds.  I couldn’t believe it as I wanted to have the first smile for selfish reasons, I am her mom after all!  Winking smile

Since then she hasn’t cracked another one so who knows, maybe it was reflex after all…even with her eyes open looking at him…

Cameryn is getting really strong with her tummy time and can now hold her head up great and look around.

She is also griping onto items she sees and loves grabbing my hair and hanging on to it tightly..ouch!

Cameryn had her first poop explosion this week and it went everywhere.  Literally everywhere.  Keith was changing her diaper after a poop and we didn’t realize she wasn’t done.  Lets just say a big load of laundry was immediately done.

Another first, Cameryn also spit up on me and pooped on me all in one day, on my birthday.  For some reason, it didn’t bother or even phase me and I love her more for it.  She just looks at me so innocently and unknowing and it just melts my heart.

Cameryn has also decided to use me as a human pacifier this past week.  She will seriously nurse form 6pm until midnight.  If she isn’t latched on sucking she is crying hysterically.  At one point my mom was watching her when we went to Costco and my mom called and said get home quick, the baby’s worked herself into a tizzy.  Thankfully when we got home, she had calmed down but I just hate to hear her cry.  I read that keeping her in a sling or wrap on me during the day might help her to not want to be on me form 6 until she falls asleep.  I read that she might just be craving more time with me and using me as a pacifier (she wont take a real one)

and crying when she isn’t nursing might be her way of spending more time with me.

Based off the above, she did have her first few crabby days.  Crying for no reason and the only way to calm her down was getting her to nurse.  That is the only thing she wanted.  Luckily the past few days have been good so hopefully we’re over that hump.

Speaking of crying, I looked into what the meaning of baby cries are.  Here is what I found and I swear the cries I can recognize hold true to what the cries are mentioned to mean.  There are five and here they are below:

1. EH” means “I need to burp” (and we know how they sound like a drunken sailor when it’s a good one. Easily detectable I’ve found)
  2. NEH” means “I’m hungry” (one should probably have this covered before tilting head in confusion on why baby is crying eh?)
  3. OWH” means “I’m sleepy” (this one I find really detectable which is always nice – nap time, mommy gets to pee and eat and if it’s a really good day, shower)
  4. "HEH” means “Discomfort
  5. EAIR” means “Abdominal Gas

I can detect “eh” and “neh” really easily and am still trying to hear the others.

Lastly, Cameryn had her one month old pictures taken!  She was such a little trooper.  I did have to feed her a quick ten minutes during the session as she started freaking out, but overall I think she did good for just a little baby!

Pictures From the Week

Just look at those cheeks!

IMG_1210

IMG_1215

My Dad just got back from Mexico and got her this little dress.  We put it on her to take a few pictures and she loved having it on and kicking her legs!

IMG_1236IMG_1253

My mom was holding her and I thought she looked so cute with her hat coming off her head!IMG_1267

She loves sleeping on her side more than anything with her head propped up on a pillow.

IMG_1273

Here are a few pictures from her one month photos.  I don’t want to share too many before I get my birth announcements out so here are some of the outtakes!

She got that red spot on her face after I fed her…go figure!

s42218ca114126_44

In between the cries we captured a sneeze!s42218ca114126_35s42218ca114126_15s42218ca114126_3

15 Responses to “Cameryn 5 Weeks”

1. amy February 23, 2012 at 10:28 am #

Just wanted to say that we’ve used the Baby Sling (recommended by Dr. William Sears) for our first 5 babies & hope to try the Mobi Wrap with our newest one. If you wear the sling for more than an hour or two, it can get a little uncomfortable across your shoulders. I’ve not tried the mobi wrap yet, but the baby’s weight is distributed more evenly across both shoulders. You can use the sling until they are toddlers, but the mobi wrap is just for infants. We have found that when we “wear” our babies (my hubby does it, too), they’re much more content. For more info, you could research attachment parenting. Good luck!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 23, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

We have a sling by Balboa which looks nice and a moby wrap as well. I have used the moby wrap to just try it out but haven’t actually carried C around in it yet. I will have to look into attachment parenting, my sister mentioned it out too.

2. Brooke Stately February 23, 2012 at 11:00 am #

Brynn tried to use me as her pacifier at night for literally 18 months. Lexi just broke the habit a few weeks ago ( 9 months). It makes it so hard to be away from them, but it does get easier. 🙂 She looks like Keith! But maybe it is just the hair. Can’t wait to meet her!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

How long did you breast feed Brynn for? I tried giving Cameryn a pacifier but she just spits it out.

