Cameryn Week 7

7 Mar

Week seven has been pretty similar to week six.  We are still trying to adjust and find a semi routine.

Cameryn had her first big girl bath.  Before, we weren’t filling the tub with water, only a smaller pink tub that she could dip her feet into.

Bath time was a success and she didn’t cry once!

IMG_1481

She also started using her Bumbo chair this week!  She loves this thing, especially looking all around and checking everything out from a new perspective!

IMG_1504IMG_1516IMG_1526

She also slept in her co-sleeper in her crib next to our bed for about 1-2 hours this past week!  The longest she’s slept in her crib at bedtime since the first week we had her home!  I think she was super tuckered out from her bath!

IMG_1553

She is still enjoying the activity mat and tummy time, but only for short periods of time!

IMG_1497IMG_1499

Other news of the week, she took a bottle for the first time, but only one.  She drank about 1 ounce from it.  Both Keith and I were proud.  We tried giving her another one about 5 days later and she was too tired to even drink any milk form it.

She is also growing to love her swing.  I’m able to type this blog post right now since she is sleeping in it.  It took her about two weeks to get familiar with it and now once she is sleeping, we can put her in it.  If she is awake she doesn’t want anything to do with it.  We’re still working on that.

Since she is starting to show a little independence by sleeping in her swing, it has given me the free time to get chores done around the house, shower, check emails and so on.  We still have our days when she needs to be snuggled and held, but at least she doesn’t have to be held constantly everyday!

Overall, she is just such an amazing little girl.  She is starting to show more smile’s but they are still hard to get.  I’m hoping this is the week she’ll really start flashing that toothless smile!  Smile

Week 7 Pictures

IMG_1557IMG_1559IMG_1560

IMG_6158IMG_6152IMG_6174IMG_6179IMG_6181IMG_6188IMG_6197

26 Responses to “Cameryn Week 7”

1. allieksmith March 7, 2012 at 3:02 pm #

I love the3 pictures of Cameryn in her little chair… she is just checking out the world, LOL!

2. sweetlyvegan March 7, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

I LOVE THE PICS!!!! she is so flipping cute!!! And her little belly during bath time… she is just irresistible 🙂 thats awesome you are getting some more freedom and she is learning to be content on her own. time is going by so fast! I can’t believe you have had your baby and she is already 7 weeks! I feel like just yesterday I was looking at your baby bump pics! love her headbands too!!! xoxox

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 8, 2012 at 11:01 am #

Thanks so much! I can’t stop taking pictures of her! I think I’ve gone through two memory cards already and need to get more so I can keep snapping away! I can’t believe she is already seven weeks either. I feel like I was just talking about having a baby and now here she is!

3. Shanna like Banana March 7, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

Oh she is precious!!!

I am glad you mentioned the bumbo. I wasn’t going to try Sawyer in it for several more weeks but maybe I will take it out now!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 8, 2012 at 11:00 am #

Try Sawyer out in his chair, I bet he is big enough and strong enough and will love it! I love watching Cameryn as she looks all around in it. I also think she feels pretty cool sitting there all by herself! 🙂

4. Jamie @ Food in Real Life March 7, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

So cute! I’m impressed by her head control in the bumbo chair! We have one but I don’t think Olivia is ready for it. Olivia took a bottle for the first time last night! She drank about 2 ounces and I pumped while Joe fed her. I don’t get that much milk when I pump between feedings so I’ve been having to pump a lot to make her bottles. My ped said that since she took 2oz we should offer her 4 (which would take me forever if I’m not pumping in place of feedings). This whole pumping thing is a bit complex, I love that Joe can feed her and I can go out if I have a supply, but the boob is a whole lot less complex!

Glad to hear Cameryn slept in the cosleeper! Yay!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 8, 2012 at 10:59 am #

I was impressed she could sit in it too! She is a strong little girl!

I don’t get a lot either when I pump, in fact only like 2 ounces or less. It would take me all week to get 4 ounces to feed her a full bottle, but it is worth trying for since then dad can feed her and I can have a glass of wine! 🙂 I agree that just nursing her is so much more less complex!

5. Corrie Anne March 8, 2012 at 12:05 am #

How sweet!! And that Bumbo chair thing looks awesome!! How cool is that!!

6. Lisa@Healthy Diaries.com March 8, 2012 at 7:03 am #

Look how cute she is! Her cheeks are really starting to fill out now! 🙂

Glad to hear that you’re able to get a few chores done! I can’t imagine how hard the first few months are with getting on a schedule and finding time to do everything!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 8, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Her cheeks are getting really big and it is making her even more adorable, if that is possible!

The first few months are challenging, but oh so much fun! So finding some kind of schedule has been so amazing!

7. andeelayne March 8, 2012 at 9:58 am #

she is too cute for words! such a little doll baby! Glad to hear you are getting a little free time to yourself! Were expecting our first little girl anyway now! ahhh Im really hoping that she will take to a swing or crib so that I can have a little time to myself as well! love the updates xo

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 8, 2012 at 10:56 am #

I bet you are beyond excited for your litle girl to get here! It is such a precious time in life!

The swing has been so awesome! I don’t know what I would do if I she had to be held all day. It is nice to get a little free time when at home to get things done like putting the dishes away, cooking dinner and doing laundry!

8. Priya March 8, 2012 at 11:52 am #

She is adorable!! Love that you managed to capture her smile in the last two pictures. We are expecting our lil’ girl in July and I’m making a running list of baby items that work for mommies from all the blogs. I’m going to add the bumbo chair to our list – seems like a great idea..

9. HollieisFueledByLOLZ March 8, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

Awe those photos are adorable. I love how everything is captured so perfectly!

10. minnesoyoga March 9, 2012 at 10:48 am #

I look at her big eyes and see you but then I double take because I see Keith. So blessed you are 🙂

11. Linnhe March 9, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

Hi Kjirsten! i’ve been reading your blog for about a year now and this is my first comment. About a year and a half ago, I completely changed my lifestyle and transformed my body, lost 20 pounds, and have become an inspiration for many people, which has made everything so worth it. That being said, I discovered your blog and you have seriously inspired me to not only progress but to really keep up a healthy lifestyle, which can be hard to do when you’re only doing it with yourself. I started my own blog for myself, and I just want to give you a huge thank you for being such an inspiration for me. I’ve also loved reading about your pregnancy and seeing all of your beautiful pictures of baby Cameryn – what a doll! Congratulations on absolutely everything you’ve accomplished, thank you for helping to really change my life, and I look forward to continue to read your posts!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 13, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your comment really made my day, so sweet of you. I can’t wait to check out your blog and wish you nothing but absolute success on your health journey. Congrats on your weight loss and I’m so happy you are inspiring those around you!

• Trainer Kjirsten- Balanced Healthy Life March 13, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

Thank you so much for your kind words, so kind of you. Your comment made my day! 🙂

I can’t wait to check out your blog, welcome to the blogging community!

I’m so happy for you and losing 20 pounds, that is fantastic! You just need to keep looking forward and inspiring those around you and those who follow your blog! Livng a healthy lifestyle is so rewarding and I’m so happy you are on your own healthy journey! Congrats!

12. Claire @ Live and Love to Eat March 10, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

I just want to pinch those little cheeks so badly! Thanks for sharing her with us! 😉