I think she looks like Keith in the eyes and me in the cheeks! Can’t wait to see who she is going to look like as she gets older!

• Brooke Stately February 23, 2012 at 10:01 pm #

Brynn nursed until 18 months. I was ready to be done at 6 months (for both kids) but neither will take formula. Nursing is so much easier at night than having to make a bottle would be, plus I do believe my kids are healthier because of nursing for so long. I am going to wean Lexi at 1 yr and hope it goes better this time around!

Lexi likes to chew on pacifiers, but Brynn refused them altogether.

I see Keith’s whole family in her face. But I think it is because they have no hair! haha, You should post baby pics of the 3 of you to see who looks like who. But I read that all babies look like their father, it is like nature’s DNA test. 🙂

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 24, 2012 at 8:51 am #

I think breastfeed babies are healthier too. I plan on feeding Cameryn until she is at least a year. It isn’t bad at all, it is just you can’t really be away from them. I can hardly leave her for 30 minutes because if she wakes up and wants food, she cries bloody murder until she gets fed. I wish Cameryn would take a pacifier but I think we’ll just keep trying it each week and if she doesn’t like it do be it. I’m hoping that’s not a sign she wont like bottles!

I heard babies look like their Dad’s at first and then the mom starts to show in her features. My sister told me that! I will need to get a baby picture of Keith’s but right now comparing her to my newborn pic, we have the same face shape, cheeks and I think nose. Her eyes are definitely Keith’s!

3. Lisa@Healthy Diaries February 23, 2012 at 11:05 am #

Cameryn is getting so big and has changed so much already!

My husband happened to walk behind me while reading your post and he said that baby girl has such big and beautiful eyes! 🙂

4. Shanna like Banana February 23, 2012 at 11:34 am #

Oh look at how precious she looks! I also love the side sleeping pic. Too too cute 🙂

The pulling of the air is definitely ouch! Beware of necklaces and earrings too.

I am so glad you are loving and thriving in motherhood.

Hugs to you and C!

5. HeatherB February 24, 2012 at 9:40 am #

I love her little dress!! So cute. I had Luke in a sling alllll the time. Everytime we went to the store, cooking dinner, for walks, he was always in the sling. He liked the warmth of my body and just felt safe I think. I’m still nursing him at 18 months and plan to wean at two years. It’s so much easier and makes me feel good he’s still getting really good nutrition through breastmilk. I’ve read that babies “cluster feed” sometimes before bed so that they sleep longer at night. Luke did that too and while it’s a lit on Mom, maybe she’ll start sleeping a bit longer between nighttime feedings. Sleep would be nice!!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 24, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

I am excited to start using all our baby wearing gear!

I want to breastfeed for at least a year, or that is the plan at this point.

She has been sleeping longer at night a couple of the past nights. She woke up last night around 4am for her second nightly feeding and ate then pulled herself off and fell asleep which is a first. It was nice she didn’t want to stay on for a while after she was done.

6. Shayla @ The Good Life February 24, 2012 at 6:14 pm #

Awww she’s absolutely precious Kjirsten!!! Such a beautiful baby girl..and love her in all her pink!! And I hope you had a very happy birthday…I’m sure it was amazing with your wonderful new family 🙂

7. sweetlyvegan February 24, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

You really have the most gorgeous baby! I love the dress your dad got her! She has such cute little legs!! I can’t wait to see her one month pics!
    Love the de-coding baby cries key. I am sure I will be referring to that quite a bit once our LO arrives.
    How are you liking the co-sleeper?

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life February 25, 2012 at 8:24 am #

Ahh, thanks Jen! I think she is the most beautiful baby ever! 🙂

The cries key is really helpful, I just wish I could detect more of them. The hungry cry is the easiest to detect and I feel like that is what her cries always sound like. Although I can tell the burp one too.

The co-sleeper isn’t working so well. I used it for one night and just half the night and haven’t used it since. We only have a queen sized bed and it was too tight in there. I was pratically smooshed so I took it out. I’m thinking of trying to get her to sleep in it in her bedside crib as a transition out of our bed, but don’t know if she’ll like it. So far, she hasn’t liked laying in there and still loves sleeping right next to me snuggled up.